Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-01-2020, 23:30   #106
pablo128

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder View Post
That brings back some memories ! My dad had one too, it was my job to spray the easy start into the air filter in the mornings.... Luckily We lived but a short push to the top of a big hill, even so I remember my uncle who had borrowed it only barely got it started by the bottom. The same yoke, when bought second hand from Archers in Stillorgan, had had the vinyl seats shone up with son of a gun and boy did they look great. First corner and the 'oul lad and myself slid off the seats. Another day He had 2 heavy pallet loads in the back and had to brake hard, pallets slid forward and hit the seat, He drove home with the steering wheel bet into his chest ! Great memories !!
Oh Jesus I can still smell the easy start 30 years on! That was my job aswell!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-01-2020, 04:09   #107
ArielAtom

I had given the OP the benefit of the doubt, but he was online posting in the weather forum on 13-01. So a simple visit here would have been easy. Pity, this had the potential of a great thread.
Thanks from:
15-01-2020, 09:04   #108
alfa beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtony View Post

If I had to guess I'd say the op is uncomfortable just going out and taking pictures of the car in his mother's shed as it's possible an inheritance issue with the passing of his father.

Sorry folks. I've just read through the thread and now I feel like a right prat.

Thing is, iamtony above is close to the truth. I'm not the owner of the stuff in the shed (incl the cars) and the rightful owner (my mother) has sorta said 'no' as regards taking pics and posting them here. It's probably nothing more than a distrust of the dreaded interweb on her part and, to be fair, I've spent the past few weeks trying a softly softly approach but unfortunately I haven't got anywhere.

Thanks again to everyone who offered advice/views regarding the VRT/registration status of the 504 and where to start in that regard. I really appreciate that. I will get pics up here when I can, as I'd love to share them with people like yourselves who would genuinely be interested. I just need to convince herself that putting a few pics online doesn't automatically mean she will then be instantly broken into and all her worldly possessions will be stolen by a bunch of lunatic hooded boardsies.

Sorry again - I should have posted sooner.
15-01-2020, 09:35   #109
Isambard

welcome back.

at the back of my mind I recall stories of people keeping tabs on a desired stored cars for years only to call one day and find they all been cleared out and gone. All you can do is impress on her that the vehicles have a value above her expectations and well above what a local scrappie might tell her
(4) thanks from:
15-01-2020, 11:44   #110
jonski

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa beta View Post
the rightful owner (my mother) has sorta said 'no' as regards taking pics and posting them here. It's probably nothing more than a distrust of the dreaded interweb on her part and, to be fair, I've spent the past few weeks trying a softly softly approach but unfortunately I haven't got anywhere.

How would she know ? does she have an account on here ?

Throw up some pics , we won't tell a soul, promise .
Advertisement
15-01-2020, 12:07   #111
Leo Demidov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonski
How would she know ? does she have an account on here ?

Fictional car. Fictional mother with notions. Well played Mr Mitty.
15-01-2020, 14:26   #112
KB22

2.4 York Engined Transit.

I had a 1986 tranny with the single glow plug, it had a pump in the cab to inject easy start, I never used the easy start because of the danger of engine damage. In cold weather I used a blowlamp under the sump, then went and had my brekkie. I eventually solved the problem by fitting a second battery. They were a great engine unlike the rustbucket of a body.
15-01-2020, 14:31   #113
Isambard

random
15-01-2020, 14:58   #114
KB22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
random
Who are you replying to? Could you give a more detailed response!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-01-2020, 15:39   #115
Augeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
random
I mentioned the York engine a few post back
Interesting post by KB22.
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 00:18   #116
alfa beta

Hi again

I uncovered the car to the extent that I could earlier this evening - it's jammed up against a wall at one side, a boat to the front and a rusty old volkswagen variant to the other side so unfortunately its very innaccessible at the moment.

I did take a pic of the back - the paintwork and chrome look like they need no more than a good polish. (Unfortunately there's no light in the shed and the flash on the phone is not very complimentary)

I also managed to open the rear door just enough to squeeze my hand in and take a rather random pic of the interior (again the flash is not at all flattering). The leather looks like it needs a good clean but nothing more. (The door opened and shut very smoothly, so I guess that's a good sign as regards rubber seals etc!)

Anyway, here are the pics I managed. If I get more time on my hands and even the possibility of moving the car out from its current position I'll try and post something better.

(243) thanks from:
11wingnut, 68 lost souls, Acquiescence, Addle, aFlabbyPanda, Agent Coulson, aidanathome, aidyhawse, Alkers, allen175, Alun, amber69, AmberGold, AndyBoBandy, Anne_cordelia, ARGINITE, ArielAtom, Augeo, Base price, bennyineire, Berty, Better Than Christ, Big Ears, Big Nasty, Bigus, blastman, blingrhino, blue5000, Boards.ie, Bogwoppit, BonnieSituation, Borzoi, Brasso, Brian Scan, BrianJD, BrownFinger, Buford T. Justice VI, cadaliac, Cali_girl, Can I come too..., carloscorreia, Cessna_Pilot, CharlieCroker, charlietheminxx, Cheshire Cat, Chinese whospers, Ciano35, ciaran76, cillchainnigh, Ckit1, clintondaly, coach22, Collibosher, colm_mcm, contrary_devil, CPTM, CrabRevolution, crosstownk, Cul a cnoic, cute geoge, cutymonalisa, Cyclonius, Dades, dakar, Damien360, Dardania, darraghwex, dastardly00, DaveCol, db, DelBoy Trotter, DesperateDan, dingding, DJIMI TRARORE, dmc17, drinkingwater, Duke O Smiley, dulpit, E30i, E36Ross, eljono, ELM327, emeldc, enrique66_35, Fahy90, FAILSAFE 00, farna_boy, frash, Fritzbox, fryup, funkey_monkey, galwaytt, gammygils, geminiman63, gledge, gman2k, gordongekko, Gremlinertia, guil, GustavoFring, GVHOT, Hector Savage, heffo500, hi5, HildaOgdenx, hots, humberklog, iamtony, illdoit2morrow, Interslice, IrishPlayer, IrishZeus, ITV2, J.R., jacool, Jade182, James Bond Junior, Jeff2, jhegarty, jim o doom, JJJJNR, joeysoap, John Hutton, Johnboy1951, J_E, kaizersoze, kc66, Kenjataimu, kenmm, kev1.3s, kyote00, Lady Haywire, Lazybones, LillySV, LollipopJimmy, longgonesilver, Lord Nikon, loyatemu, Luckycharms_74, Lurching, M5, Mac-Chops, macplaxton, maebee, Mam of 4, markc1184, MarkR, marty whelan, meercat, Meteorite58, Metric Tensor, Midnight_EG, Mike Litoris, Minister Boyce, monkeysnapper, mooman, MrCostington, Muahahaha, Muppet Man, Murt102, New Home, NewbridgeIR, noelf, o1s1n, Odelay, Odyssey 2005, pablo128, Paddy_man, phill106, phunkadelic, Pops_20, Postdriver, Posy, Quackster, quickbeam, rainbowtrout, ratracer, road_high, RobertFoster, ronoc, Rulmeq, Ryath, Samuel T. Cogley, sarah88, scotchy, shanec1928, Shorty69664, Silverfish, Sir Galahad, Sir Oxman, Skerries, Sleepy, sligojoek, Smallglass, SmallTeapot, SmartinMartin, SnakePlissken, solerina, StabiloBoss, Standard Toaster, Star Lord, STB., SteelyDanJalapeno, Stroke Politics, sugarman, SuperS54, Sweetest Perfection, tabby aspreme, Tacitus Kilgore, tanko, tc20, tedpan, Tenshot, The Red Ace, The Royal Scam, Tiercel Dave, TiGeR KiNgS, Timooo_23, Titzon Toast, tom_k, Tow, Toyotafanboi, tvc15, tvercetti, Type 17, Tyson Lannister, Ubbquittious, unkel, veetwin, VG31, vickers209, Vico1612, vincenzolorenzo, Vowel Movement, W123-80's, WAPAIC, Westernyelp, WestWicklow1, Wibbs, wowy, wyrn, Yawlboy, zilog_jones
25-01-2020, 00:28   #117
swarlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa beta View Post
Hi again

I uncovered the car to the extent that I could earlier this evening - it's jammed up against a wall at one side, a boat to the front and a rusty old volkswagen variant to the other side so unfortunately its very innaccessible at the moment.

I did take a pic of the back - the paintwork and chrome look like they need no more than a good polish. (Unfortunately there's no light in the shed and the flash on the phone is not very complimentary)

I also managed to open the rear door just enough to squeeze my hand in and take a rather random pic of the interior (again the flash is not at all flattering). The leather looks like it needs a good clean but nothing more. (The door opened and shut very smoothly, so I guess that's a good sign as regards rubber seals etc!)

Anyway, here are the pics I managed. If I get more time on my hands and even the possibility of moving the car out from its current position I'll try and post something better.

Snazzy.... but to be honest I'd prefer the Variant
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 00:34   #118
BonnieSituation

That's in scarily good nick. Would actually be a shame to see it out driving.

Maybe Gowan or even Peugeot might be interested in it considering it is legitimately a new car.
(6) thanks from:
25-01-2020, 00:42   #119
road_high

I love those old Peugeot’s. They were serious war horses at the time. Especially the diesels. A marque I really love and great to see them back on top again and well in the top ten in Ireland. Any Peugeot dealer or Peugeot Ireland would love that. My local dealer has a few heritage ones including 205 Gti they use
25-01-2020, 00:44   #120
road_high

I love those old Peugeot’s. They were serious war horses at the time. You can see the high quality of the paintwork and interior in the pics. Much better than the crap BL were flogging at that time. Especially the diesels.
A marque I really love and great to see them back on top again and well in the top ten in Ireland. Any Peugeot dealer or Peugeot Ireland would love that. My local dealer has a few heritage ones including 205 Gti they use
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion