Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticknock: How to find blue/easier trails

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

prunudo wrote:
    Good to hear. It would be great if Coillte took it on to become a official but natural trail centre.

Unlikely I'd say, insurance issues, easier to just largely ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Unlikely I'd say, insurance issues, easier to just largely ignore them

It would be nice if the status quo continued but they don't want us in their woods and ultimately believe we should all be using the offical trails in Ticknock and Ballinastoe. I think they underestimate the amount of mountain bikers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

prunudo wrote: »
    It would be nice if the status quo continued but they don't want us in their woods and ultimately believe we should all be using the offical trails in Ticknock and Ballinastoe. I think they underestimate the amount of mountain bikers out there.

its understandable why they dont want us there, we re a liability, and they have obligations with their insurers to prevent it from happening. maybe they underestimate activity, but im not so sure about that, i think theyre just turning a blind eye. we ve been building in the same area for years, we ve never had intentional interference from them and they know we ve been there for years. we re very mindful during building, pedestrians have right of way, always, it amazes me how some builders think they have right of way, and build stupidly, even dangerously, particularly for pedestrians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Collectively lobbying for a change in legislation that would remove their liability would be beneficial for everyone. They wouldn't be as worried about using the land if they weren't accountable for what goes on their.

Then as long as it wasn't affecting their commercial operations they probably wouldn't mind as much.

Why the scandal that is the insurance crisis hasn't claimed heads in government is beyond me, for something that is decimating any chance of progressing the sport in Ireland, or chances of increasing revenue through tourism to go on without protests or reproach is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I hear that today, the landowner of Dreamtrack is cracking up and closing the trail with an excavator because he says that MTBers are flying down it at breakneck speeds and doing the jumps without a care for walkers. Something must have happened between walkers and MTBers there recently, and maybe the walker(s) contacted the landowner about it. That trail was the jewel in Ticknock's crown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

fatbhoy wrote: »
    I hear that today, the landowner of Dreamtrack is cracking up and closing the trail with an excavator because he says that MTBers are flying down it at breakneck speeds and doing the jumps without a care for walkers. Something must have happened between walkers and MTBers there recently, and maybe the walker(s) contacted the landowner about it. That trail was the jewel in Ticknock's crown.

DT, a victim of the Covid Crisis... :eek:

Advertisement