Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »

Thanks, about the price it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

TitianGerm wrote: »

Seen that on HotUKDeals. I don't consider that a bargain, it's reduced by £2. The same way I don't consider Currys PC World reducing a few games to £37 a bargain either. If ye do, they've also got Link's Awakening, Super Mario Maker 2, MK8D, Pokémon Shield and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

sligeach wrote: »
    Seen that on HotUKDeals. I don't consider that a bargain, it's reduced by £2. The same way I don't consider Currys PC World reducing a few games to £37 a bargain either. If ye do, they've also got Link's Awakening, Super Mario Maker 2, MK8D, Pokn Shield and others.

about €45/6 for Luigi is a good price considering its a month old. It was £43

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    Seen that on HotUKDeals. I don't consider that a bargain, it's reduced by £2. The same way I don't consider Currys PC World reducing a few games to £37 a bargain either. If ye do, they've also got Link's Awakening, Super Mario Maker 2, MK8D, Pokémon Shield and others.

It's €55 in Smyths and Argos and €60 in GameStop. So it's €11.60 cheaper than anywhere in Ireland. That is over 20% cheaper than the cheapest here.

Gave you played the game? What do you feel it's worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sweetie wrote: »
    about €45/6 for Luigi is a good price considering its a month old. It was £43

Yep, it's 55 Smyths , 60 GameStop (euro).

The last great Switch game bargain was the Amazon Germany 5 for 150 euro ... Been a drought since :)

I'd say next year will be different when the next gen consoles come out.

But maybe Cyber Monday will have some surprises ...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Nintendo switch grey new version and pokemon sword down to 279 on amazon uk

conormario wrote: »
    Yep, it's 55 Smyths , 60 GameStop (euro).

The last great Switch game bargain was the Amazon Germany 5 for 150 euro ... Been a drought since :)

I'd say next year will be different when the next gen consoles come out.

But maybe Cyber Monday will have some surprises ...:)

I'm glad that offer hasn't popped up again. I'd be broke for another week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

Switch Lite (Grey) with Minecraft and either Pokemon Sword or Shield for £209 at Very.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Mortal Kombat 11 for €21 and Wargroove for €25 in Argos earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Suckit wrote: »
    Nintendo Switch Light Up Dock Shield by PDP - $16.40 delivered (€14.80) from amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073X4RF9Q
    Also on sale on UK for €21 delivered.

Also on amazon.com you can get the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Party and Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze (Switch Digital Code) for €36.30each. To purchase you need an American billing address on the account. You can only pay by credit card.
    In order to buy it, you need to change your Amazon account to US country settings in Manage Your Content and Devices. Then settings in country / region settings.
    To redeem the code you need a US profile on the switch.
    Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WLLHXC9?tag=1
    Super Mario Party - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DM7HZ9M?tag=1
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropic Freeze - https://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Kong-Country-Nintendo-Digital/dp/B07CK2ZGQB/

Snipperclips is €9.10 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9YMLHP?tag=1

Unravel Two is €4.53 on US eShop https://eshop-prices.com/games/2240-unravel-two?currency=EUR

Awesome thanks. Used Revolut card and got BOTW with no issues. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi,

Does anyone know if eglobalcentral.eu are reputable and would there be any warranty issues if going with them? Switch is only 291 with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gandalfio wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if eglobalcentral.eu are reputable and would there be any warranty issues if going with them? Switch is only 291 with free delivery.

They're reputable, but all the stock is from Asia so you will have no warranty.

They're reputable, but all the stock is from Asia so you will have no warranty.

Thanks. Littlewodds are next best at 305 so will go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So what did everyone get in the BF sales?

I got Unravel 2 ($4.99) and Hyperlight Drifter ($11.99) in the US shop.
    I got City of Brass and OlliOlli Switch Stance for about €4.65 each in the South African store.

Might get Killer Queen Black too before the price goes up.

Mr E wrote: »

I got Unravel 2 ($4.99) and Hyperlight Drifter ($11.99) in the US shop.
    I got City of Brass and OlliOlli Switch Stance for about €4.65 each in the South African store.

Might get Killer Queen Black too before the price goes up.

I wanted Dead Cells but it didn't get reduced here (or Russia or SA) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks. Littlewodds are next best at 305 so will go with them.

Perhaps avoid Littlewoods if you can

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111898576&postcount=1442

Saying that though, I got a TV off them about 3 years ago with no issues, but buyer beware it seems.

Mr E wrote: »

- Castlevania Collection - €9.99
    - Contra Collection - €9.99
    - Sine Mora Ex (on Amazon) - €9.76 (I get VAT taken off all my Amazon orders)

Happy enough with that. I still have Zelda to play over Xmas so don't want to build up backlog with big games. The games I bought above are nice pop in/out for short sessions between bouts of Zelda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just Shantae but Unravel 2 is tempting at that price.

mrcheez wrote: »

Saying that though, I got a TV off them about 3 years ago with no issues, but buyer beware it seems.

Cheers for the advice. Money has come out of account, have a delivery date and tracking number. Should be ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mrcheez wrote: »

That poster has been sticking that all over Boards.
    He's not a spammer but that many copied and pasted posts he's cutting it fine

• Advertisement

Cheers for the advice. Money has come out of account, have a delivery date and tracking number. Should be ok.

You hopefully should be fine. Like I said I had no problem with them for a full 55" TV, so if I was willing to trust them with something that size then they can't be all bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch Online 12 Month (365 Day) Membership Switch - €16.49

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/nintendo-switch-online-12-month-365-day-membership-switch-cd-key

You don't even need to commit to a year. You can buy a 3 months subscription(it's reduced by 50%) which x4 works out the same as an annual subscription.

Nintendo Switch Online 3 Month (90 Day) Membership Switch (EU) - €4.09

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/nintendo-switch-online-3-month-90-day-membership-switch-cd-key

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone know if there's been any decent sale on the 3DS eshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looked this morning out of curiosity & it was terrible tbh. Gamestop are selling some of the newer games for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Seems to he a cracking sale on the US Eshop but absolutely feic all here. Only got my 2DS this week so not sure how the sales works re different regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

skerry wrote: »
    Seems to he a cracking sale on the US Eshop but absolutely feic all here. Only got my 2DS this week so not sure how the sales works re different regions.

They don't, 3ds is region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

They don't, 3ds is region locked.

Meant to say don't I know how they work the sales between different regions, as in will we see similar sale as the US have currently

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No never gets as cheap plus Thanksgiving is their main holiday so this is the big sale for American eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I see there are a few download deals on the Nintendo eshop for cyber Monday. Eg Super Mario odyssey for €42.
    I wanted to buy it for my sons unopened santa present but seems I can't buy it until my account is linked.
    Does anyone here know if that deal could be available again in the new year?
    Im looking to get zelda too for myself but Ill have to get a memory card if I go the download route. There are plenty of 100mb/s memory cards on cyber Monday deals though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

In the end I went for two downloads of Mario odyssey and zelda botw on the Nintendo eshop late last night. Got them slightly cheaper again using eshop €35 cards on g2a.com.
    At least we can't lose the cartridges now!

Advertisement