Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-11-2019, 19:24   #571
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheman View Post
Bottom line is we need reform of insurance industry. Voting FG or Maria Bailey or FF won't sort that. But let's focus on one TD and one case ad nauseum. Pathetic
It’s a.topic that didn’t go away and FGs trying to bury it and ignore it has backfired in spectacular fashion.

It’s not a focus on one td. This is going to hurt them and badly in this coming election.
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 19:25   #572
Pintman Paddy Losty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
To be fair paddy you’ve been here just as long and trying to downplay and laugh off the whole thing as a nothing.

And look where bailey is now.
The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

The largest party in the country continues to sell well with the people.

The message of the shinners and whingers is not resonating with Joe Public.
16-11-2019, 19:35   #573
Bobtheman

So the alternative is vote FG again? Why ?
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 19:36   #574
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman Paddy Losty View Post
The DLRD branch made their decision and the executive accepted it. That's democracy. Happy to see the back of MB to be honest.

FG can draw a line under this. They'll likely get a nice boost in the polls for demonstrating that they can deal with things like this internally.

Well that definitely a take. A funny one.

FG didn’t deal with it at all. They ignored it and then tried to bury it.

That’s not a good look to the party.

And no the public aren’t happy with them at all.

And you’ve just said that anyone who isn’t buying your line is a shinner and a whinger

It being Saturday night I guess you’re an entry level young FG member given control of the spin desk for the night. Am I right?

Make sure today some dinner if you’re gonna be there all night.
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 19:37   #575
Bobtheman

Quote:

I think you are deluded. FG are marginally ahead of FF. The housing situation remains dire as does health and insurance . Best of luck canvassing with that.
I do agree with you on whinging independents. Effectively useless
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 20:01   #576
tayto lover

Quote:

Seeing that it took them so long to do what needed to be done will the boost be in the election after the next one or even further down the road?
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 20:10   #577
Higgins5473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop moaning ffs View Post
It’s a.topic that didn’t go away and FGs trying to bury it and ignore it has backfired in spectacular fashion.

It’s not a focus on one td. This is going to hurt them and badly in this coming election.
I'm not sure they tried to bury it. i think Bailey made an absolute mess of the whole thing herself, including the last few days and subsequent dismissal. If it was a witch hunt and the press going after her Madigan should go down with her. In fact I think Madigan should be gone more so, Bailey is thick, she took bad advice.
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2019, 20:19   #578
_Kaiser_

Quote:

Honestly now, I really don't know whether you actually believe this stuff or whether you're just that out of touch with the mood of the public on this and many other core issues that have gotten worse under FG's "leadership" in the last 9 years.

I seem to recall you saying that FG were drawing a line under this issue before and yet here we are. Equally ridiculous is the nonsensical idea that anyone who has an issue with FG or its representatives is a "shinner" or a "whinger".

You haven't a notion what Joe Public wants mate. It's certainly not more arrogant hypocrisy and corruption from FG - as I've said many times here, all FG are really good for in the final analysis is reminding us that they're worse than FF (which is why they ALWAYS - just as they have this time - make them electable again)

All you're ACTUALLY achieving with posts like the above, is proving the point.
16-11-2019, 20:37   #579
Stop moaning ffs
Banned

Sell well with the people you said.

This is going to haunt him to the rest of his political career. Not that it will bother him personally at all. We know it won’t.

But statements like these are exactly why FG have ruined the country in a whole new way that we won’t recover from.

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/st...934284288?s=21
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2019, 20:59   #580
It wasnt me123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins5473 View Post
I'm not sure they tried to bury it. i think Bailey made an absolute mess of the whole thing herself, including the last few days and subsequent dismissal. If it was a witch hunt and the press going after her Madigan should go down with her. In fact I think Madigan should be gone more so, Bailey is thick, she took bad advice
She isn’t thick - she is very savvy but arrogant - she didn’t get bad advice - she lied on legal documents and then signed them.

Do not make excuses for greed and arrogance
16-11-2019, 21:02   #581
Millionaire only not

Quote:
Originally Posted by It wasnt me123 View Post
She isn’t thick - she is very savvy but arrogant - she didn’t get bad advice - she lied on legal documents and then signed them.

Do not make excuses for greed and arrogance
And it’s a disgrace if she gets elected!

She’s gone good riddance, get over it move on , we’ve all made mistakes we have to live with !
Thanks from:
16-11-2019, 21:18   #582
high_king
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire only not View Post
And it’s a disgrace if she gets elected!
Corrupt politicians often top the poll in Ireland, always have, lots of people secretly love them as it reminds them of themselves.
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2019, 21:20   #583
Pintman Paddy Losty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kaiser_ View Post
Honestly now, I really don't know whether you actually believe this stuff or whether you're just that out of touch with the mood of the public on this and many other core issues that have gotten worse under FG's "leadership" in the last 9 years.

I seem to recall you saying that FG were drawing a line under this issue before and yet here we are. Equally ridiculous is the nonsensical idea that anyone who has an issue with FG or its representatives is a "shinner" or a "whinger".

You haven't a notion what Joe Public wants mate. It's certainly not more arrogant hypocrisy and corruption from FG - as I've said many times here, all FG are really good for in the final analysis is reminding us that they're worse than FF (which is why they ALWAYS - just as they have this time - make them electable again)

All you're ACTUALLY achieving with posts like the above, is proving the point.
Talking rubbish as usual.

You make out like FG are hated up and down the country. Au contraire. They are the most popular party in the country. More voters like FG than any other party. People value steady and reasoned policies. They also transfer extremely well.

Here's how things are going to play out.

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. Leo and Simon will do a great job with brexit in the new year. They'll continue to rise in the polls. There'll be an election called in late March. Michael Martin will be shown for the slippery populist he is. FG will be the largest party. Reduced number of TDs but will form a coalition with the greens, Labour and independents.

FG aren't going anywhere. No matter how much you bluster.
16-11-2019, 21:33   #584
FrancieBrady

Quote:

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. .
Don't ever sign up for the party strategist job anyhow...you were saying the above in May!
16-11-2019, 21:34   #585
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Talking rubbish as usual.

You make out like FG are hated up and down the country. Au contraire. They are the most popular party in the country. More voters like FG than any other party. People value steady and reasoned policies. They also transfer extremely well.

Here's how things are going to play out.

MB story is more or less done now. Old news. Leo and Simon will do a great job with brexit in the new year. They'll continue to rise in the polls. There'll be an election called in late March. Michael Martin will be shown for the slippery populist he is. FG will be the largest party. Reduced number of TDs but will form a coalition with the greens, Labour and independents.

FG aren't going anywhere. No matter how much you bluster.
I remember your prediction that the MB story would be a footnote come the Summer, I'd be inclined to ignore your predictions of the future tbh .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion