If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on new receiver

• 19-02-2020 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi all, it's been a while! My Yamaha RX V667 is starting to act-up, and I'm thinking of upgrading. My set-up is The RX V667, 6 x Monitor Audio V10's, 1 x V20 and a VW8 Sub (best speakers I've owned, thanks lads) connected up to a Optoma GT1080E short-throw to a 113 inch screen. Probably looking to upgrade the receiver to 4k as i'm considering a 4k projector.....any recommendations ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kingaaa wrote: »
    Hi all, it's been a while! My Yamaha RX V667 is starting to act-up, and I'm thinking of upgrading. My set-up is The RX V667, 6 x Monitor Audio V10's, 1 x V20 and a VW8 Sub (best speakers I've owned, thanks lads) connected up to a Optoma GT1080E short-throw to a 113 inch screen. Probably looking to upgrade the receiver to 4k as i'm considering a 4k projector.....any recommendations ?

Hey Kingaaa.

Thanks for coming back to us :)

Sorry that your 677 is starting to mess around.
    The Monitor Audio Vectra range are a very nice speaker setup.

You could look at the excellent Denon AVRX2600 which is currently priced at £425. I could offer one at £399 to you.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204145-denon-avrx2600-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

If you wanted to stick with Yamaha you could go in at their Adventage range the RXA680 currently retails at £499. I could discount one of these down to £450. This would be a lot of amp for the money!
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know if either of these might be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Thanks Kenny, never had Denon, like the look of it - don't see an input on the back for a sub though?

Thanks Kenny, never had Denon, like the look of it - don't see an input on the back for a sub though?
    Hey Kingaaa.

The AVRX2600 has two sub pre outs located on the back just above the centre and surround right speaker terminals.

The Denon has had some great reviews.
    https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/denon-avr-x2600h

should have went to spec-savers!!!!

should have went to spec-savers!!!!
    :D :D :D

• Advertisement

Kenny, does that price include delivery?

Hey Kingaaa.

Yeah I can offer free shipping for you :)

Hey Kingaaa.

sounds like we have a deal!!!! how do you want to do this?

Hey Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

If you drop me over your contact number in a PM we can give you a quick buzz.

Hey Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

done !!

• Advertisement

Hey Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

done !!
    Cheers Kingaaa.

We will call you ASAP.

Kenny, any idea when delivery will be?... Just want to make sure that somebody is here to accept it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Good choice,
    I bought that same receiver recently and am delighted with it.

it was delivered yesterday Kenny, my neighbour took it in......many thanks !!!!!

it was delivered yesterday Kenny, my neighbour took it in......many thanks !!!!!
    Hi Kingaaa.

Excellent News that it has arrived.

Let me know what you think once you are up and running!

Hi Kingaaa.

Excellent News that it has arrived.

Let me know what you think once you are up and running!
    will do

No worries Kingaaa.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.