Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-12-2019, 10:51   #91
S.M.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Apparently Karishnas idol play was the first time a woman has played an idol properly instead of wasting it or going home with it in their pocket since Kelley Wentworth on Cambodia (Season 31)!
You could argue that Kellee giving hers to Dean was not a waste but

a) giving to someone else to play it correctly does not count
b) even if it does count, giving it to Dean was a just as much a waste as it blew up her game
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 21:25   #92
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Ok am I reading it right that Noura was playing up her need to improve her elementary school understanding of mathematics in a ploy to get Dean and co to not throw all their votes on Tommy?Or more so was it a deep distrust of Noura based on her abject confusion re the vote and newly pledged loyalty to the 3 outsiders.

TBH if Dean blew open their intention to vote out Tommy based on impulse it screwed up a chance to mix the game up as Tommy would likely have gone with the 2 votes on Elaine ( HII played ) and Karishma.

Or perhaps I'm talking utter raimeis and I missed the undercurrent from the get go that all in sundry were intent on putting lonely Karishma out of her misery.
05-12-2019, 21:27   #93
Grats

What channel is it on?
05-12-2019, 21:37   #94
Mr E
Administrator

It's on in the States, Grats. The only way to watch here is to stream or download (but we can't talk about that)
05-12-2019, 21:39   #95
Grats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
It's on in the States, Grats. The only way to watch here is to stream or download (but we can't talk about that)

Ah, I just wondered had I been missing it on TG4. Thanks for reply.
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 23:19   #96
Mean Laqueefa

Im starting to dislike survivor, i still have love and will watch but that tribal was pony ! Ive always hated the whispering but last night was brutal, Jeff should have told to them to STFU.

Ive really no idea why Rob or sandra are there randomly, and if they have some sway in bringing someone back or some crap like that, lads thats not survivor

Spoiler: Karishma Spoiler: Gone good she was crap in every ascpet of the game exception of someone playing an idol correctly.

Its all abit crap these days, the Australian version is far superior if you loved old style survivor, don't get me wrong i love it but theirs something i don't or cant put my finger on.
06-12-2019, 00:50   #97
S.M.B.

Dean is the worst.
(2) thanks from:
06-12-2019, 14:22   #98
Foxtrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M.B. View Post
Dean is the worst.
He is playing a terrible game in nearly every area. I understand he has been on the bottom for a long time and your mindset becomes focused on just making it through the next vote but he seems to be playing as if his goal is a 4th-6th place finish.

Noura is a complete wildcard and hard to trust but given the fact she hadn't spilled the beans up to that point then you have to take your shot at the power alliance, as you're unlikely to get another opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if his pure vanity got the better of him and he didn't want to be seen to be associated with the 'Goat Army' and would prefer to take the longer shot that Tommy will appreciate his honesty and drag him to the end.
06-12-2019, 16:29   #99
seligehgit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
He is playing a terrible game in nearly every area. I understand he has been on the bottom for a long time and your mindset becomes focused on just making it through the next vote but he seems to be playing as if his goal is a 4th-6th place finish.

Noura is a complete wildcard and hard to trust but given the fact she hadn't spilled the beans up to that point then you have to take your shot at the power alliance, as you're unlikely to get another opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if his pure vanity got the better of him and he didn't want to be seen to be associated with the 'Goat Army' and would prefer to take the longer shot that Tommy will appreciate his honesty and drag him to the end.
Indeed what an illogical move when he could have made a self beneficial game changing call.
Advertisement
12-12-2019, 12:17   #100
Agent Coulson

Holy crap.
(2) thanks from:
12-12-2019, 14:27   #101
Foxtrol

Bit harsh on Elaine, completely overshadowing her exit but I understand why they stuck it in at the end of this episode rather than it taking all the focus from the finale.

Presume there is some sort of lawsuit going on that they are refusing to say what Dan did (again) and they're also pretaping the finale, which might be to ensure no one says anything they shouldn't.

Really tainted the whole season of survivor. They're lucky what the next season is as it will be hard for long term fans to be turned off by it.
Thanks from:
12-12-2019, 14:57   #102
seligehgit

Really disappointed for Elaine, she was very likeable character.

Interesting he was removed for behaviour not related to another player but off camera.

His exit scuppers any plans for an all male final three.
12-12-2019, 16:59   #103
Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm disappointed he wasn't removed earlier - been a fan of the show since the beginning (nearly 20 years ago), and I just wonder how exactly he was allowed to continue on after Kellie made her accusations early on... Obviously Missie and Elisabeth's antics blurred the lines a bit, and it was edited to seem that all contestants were happy that Dan continue on in the game following the Tribal Council it all came to a head, but it never really sat right with me. It was clear from the footage earlier in the season that he continued to be inappropriate towards Kellie after she had asked him to give her her space, and maybe production didn't see the whole picture until they were editing all the footage together, there are hundreds of hours of film after all, but given all the hot water CBS has been in over the past year in regards to sexual misconduct and how it's been handled in general, I'm somewhat reluctant to give production the benefit of doubt here.

This season has been completely tainted, and I hope people like Kellie, Dean, Elaine, and Jamal will be given a chance to play again, because they've proven themselves to be great players and deserve to be given another shot away from this mess. It will be interesting to see how everything is addressed in the Reunion show, as I'd like some indication from Probst (as he's the face of production, not that I think all decisions made are entirely down to him) that they're aware of the mistakes they made here and that moving forward things will be handled better. I agree with Foxtrol that it's lucky for Survivor that next season is an All Star one.
(2) thanks from:
12-12-2019, 19:26   #104
Foxtrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Also Starring LeVar Burton View Post
I'm disappointed he wasn't removed earlier - been a fan of the show since the beginning (nearly 20 years ago), and I just wonder how exactly he was allowed to continue on after Kellie made her accusations early on... Obviously Missie and Elisabeth's antics blurred the lines a bit, and it was edited to seem that all contestants were happy that Dan continue on in the game following the Tribal Council it all came to a head, but it never really sat right with me. It was clear from the footage earlier in the season that he continued to be inappropriate towards Kellie after she had asked him to give her her space, and maybe production didn't see the whole picture until they were editing all the footage together, there are hundreds of hours of film after all, but given all the hot water CBS has been in over the past year in regards to sexual misconduct and how it's been handled in general, I'm somewhat reluctant to give production the benefit of doubt here.

This season has been completely tainted, and I hope people like Kellie, Dean, Elaine, and Jamal will be given a chance to play again, because they've proven themselves to be great players and deserve to be given another shot away from this mess. It will be interesting to see how everything is addressed in the Reunion show, as I'd like some indication from Probst (as he's the face of production, not that I think all decisions made are entirely down to him) that they're aware of the mistakes they made here and that moving forward things will be handled better. I agree with Foxtrol that it's lucky for Survivor that next season is an All Star one.
Apparently the finale will be taped this time. Surely that is to have the lawyers and PR to go through every sentence to ensure they don't make things worse.

I don't think production handled it as well as they should have but they are in a difficult spot.

We've seen this season alone how players, women in this case, had no problems with crossing a line and using claims for game play. Can you kick someone out based on one person's claim?

The game in the past has also been ok with using inappropriate 'antics' purposely to unsettle other players, is it ok now to kick someone out based on someone being uncomfortable based on a lot less?

In a game where you're forced to live in close proximity due to shelter from rain and warmth, can you kick someone off for contact that many others are doing?

I don't think people saying 'you should believe' or 'they should have kicked him out straight away' have really thought it through.
12-12-2019, 22:45   #105
kingtut

Send a message via MSN to kingtut
Multiple sources indicating that he touched a female producers leg while getting into a transport boat after an immunity challenge. Also Dan has been un-invited from the finale.

One source:
https://people.com/tv/survivor-conte...val-from-show/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion