Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

pauldry wrote: »
    The second half of July will be good but August is monsoon month isnt it?

I have a feeling August may start off well, but that the settled spell wil break after the first week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

What a fabulous night sultry and warm went out for a cycle and so enjoyable not to have wind rain or that breeze that’s ever present here. If carlsberg did nights....

If carlsberg did nights....

It's look like Liverpool will be champions tonight too:) A lightning show would be the perfect way to celebrate it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's look like Liverpool will be champions tonight too:) A lightning show would be the perfect way to celebrate it :D

With a golden sky

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cracking morning here in Kildare already 19 degrees. Will have to make the most of it before the rain arrives.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

What I call holiday heat here this morning in Dublin. Cracking morning

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Too warm for the wife and smallies. Hope it gets back to around 15 or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Too warm for the wife and smallies. Hope it gets back to around 15 or so

Don’t worry it will 🙄.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

DellyBelly wrote: »
    What I call holiday heat here this morning in Dublin. Cracking morning

Is there anything nicer than morning warmth with that slightly cooler air...

Beautiful morning

• Registered Users Posts: 23,446 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Out in cuckoo land but would be stunning start to July!

ECM1-240.GIF?26-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Mad how 20 degrees and 70% humidity atm feels freezing vs yesterday! Air is so light and cool despite the high humidity, classic thunder freshening things up feel.

EDIT: Reading up on humidity its usually at its highest in the morning anyway and not really a case of your classic afternoon high humidity that makes it feel like an oven out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Out in cuckoo land but would be stunning start to July!

ECM ensembles seem to indicate a pressure rise by that time, the trend is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I thought the weather was meant to be awful after yesterday. It’s about 22 degrees here in Dublin 5, quite pleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I could be wrong but I recall August 2015 being very warm

Gonzo wrote: »
    August yeah is usually awful where the jetstream get's powered up and the PV start's to rebuild. Most of Europe usually enjoys a very hot August but Ireland is usually back into an Autumn pattern by that stage. However this is not always the case and there has been warm and settled August's in the past. Right now most of the long term models are hinting towards a settled and slightly warmer than average August which extends into early Autumn as well.

The long term models have been very good so far this year. Most of them predicted this relatively unsettled June and at the time around the 1st of June some of us were quite skeptical of their June outlook, but they have proven to be correct again. I am now hoping for a warmer and dryer second half of the summer. July will probably be a continuation of relatively cool and Atlantic driven weather into the first week of the month but hopefully by mid month we will see a big shift towards high pressure and the Atlantic blocking up for a few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

21.5 degrees in D9. Lot of cloud bubbling up just to my south - will get to yesterdays max I'd imagine (22.7 to beat) if it holds off a little or steer clear of the sun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought the weather was meant to be awful after yesterday. It’s about 22 degrees here in Dublin 5, quite pleasant

temperatures will likely lower from the early afternoon as cooler air moves in. Back to normal service everywhere from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm really getting sick of this humidity, you're cold one minute and you do something and next minute you're sweating. I've gone through too many clothes and had too many showers over the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wow another amazing day.I wasn't expecting it to be this nice today!

Brilliant. Hope it continues.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    ECM ensembles seem to indicate a pressure rise by that time, the trend is your friend.

Yes. The long range models are indicating this. The blocking over Scandinavia is signalled to last till the first week of August. We may well have a breakdown before then, though. Hopefully any breakdown is thundery in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'm really getting sick of this humidity, you're cold one minute and you do something and next minute you're sweating. I've gone through too many clothes and had too many showers over the last few days!

Humidity does not bother me at all these days. Much prefer it to cool Atlantic muck.

Really not looking forward to the cool westerlies over the next ten days or so.

Yesterday felt like I was in Spain or the US and it was bliss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy, humid day in cork city again. Some spits of rain just now too. Only about 15°c aswell. The difference that can pop up around this country always interests me! Enjoy the weather east coast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I could be wrong but I recall August 2015 being very warm

That’s not correct I’m afraid. Summer 2015 was second coolest summer of the century so far behind 2011. All 3 months had below average temperatures. August 2016 was relatively warm which maybe the one you’re thinking of.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely warm morning here in Meath, currently 22C, however the cooler air is not far away now with cooler temperatures heading northwards over the next few hours, will be fairly fresh in most place by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo and Sligo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

There will be heavy rain and blustery conditions at times, from Saturday morning through to early Monday, leading to accumulations of 40 to 60mm with spot flooding. Higher totals are expected in mountainous areas with the risk of flash flooding.

Valid: 09:00 Saturday 27/06/2020 to 09:00 Monday 29/06/2020

Issued: 12:00 Friday 26/06/2020

24C now at Phoenix Park, that will probably be today's high. A few thunderstorms breaking out in Northern Ireland.

Still 22C here at Dunshaughlin and cloud is increasing. A beautiful day so far and gave the lawn another cut just in time to take advantage of one more dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

What the hell, starting to get a bit chilly now in Kildare North.

How did that happen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy mist/drizzle all day in cork city, coming and going every so often. Rotten day

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

Looks like we are about to enter the tunnel of S&it weather until the 10th of July! Summer will be nearly half over then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Signs that the week after next week summer may return ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

alentejo wrote: »
    Looks like we are about to enter the tunnel of S&it weather until the 10th of July! Summer will be nearly half over then :(

Tick
    Tock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement