Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to lodge cash - branch is closed

• 23-05-2020 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

Hi there, my local branch is closed. I have some cash which I need to lodge and the ATM function to do this at the branch is not in service due to the closure.

There are no other branches within 5km of me so what are my options? Can I lodge money in another bank, e.g. AIB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

The 5km restriction is not relevant for going to a bank. You can go to the bank which has the facilities you need. Many people live much further than that from any bank.

EDIT: Sorry, I saw this post on the main page, and I didn't notice that it was in a specific bank forum, so you would be looking for a reply from a bank representative. Apologies for jumping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can lodge to Ulster and Aib in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I need to lodge to Bank of Ireland.

emanresu wrote: »
    The 5km restriction is not relevant for going to a bank. You can go to the bank which has the facilities you need. Many people live much further than that from any bank.

EDIT: Sorry, I saw this post on the main page, and I didn't notice that it was in a specific bank forum, so you would be looking for a reply from a bank representative. Apologies for jumping in.
    No problem. I don't know what branches are open. I'm hoping a rep here will be able to tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'll have to go to the bank then, your allowed wouldn't worry about the 5km

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Retro.

Go to the next boi and put the money in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Retro. wrote: »
    Go to the next boi and put the money in

I went to three Bank of Ireland’s in one day and all the ATMs lodgements were not working . Bank of Ireland don’t really want personal customers me thinks .

hurler32 wrote: »
    I went to three Bank of Ireland’s in one day and all the ATMs lodgements were not working . Bank of Ireland don’t really want personal customers me thinks .

One that's open

BOI would never take advantage of all this to close the branches permanently

Would they

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You can use another bank. I've done it before to pay my rent via cash.

But try ringing them and explain. That's really poor service. You are trying to give them money. And paying for the service, or lack of it.

God I hate the banks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

While you wait on a rep. Here’s a list of the open BOI branches by region.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-opening-during-covid-19/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/branch-banking/external-lodgement-atm-locations/#panel1

a list of BOI atms that take lodgements

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I checked that list and not all the branches listed are doing lodgements .. any branches closed have the lodgement option turned off on the ATMs only banks that are open are doing lodgements.
    The banks that are closed have no staff on site or process the lodgements or maintain or empty the ATMs .
    The same with my local BOI which closed the lodgements on machine turned off. Nearest bank is 15km away and a lot of elderly customers wouldn’t have transport to an open BOI .. the local bus ( private operators) stopped all town links two months ago ..

I've been caught a few times now with the lodgement facility gone

Had to travel or use the sons card to pay for stuff

Do any family members bank with AIB or Ulster Bank?  

If so ask them to lodge the cash to their account via the Post Office then transfer the money to your BOI account online. 

Not ideal, but in the circumstances its a possible work around. 

Thanks for all the tips and links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there, my local branch is closed. I have some cash which I need to lodge and the ATM function to do this at the branch is not in service due to the closure.

There are no other branches within 5km of me so what are my options? Can I lodge money in another bank, e.g. AIB?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

The changes we have needed to make to our branch footprint and associated redeployment of staff unfortunately means that the lodgement facility at our closed branches is not possible right now. I realise that this is inconvenient for you and I am sorry that we cannot provide the Lodgment facility at the moment. We are prioritising available staff time to keep the withdrawal services operational so customers can continue to have access to their money at all locations.

Please be assured that that lodgements can be made at our branches which remain open during this time. For a list of branches please see here

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well.

Thanks Jen 

Advertisement