If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any deals on Focal speakers coming soon?

• 26-01-2020 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

Guys, 
    I’ll be getting another system for the second living room and am considering Focal Aria 906 as they are front ported and I need to run them on a shelf rather than on the stands. I can see that Aria series is approaching its end of life (perfect time to buy) and Focal have them on sale through a number of their retail partners in France. Depending on the finish they go for 520-590 euros a pair. the shipping is very reasonable and therefore the deal is very tempting.

I was hoping to get another Marantz amp/network player of ye guys and a pair of speakers (906s preferably) and was wondering if one can expect you will have the Focals on sale any time soon? Another PM7000N would be what I would be aiming for but in a package with 906s at their current price is a no go unfortunately.

Thanks.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

walus wrote: »
    Guys, 
    I’ll be getting another system for the second living room and am considering Focal Aria 906 as they are front ported and I need to run them on a shelf rather than on the stands. I can see that Aria series is approaching its end of life (perfect time to buy) and Focal have them on sale through a number of their retail partners in France. Depending on the finish they go for 520-590 euros a pair. the shipping is very reasonable and therefore the deal is very tempting.

I was hoping to get another Marantz amp/network player of ye guys and a pair of speakers (906s preferably) and was wondering if one can expect you will have the Focals on sale any time soon? Another PM7000N would be what I would be aiming for but in a package with 906s at their current price is a no go unfortunately.

Thanks.
    Hi Walus.

Thanks for the post.

To be honest I have no idea when they might drop in price unfortunately.
    We don't usually hold stock of the focal range here at the Belfast store and only order them in as we need them so we wouldn't even have any display stock.

If you can get them for 590 Euro then that is a bargain and maybe to good to pass up. (Not that I want to lose a sale but that is a fantastic deal on them)
    They are still priced at 799 - 999 Euro depending on finish with ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Kenny, 
    Taking another angle on this. Considering the NR1200 what deal could you do with KEF Q350 or B&W 606?
    Thanks, 

Kenny, 
    Taking another angle on this. Considering the NR1200 what deal could you do with KEF Q350 or B&W 606?
    Thanks, 
    Hey Walus.

For the NR1200 and brand new Q350 I could offer at £870.00 delivered
    I have a mail order return pair of Q350 that were to large for a customer - In 100% condition. I could offer these with the NR1200 for £830 delivered.

For the NR1200 with the 606 I could offer at £915 Delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny,

Thanks very much for the pricing. How much would the NR1200 come in at on its own? 

Kenny,

Thanks very much for the pricing. How much would the NR1200 come in at on its own? 
    Hey Walus.

I could offer the NR1200 by itself for £410 delivered.

• Advertisement

Kenny,

Hey Walus.

Thanks Kenny. I'll get the NR1200 and possibly some speakers too in a couple of weeks. Need to finish the room first.

Kenny,

Hey Walus.

Thanks Kenny. I'll get the NR1200 and possibly some speakers too in a couple of weeks. Need to finish the room first.
    Hey Walus.

No problem at all.

Drop us a post or PM when your ready.

It looks like I’ll be pulling a trigger early in March for the secondary set. The NR1200 seems like a decent receiver although I might consider the PM6006 and NA6006 combo as an alternative. As for the speakers B&W 606 or Klipsch RP600m should be easy to drive. Do the Klipsch come in piano black too? What is the best price you can do them for? How do they compare with 606s? Did not get a chance to listen to them yet. Thanks. 

It looks like I’ll be pulling a trigger early in March for the secondary set. The NR1200 seems like a decent receiver although I might consider the PM6006 and NA6006 combo as an alternative. As for the speakers B&W 606 or Klipsch RP600m should be easy to drive. Do the Klipsch come in piano black too? What is the best price you can do them for? How do they compare with 606s? Did not get a chance to listen to them yet. Thanks. 
    Hi Walus.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the RP6000m speakers myself either. They are a special order product and not ones that we hold in stock.
    I would say they sound much better than the 606's as they are twice the price and floorstanding.
    They also have a 2nd bass driver.

They are available in either Walnut or Ebony. 
    No Piano Black I'm afraid.
    I could offer a pair of the Klipschs at £1050 delivered.

The B&W 603 would be in the same bracket as the RP6000m.
    These retail at £1249. I could offer a pair of these at £1149 delivered.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204437-bowers-wilkins-603-black-speaker-per-pair.aspx

If you wanted a monster deal I could offer a pair of the Fyne Audio F501 - Piano Black - for just £1080 delivered. They retail at £1299.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13669-fyne-audio-f501-piano-black-gloss-6-year-g-tee-speakers-per-pair.aspx

If you went for bookshelf speakers I could also offer a great deal on the Fyne Audio F500 at £559. Retail at £669
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13813-fyne-audio-f500-piano-black-lacquer-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Hi Walus.

Unfortunately I haven't heard the RP6000m speakers myself either. They are a special order product and not ones that we hold in stock.
    I would say they sound much better than the 606's as they are twice the price and floorstanding.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204437-bowers-wilkins-603-black-speaker-per-pair.aspx

If you wanted a monster deal I could offer a pair of the Fyne Audio F501 - Piano Black - for just £1080 delivered. They retail at £1299.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13669-fyne-audio-f501-piano-black-gloss-6-year-g-tee-speakers-per-pair.aspx

If you went for bookshelf speakers I could also offer a great deal on the Fyne Audio F500 at £559. Retail at £669
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13813-fyne-audio-f500-piano-black-lacquer-speakers-per-pair.aspx

I was rather thinking of these: https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/standmount-speakers/klipsch-rp-600m-ebony.html

Seem like a good budget speakers similar to the 606s.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Walus.

I was rather thinking of these: https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/standmount-speakers/klipsch-rp-600m-ebony.html

Seem like a good budget speakers similar to the 606s.
    Thanks
    Hi walus,

The Klipsch speakers are very good speakers as well. They are special orders for us so we need to get them direct from the supplier but we can certainly source them for you.

For me the B&W or the Fynes would be the ones to go for though as I prefer the tone and the vocal reproduction.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Looking back at the NR1200 unit vs PM6006+ND6006 and PM7000n (which I own already). Are there any indications that the NR1200 may struggle with low impedance speakers (i.e. KEF R's - 3.2 Ohm minimum)? Would there be a merit in moving onto the PM+ND combo? The NR1200 seems like it has a decent amp section, although the 4 Ohm rating is not provided.

What best price could you do the PM6006+ND6006 combo and PM7000n? I really like the PM7000n but I struggle to justify getting another one for a secondary system (unless you can do a great deal, open box, demo unit etc.)
    Thanks.

Looking back at the NR1200 unit vs PM6006+ND6006 and PM7000n (which I own already). Are there any indications that the NR1200 may struggle with low impedance speakers (i.e. KEF R's - 3.2 Ohm minimum)? Would there be a merit in moving onto the PM+ND combo? The NR1200 seems like it has a decent amp section, although the 4 Ohm rating is not provided.

What best price could you do the PM6006+ND6006 combo and PM7000n? I really like the PM7000n but I struggle to justify getting another one for a secondary system (unless you can do a great deal, open box, demo unit etc.)
    Thanks.
    Hey Walus.

On another PM7000. I wouldn't have any open box or ex-display models but I could offer you a one off deal at £840 as you have already purchased one of them.

If you went for the PM6006 and the NA6006 I could offer them for £694

The amplification of the 7000 is slightly higher than the 6006 @ 60watts per channel.
    The 7000 also has the better frequency response at 5-100,000 Hz.

Hey Walus.

On another PM7000. I wouldn't have any open box or ex-display models but I could offer you a one off deal at £840 as you have already purchased one of them.

The amplification of the 7000 is slightly higher than the 6006 @ 60watts per channel.

Thanks Kenny. That is a very generous offer. I’ll go ahead with the PM7000N in silver/gold this time and extended warranty too. I’m travelling in the morning so please give me a call after 1.30pm to sort out the payment. Thank you.

Hey Walus.

Thanks Kenny. That is a very generous offer. I’ll go ahead with the PM7000N in silver/gold this time and extended warranty too. I’m travelling in the morning so please give me a call after 1.30pm to sort out the payment. Thank you.
    Hey Walus.

No problem at all :)

The PM7000N in the Silver/Gold finish will be a special order as its not a finish we hold in stock.
    This may take 7-10 days to arrive into our warehouse.

We'll drop you a little call just after 1:30pm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.