Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gentlemen (Guy Ritchie)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

saw this last night. honestly thought it was brilliant. hugh grant played the role brilliantly :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

I really enjoyed this, a great old yarn, easy watching

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I thought it was brilliant despite Charlie Hunnam's best effort of ruining it I'd go as far to say it only fell just short of snatch (Which is one of my favorite films). Hugh Grant is the highlight (And you can just sense how much fun he had filming it) and it's nice to see a scene stealing Colin Farrell.
    If I had one criticism I wish I hadn't seen the "Heist" Rick and Morty episode that lampooned the constant Twist/Double crosses as it verged ever so slightly that way towards the end.
    however, a solid solid film for Guy Richie who needed the win I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it. I love Snatch, so had fairly high expectations for this. At first I wasn't a fan of how the plot was showcased (Hugh Grants' character detailing the main players and story-line), but after a while I really got into it - it was quite clever in how it was delivered.

Imo it's not as good as snatch (which was more fast paced), but it is up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Saw this tonight, what a show. Great entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I enjoyed it I must say.
    Tiny bit confusing at the very start as you are being told a lot of info. However easy to pick up after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Brilliant film

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Spacebar, yeah!

I thought Farrell was deadly in it! :D Good return to form from Ritchie imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I guess I'm in the minority in saying I really didn't like it. Felt that it had none of the style or substance of lock stock or snatch. And the story became a pretty unraveled twist / counter twist fest by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Enjoyed this and kept me interested the whole way through.

Well worth a watch

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Great movie, would love to see it again. Is it on Netflix or anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Watched tonight. Loved it. Hugh Grant was outstanding. The Farrell wasn't bad neither ya cant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Watched this last night and I agree with most that Hugh Grant was fantastic in this. Really enjoyed it and would definitely enjoy a re-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Best film I've seen in a long time. Sick of Hollywood super heroes. Absolutely loved it. Is mm the coolest man in the world. After this I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

'ya couldn't lift a wheel of cheese ya ****'

Great film, really enjoyed it. Particularly liked Grant in an unfamiliar role.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Haven't watched it yet, downloading as we speak, I am not ashamed to admit I am a fan of pretty much every Richie movie I have seen. Maybe I just managed to avoid the clangers? I wouldn't be a huge fan of Jax Teller but he wouldn't stop me checking something out either once it was an ensemble piece like this seems to be.

Fun, that's pretty much what I think of when I think of Guy Richie films so hopefully this one will fall into that category for me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Haven't watched it yet, downloading as we speak, I am not ashamed to admit I am a fan of pretty much every Richie movie I have seen. Maybe I just managed to avoid the clangers? I wouldn't be a huge fan of Jax Teller but he wouldn't stop me checking something out either once it was an ensemble piece like this seems to be.

Fun, that's pretty much what I think of when I think of Guy Richie films so hopefully this one will fall into that category for me.

have you watched "King Arthur - Legend of the Sword" ?

have to say that I thought that was absolute muck.

5/10. Very forced storyline and dialogue with everything being too perfect and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Can someone find a copy of the script and do a word count for “cu*t”
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement