Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-11-2019, 13:21   #4636
km79

Cluxton will follow

Insert “so you are telling me there is a chance “ gif
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-11-2019, 14:03   #4637
blinding
Banned

All the advantages Dublin now have make the whole thing a farce . Even Gavin could not continue with that sham .
30-11-2019, 14:45   #4638
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Juicy contest in prospect tonight as Westport take on Claremorris in the under 21 final tonight at 19.00.

Can't make it myself.
30-11-2019, 18:58   #4639
charlie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by km79 View Post
Cluxton will follow

Insert “so you are telling me there is a chance “ gif

From your lips to God`s ears.
Thanks from:
30-11-2019, 19:07   #4640
charlie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by seligehgit View Post
Very very surprised.

A bit surprised, but not overly.
Declan Darcy gave quite a few interviews this year where it was made clear he was Galvin`s right hand. Thought it unusual in that Galvin has always hated anyone within the camp, players or backroom giving interviews, so I imagine it was with Galvin`s approval.
Dessie Farrell would be the favourite I imagine, but if Galvin was to put his weight behind Darcy on the basis of continuity then who knows.
Advertisement
30-11-2019, 19:20   #4641
RedDevil55

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie14 View Post
Declan Darcy gave quite a few interviews this year where it was made clear he was Galvin`s right hand. Thought it unusual in that Galvin has always hated anyone within the camp, players or backroom giving interviews, so I imagine it was with Galvin`s approval.
Dessie Farrell would be the favourite I imagine, but if Galvin was to put his weight behind Darcy on the basis of continuity then who knows.
I heard Gavin on the radio news yesterday talking about needing a licence from the IAA if people are buying drones for Christmas. I thought it unusual at the time since he rarely speaks publicly on anything. It's very late in the day to be changing managers even if they do have someone lined up already.
30-11-2019, 19:43   #4642
charlie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil55 View Post
I heard Gavin on the radio news yesterday talking about needing a licence from the IAA if people are buying drones for Christmas. I thought it unusual at the time since he rarely speaks publicly on anything. It's very late in the day to be changing managers even if they do have someone lined up already.

He is top tier in the IAA so highlighting the problems and requirement on drones would be within his remit so that interview would not surprise me, but it is not the pressure in the day job that is the reason for him going. Imagine he has had this planned for some time.

I know a bit about him from my own job and he is not someone who makes rash decisions.
With the league just around the corner short notice alright, but then he is so meticulous in all aspects it would not surprise me that if he is backing Darcy, he would see it as an advantage to Darcy with it being a handover giving continuity.
Thanks from:
30-11-2019, 20:22   #4643
ProudDUB

I've heard him talking about drones in interviews before. It's not the first time he's done it. So don't think it's all that relevant.
(2) thanks from:
30-11-2019, 23:35   #4644
Carol25

Jim Gavin was a super manager, he gave nothing away, ran a tight ship and played the in form players when needed. No one was too big to be dropped.
Mayo have gone through their fair share of managers during his reign...and am so tired of seeing internal County board drama in the news. Another concern...Mayo’s clubs aren’t progressing very far at national level in the club championship. Are these clubs capable of providing the county team with top players for future competitions...I think Mayo need to start looking forward and stop living in the past.
Advertisement
01-12-2019, 00:09   #4645
seligehgit

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie14 View Post
100% charlie14.

I pmed a much missed Dublin poster and am of the same opinion.

I think Darcy is most likely Gavin's anointed successor admittedly based on a very limited knowledge of the ins and outs of the Dublin setup.

He appears the person most likely to continue the process.

Anyway I'm not discussing such matters any further on the Mayo thread!
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2019, 01:26   #4646
RedDevil55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol25 View Post
Jim Gavin was a super manager, he gave nothing away, ran a tight ship and played the in form players when needed. No one was too big to be dropped.
Mayo have gone through their fair share of managers during his reign...and am so tired of seeing internal County board drama in the news. Another concern...Mayo’s clubs aren’t progressing very far at national level in the club championship. Are these clubs capable of providing the county team with top players for future competitions...I think Mayo need to start looking forward and stop living in the past.
In what way are mayo living in the past?

I'm not saying our clubs can't do better but they've been losing to Corofin at the end of the day. The same as every other county champions.
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2019, 12:03   #4647
muddle84

Quote:
I think there are 7 gone from the 2019 panel. Schlingermann, Cafferkey, Crowe, Drake, Regan, Diskin and Andy. 9 or 10 newbies have been called up so far.

Are any players carrying an injury into the new season, apart from Jason Doherty?
Is Regan officially gone? I hadn't heard he was gone gone
01-12-2019, 12:07   #4648
charlie14

Quote:
In what way are mayo living in the past?

I'm not saying our clubs can't do better but they've been losing to Corofin at the end of the day. The same as every other county champions.

I would have looked on a county`s senior club doing well nationally as more a hindrance than a help to county teams in that their players were unavailable for practically all of the national league under the old St. Patrick`s day format.

At least bringing the All Ireland club finals forward should help in that regard.
01-12-2019, 12:50   #4649
wirelessdude01

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddle84 View Post
Is Regan officially gone? I hadn't heard he was gone gone
He is gone as a player. He is now officially the team nutritional advisor.
(2) thanks from:
01-12-2019, 14:58   #4650
Coillte_Bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgeo View Post
in a interview he said he walked. no chance of getting ahead of Clarke or Robbie.

wanted to get back playing soccer but was caught as he is working in allergan. think he signed for castlebar celtic.
https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/mi...germann-927721

Quote:
However, in early November it was announced that he was dropped from the Mayo panel.

Schlingermann had started the win over the Underdogs in MacHale Park back in late October and he was looking forward to showing what he could do in 2020 for the green and red.

“I was looking forward to making a push and playing a game or two in next year's campaign but unfortunately it didn’t work out that way for now”.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion