Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoVid-19 Part VIII - 292 cases ROI (2 deaths) 62 in NI (as of 17th March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Christy42

Leo: We'll be fine, don't worry. It'll be grand.

Also Leo: You should be absolutely f*cling terrified, and will likely die.

I have to imagine you had the wrong channel. He did not say the second thing in the slightest. This is the sort of utter and complete nonsense he asked people to stop going on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Some difference between Leo and Boris..

Exactly what my 17 yr old daughter said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Great address from Leo. There was nothing remarkable about what he said, but he done an excellent job of summing up the current mood in the country, on what's a very a poignant day for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Optics.

He's so slimy, I can't stand it. I think he loves this.

Get a grip of yourself ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Powerful, honest and sobering.

It's time people realised that this is only just beginning and we need to pace ourselves through this.

As a grandparent in his 60s, with children in the front line of the medical services, I've never experienced anything like this and, to be perfectly honest, I'm finding it all very sad and quite scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

This is it wrote: »
    It's been posted countless times. ~30% increase a day brings us to that figure

Yes but with the measures put in place you would expect the case numbers to not rise at that rate in a weeks time for example

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

He as good as said fcuk off boards so Beasty may as well shut this thread down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

He did well.

Non FG/FF/SF voter here...Leo and Simon and co. are coming across really well to me as a concerned citizen. I'm also appreciative of the likes of FF and SF and other parties for not trying to politicise this or see a political opportunity in the crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah people are scared and you aren't helping Leo.

What the hell do you want him to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The three boyos, Leo, Harris and Coveney. They’ll go down in history and will be held in high regard for what they’re doing to tackle this and assure the public

• Registered Users Posts: 54,582 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was more to reassure the nation. Lot of loss out there already from this. And, to tell us tfat this is going on well past March 29...very good speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That's a proper leaders speech. Honest, concise, no ego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

GM228 wrote: »
    Have to hand it to him, was a good speech in fairness.

"Not all heroes wear capes" :)

Think he was talking about himself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

****ing hell, boards is the most miserable place in the internet. Just negative post after negative post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Good speech from Leo. Why are some disappointed that there’s “nothing new”?? He’s checking in with the nation on our most culturally significant day. It’s important to keep engaged. Not gonna lie I nearly cried when he described the elderly as “our most precious”.
    He’s doing a good job.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont get why they think whats coming will be so bad. It seems like they are expecting what happened in Italy, but weve already closed schools and most of the population are isolating, how bad could it possibly get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Why did that speech make me so emotional....!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    He referenced Churchill's Battle of Britain speech.

Solid speech.

If there was a General Election after the crisis, he could get a result

Never say never.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

I'm always polite to service people and appreciative of them anyway, but they are especially standing out to me lately. A lot of us can stay at home, some of us have no choice and were made redundant, but the people manning the shops that we need to stay open are Trojans IMO.

That's why I was beyond pissed off earlier tonight to walk into the shop of a local filling station to the scene of 5 scrotes tormenting the cashier. It doesn't matter what happened next, but it got a reaction out of me and is still pissing me off. I encountered the same situation at a garage in the vicinity 2 years ago, but at that time we didn't have a national crisis and global pandemic. Not to excuse the scrotes of 2 years ago, but those of tonight are beyond comprehension.

These vermin are an absolute drain on society at the best of times, and now during the worst of times while we're all banding together, they could not give one fúck and are scumming on as per usual, just making things worse. Where are the parents? I think we all know the answer to that in most cases.

I will be quite content to see a heightened Garda presence in the next while. Otherwise, little fúcks like these will run riot. Waiting for some kind of conscience, common sense or parenting to kick in is pointless.

Its a state of emergency, just shoot the fcukers. We don't have time to be dealing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

ixoy wrote: »
    The people you meet in the City Centre don't necessarily represent all of Ireland though. Give people some credit.

True. But I guess it was just extremely noticable this weekend as to how many people I saw totally ignoring the advice given.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I’m not a LEO fan, but that was, honest l, concise and did not sugar coat it. He was short of saying a complete lockdown, but he is being led by medical experts, led by Dr Tony Holohan. Stop sharing bull**** and listen to the experts. Well done Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Excellent speech.

Cocooning is the new word. Something we all have to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Clearly they envisage this to get alot worse and its only a martter of time before we are looking at a full lockdown please dont leave your house scenario

Im no fan of Leo but he and his colleagues have been impressive in these unprecedented times

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We are gonna wait and see type situation kick the can as we don't know how long this is gonna last, hse agenda to the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I’m not a Leo fan boy but that was an epic speech. True leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

channeling his inner churchill at the end there.
    also, him referring to it as a "global and national emergency".....have the government referred to it as a national emergency before ?

anyway...a good speech that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Well, I'm going to do what the Taoiseach recommended ......... and stepping away from this thread.

And break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Well done Leo, serious stuff.

Feels like we're at war, which I guess we are in a way.

No we are not at war.relax with the drama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

People should be afraid otherwise they won’t conform everyone at this stage should realise how serious it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement