Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Open Banking

• 20-06-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi folks...

Happy to see this development for BOI customers but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Continually having an error about credentials being incorrect and when I try a second time it says my account is temp locked.

I've set up keycode successfully and in Revolut when I try to add a linked account it redirects me to BOI page to login. Put in username and then generate a password from keycode to enter, but always the same errors.

Have also de-registered, uninstalled and reinstalled keycode app and set it up again, but no joy.

Any thoughts?

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Screenshot of error attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties adding an account for Open Banking. Can I check if you have attempted entering your 365 login details at this point, rather than the password generated by the KeyCode app?

Thanks, Aisling

Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties adding an account for Open Banking. Can I check if you have attempted entering your 365 login details at this point, rather than the password generated by the KeyCode app?

Thanks, Aisling

That message is generated after I enter my six digit user ID and the password generated by KeyCode.

Ronan H wrote: »
    That message is generated after I enter my six digit user ID and the password generated by KeyCode.

Here's the input fields. I'm directed to this page from Revolut when I try to add a linked account.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here Ronan. 

In this instance, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the Customer Service Desk so they can check this out for you. 

The team can be contacted by Secure Message on your 365 online account by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here Ronan. 

In this instance, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on the Customer Service Desk so they can check this out for you. 

The team can be contacted by Secure Message on your 365 online account by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help you with this. 

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks. Done.

Just updating this to close it off.

Received a message back from someone on the team who said it has been sent to a programmer to resolve. Issue resolved within 24 hours and all working fine now.

Nice work.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Received a message back from someone on the team who said it has been sent to a programmer to resolve. Issue resolved within 24 hours and all working fine now.

Nice work.

R

I'm interested in using this feature also to use Revolut to check my BOI account, mind me asking how you go about setting this up, is it through the Revolut app or via BOI?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Nice work.

R
    Hi Ronan, thanks for getting back to us here. 

We’re happy to hear that this has been sorted for you. 

If there’s anything else that we can help you with please feel free to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Morby wrote: »
    I'm interested in using this feature also to use Revolut to check my BOI account, mind me asking how you go about setting this up, is it through the Revolut app or via BOI?

Thanks!

You have to log in to 365 and go to Manage Accounts >>> KeyCode App (bottom of screen). I suggest you do that part on a laptop as you need to switch between it and the KeyCode app a few times during setup and once you leave the KeyCode screen the app closes (presumably a security thing).

Follow the instructions on the 365 screen. As part of the process you'll have to install the KeyCode app on your phone, then just follow the instructions from there. You'll be bounced between both to enter/verify stuff until setup is complete. During this process you'll create a pin number in KeyCode app.

Then...

Go into Revolut, choose linked accounts, follow a few prompts and you'll be redirected to the BOI page where you will be asked for your 6 digit user ID and a password generated by KeyCode.

Open KeyCode, enter the pin you set up and then choose Password from the menu. It will generate a random password that you then enter into BOI screen along with your 6 digit ID. There's a few prompts then and that should be it. When you go back to Revolut the account(s) should be there.

This sounds complicated but it's really not. What I have described takes about 3-5 minutes.

Haven't looked into what you can actually do once you have your accounts in Revolut, but at the very least it's infinitely faster to access my accounts compared to the 365 app.

Hope that helps.

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

That's brilliant, very helpful indeed. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 salmagoo

Morby wrote: »
    That's brilliant, very helpful indeed. Thanks so much.
    I second that!! I would still be trying to tackle it if I hadn't come across this! It's not very clear! Thanks a million!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Does this work for Northern Irish customers or just Republic of Ireland customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

gr1980 wrote: »
    Does this work for Northern Irish customers or just Republic of Ireland customers?

Good morning gr1890, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Bank of Ireland UK does offer Open Banking to their customers. For more information on it, please see the link below.

https://www.bankofireland.com/accountaccess/help/

I hope this information helps and if there is anything further we can help with please get in touch!

Have a nice day and take care.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caz1994

Trying to top up my Revolut by adding my BOI IBAN. I put my IBAN into the Revolut app and it brings me to to the BOI app where the loading screen appears and doesn’t load, eventually times out. Any ideas? I tried to access the KeyCode feature but can’t seem to access it on my BOI account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi all,

Thanks for checking this with us today.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty making this top up. Firstly, we would ensure that you have the latest version of the app installed. Can we also ask are your BOI accounts visible on Revolut already?

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Is there an issue with linking accounts at the moment with Revolut? Mine won't work with the updated app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Is there an issue with linking accounts at the moment with Revolut? Mine won't work with the updated app.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty with this. Can we ask are you receiving any error messages when trying to link your accounts?

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement