Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring Doorbell Video 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

duffman13 wrote: »
    Seen on HUKD, Amazon and Curry's both running an offer on the Ring doorbell 2 for a good price of £89

Currys also doing the added benefit of Spotify premium free for 6 months but you'll have to use parcel motel to get it.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-security-and-cctv/ring-video-doorbell-2-10167878-pdt.html
    With the pandemic nobody should be knocking on my door for the next 12 months so I'll pass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

€130 in Argus right now.

Lowest price I've seen it there.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7528688.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

£89 on Amazon UK too and free delivery to Ireland for Prime members. (Join for free 30 day prime if not already a prime member).

I have the pro version and great piece of kit.

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    €130 in Argus right now.

Lowest price I've seen it there.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7528688.htm

You can only order it through their Ebay store for €137 with delivery, so if you're going down that route you might as well save ~25% and order it from somewhere like Amazon as Sup08 mentioned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

The new ring doorbell 3 and 3 plus to be released soon, I have the ring doorbell 2 but will most likely upgrade to the new 3 version as it has a 4 second pre roll, we currently only get motion (recordings) when they are already at the door or leaving, if I extend the motion further it picks up everything on the path (our drive is probably about 5 meters).
    There was a notice of a trade in your old ring doorbell if brought through amazon when I signed up for the new release (no idea how much though) and still waiting for new release.
    Definitely a bargain at €89 tho with a possible trade in available for a upgrade.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/all-new-ring-video-doorbell-3-hd-video-improved-motion-detection-and-easy-installation/dp/B07W7W776T?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Ps
    Anyone find that bin trucks passing in the street Always set off the motion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How would this compare to the blink XT2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The 7 reviews that show up first for the ring video 2 all seem to be terrible on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My previous (Non-Ring) Video Doorbell died in December so I'd jumped on buying a WUUK, but Covid-19 related manufacturing and shipping delays have pushed that back over the past few months.
    Jumped on this yesterday, will do the job and easy integration into google home is a bonus.
    No extra chimes or repeaters needed ;)

Thanks, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I bought the ring 2 before and ended up returning it- really poor level of connectivity from it.
    Wouldn’t connect to WiFi and we tried everything- paying virgin to send out a technician, WiFi extenders, etc.

From my experience- stay clear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I bought the ring 2 before and ended up returning it- really poor level of connectivity from it.
    Wouldn’t connect to WiFi and we tried everything- paying virgin to send out a technician, WiFi extenders, etc.

I have it. works perfectly.

Wi-fi is always solid.

Virgin's and most ISP supply really ****e wifi equipment most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

That's a balls so great idea and piece of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Ordered on Tuesday night. Received an email to say they are out of stock. Looking at the web site, it says the same

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

try from the official website maybe?
    https://eu.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-2?variant=13061938380823
    I order one today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Mine has never disconnected from my WiFi since I put it in. No issue with it at all.

My own experience is all good.
    I do not have this version either.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Hi I have an unbranded version of Ring. It rings in the house when someone is at the door but for some reason it rings on the phone about and hour later!
    The only good thing is it has an inbuilt sd card and you can view back on everyone that has been at the door and you can also set up motion detect on it. But crap if you want to use it for answering on your phone.

Q. Does anyone know if you can do this on the Ring 2? Or do I have to pay every month to record who was at the door and for motion detect? Can I install an SD Card?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I love all the smart home stuff. I'm interested to give it a try so I picked one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

scholes wrote: »
    Hi I have an unbranded version of Ring. It rings in the house when someone is at the door but for some reason it rings on the phone about and hour later!
    The only good thing is it has an inbuilt sd card and you can view back on everyone that has been at the door and you can also set up motion detect on it. But crap if you want to use it for answering on your phone.

Q. Does anyone know if you can do this on the Ring 2? Or do I have to pay every month to record who was at the door and for motion detect? Can I install an SD Card?

Thanks in advance

Free for a month and then €30 for the year to be able to go back and view. Absolute bargain at €30 for the year in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

I have iphone 7 and google home (with screen). Ill get a mobile notification and The google home will be the ringer is it?

I have a bell but i would have to get somebody to wire it I imagine using the battery will see the google act as the chime?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Are these easily nickable when installed?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

You put two screws in under. Easy enough to disconnect but the person unscrewing it is caught on camera doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Does the ring 2 fit over the existing doorbell?
    I have an echo and a dot so am I right in saying the sound when doorbell is pressed comes through either the echo or the dot or both?

iggy wrote: »
    Does the ring 2 fit over the existing doorbell?
    I have an echo and a dot so am I right in saying the sound when doorbell is pressed comes through either the echo or the dot or both?

You can attach it to an existing chime

Pair with a ring doorbell chime

Have it alert alexa

They can all ring at the same time

Ring will replace it free of charge if stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Free for a month and then €30 for the year to be able to go back and view. Absolute bargain at €30 for the year in my opinion.

Great thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Great value on the Ring site. Current old style bell has died so this might be the new toy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Great value on the Ring site. Current old style bell has died so this might be the new toy :)

Very good especially considering Currys have it back in stock at £179 now (although there is a code on the page to knock £74 off it)...

https://eu.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-2?variant=13061938380823, shipping free to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Finger on the trigger about to buy this direct from the Ring site for 99e!

I have just a traditional doorbell, I take it this is a good buy or should I hang on for the Ring 3?

Edit: Upon more research online, reviews etc - ordered. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Is there rewiring involved or the installation of some sort of transformer as these were built for US current?

Is that still a thing?

Have a eufycam which I find brilliant but wouldn't mind the doorbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Anyone got one and it stopped giving notifications?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does this work with Google home/chromecast?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement