Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-03-2020, 08:02   #1
dhaughton99

TUS / CE during Corona

Hi,
Just wondering what the situation with the rest of you.
I’m in a school with 2 other TUS workers and we are all told that we still have to attend. Only us and the caretaker. It was brought up with the line manager and we were told it’s down to the principal.
Advertisement
19-03-2020, 10:40   #2
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaughton99 View Post
Hi,
Just wondering what the situation with the rest of you.
I’m in a school with 2 other TUS workers and we are all told that we still have to attend. Only us and the caretaker. It was brought up with the line manager and we were told it’s down to the principal.
What has the principal said then? I’m in a public office which is now closed to the public and our excellent CE Scheme person who is working as a receptionist has been told by her CE scheme supervisor that it was up to our manager.
Our manager has said she should continue to come.
Thanks from:
19-03-2020, 10:50   #3
dhaughton99

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter65 View Post
What has the principal said then? I’m in a public office which is now closed to the public and our excellent CE Scheme person who is working as a receptionist has been told by her CE scheme supervisor that it was up to our manager.
Our manager has said she should continue to come.
Principal said we should continue to come in also.
19-03-2020, 10:52   #4
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaughton99 View Post
Principal said we should continue to come in also.
That’s your answer then. It’s like any other job really.
19-03-2020, 17:32   #5
castletownman

I'm on a CE scheme in a local museum mid-week, but that has closed in line with most other touristy things, although our payments thankfully aren't affected.

However, I wasn't paid today (on my usual pay-day), and I heard on the radio that the government will be changing SW payments to fortnightly or something. Wondering does that only affect this new covid-19 allowance, or pre-existing packages, or is there just a delay? My supervisor hasn't advised me of any changes.
Advertisement
19-03-2020, 17:53   #6
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by castletownman View Post
I'm on a CE scheme in a local museum mid-week, but that has closed in line with most other touristy things, although our payments thankfully aren't affected.

However, I wasn't paid today (on my usual pay-day), and I heard on the radio that the government will be changing SW payments to fortnightly or something. Wondering does that only affect this new covid-19 allowance, or pre-existing packages, or is there just a delay? My supervisor hasn't advised me of any changes.
Get on to your supervisor immediately as payment comes directly from the scheme
Thanks from:
23-03-2020, 00:04   #7
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Principal is being an ass - It's not "like any other job" - get onto your TUS rep and tell them the craic. They'll tell you to go home.
24-03-2020, 12:14   #8
crossmolinalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
Principal is being an ass - It's not "like any other job" - get onto your TUS rep and tell them the craic. They'll tell you to go home.
work myself on a community centre
Its closed for public and im still in the job doing maintenance jobs and the gardens
Nobody there in hundred of meters only one of the chairholders once a week
Wont see your problems
24-03-2020, 13:26   #9
dhaughton99

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossmolinalad View Post
work myself on a community centre
Its closed for public and im still in the job doing maintenance jobs and the gardens
Nobody there in hundred of meters only one of the chairholders once a week
Wont see your problems
Good for you but I dealt with 7 different people this morning. There was a man taken on 3 weeks ago and his “job” is to arse around in an empty greenhouse for 4 hours a day. He mightn’t meet with anyone but still has to get the bus to the school and has been told that he still has to turn up.
Advertisement
25-03-2020, 11:25   #10
dhaughton99

Went to the school this morning. All locked up. No phone call from the principal or TUS supervisor. Same with the other lad.
30-03-2020, 19:45   #11
alanzo27

I'd like to give some insight into my situation.

I have been sent home since the 14th March following guidelines. I am working in a local Charity Shop under the scheme. I have been paid the usual weekly rate since.

My TÚS supervisor has informed me that I will be paid this week as normal, and will then be given a double week on the 9th of April for Easter. They had said they will inform me what will happen after that. I would assume this is similar to others who are on the scheme.
Thanks from:
30-03-2020, 21:01   #12
splinter65

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzo27 View Post
I'd like to give some insight into my situation.

I have been sent home since the 14th March following guidelines. I am working in a local Charity Shop under the scheme. I have been paid the usual weekly rate since.

My TÚS supervisor has informed me that I will be paid this week as normal, and will then be given a double week on the 9th of April for Easter. They had said they will inform me what will happen after that. I would assume this is similar to others who are on the scheme.
The CE Scheme lady who works in our office was “let go” from today.
31-03-2020, 13:19   #13
Gatling

I heard funding was being pulled from CE childcare schemes in the next week or so , likely those on childcare placements will be laid off
31-03-2020, 13:28   #14
crossmolinalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post
I heard funding was being pulled from CE childcare schemes in the next week or so , likely those on childcare placements will be laid off
Heard nothing about that yet ladies were there this morning and told me nothing about it
Im on ce they sent me home but because the childcare goes on in the building im working , I have to come back a hour and a half for cleaning after they left the building
31-03-2020, 15:14   #15
Gatling

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossmolinalad View Post
Heard nothing about that yet ladies were there this morning and told me nothing about it
Possibly some kind of announcement on Friday this is only for those on childcare placements as pobal is withdrawn funding

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion