Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

rubadub wrote: »
    Pretty sure it said I had to present the card, but I am also fairly certain people said this is not enforced. Somebody got them a while ago and was offering them to others here and I was asking if they would need the card and I think people said no.

Brill thank you. Hopefully someone will be able to upload a copy like before. I got great use outta them at the self service tills

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

audi02 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone will be able to upload a copy like before.
    I am pretty sure these have individual barcodes, not like the newspaper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I am pretty sure these have individual barcodes, not like the newspaper ones.
    I got a few in today's post and can confirm that they do have individual bar codes. There is also a series of digits printed beside the codes which are all the same. On the reverse side it states that the vouchers must be used with a club card

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

valid from 17/10/2019 until 29/10/2019

Guinness 500Ml 24 cans €24

Heineken 500Ml 24 cans €24

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wines 6 for €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Just picked this up for €13 in Tesco

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

audi02 wrote: »
    Just picked this up for €13 in Tesco

Which branch?

Bounty bars 4 for 1.50 and still full size. In dealz these have reduced to 3 packs for 1.50 so this is good.

SAVE 1.69 Was 3.19 Now 1.50
    valid from 16/10/2019 until 12/11/2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wines 6 for €50

Got this, added some beers to bring the total to €62, used a voucher to get €12 off a shop of €60 or more. A nice little combo deal

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Got this, added some beers to bring the total to €62, used a voucher to get €12 off a shop of €60 or more. A nice little combo deal

Was kinda wondering if the Graham Norton wines are good ? Oyster Bay yes plz...

• Advertisement

Was kinda wondering if the Graham Norton wines are good ? Oyster Bay yes plz...

Its a bit paint by numbers. They are reliable, but boring as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Was in Cabra tonight and did shop and scan as I was tight on time. At checkout the assistant gave me a €10 off €50 voucher for use this week. Only valid for shop and scan, until 25th but I was able to use it straight away.

FOr those with 10/50 vouchers -my tesco has the self scanning guns, good for getting ahead of the queues but also with the 10 off 50 vouchers I can be sure I am just over the €50 limit. Before I used to tot up prices on my phone, unless it was something obvious.

I see the heineken, coors & bulmers trays no longer show as being available to buy online, maybe to get people to go instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,143 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Good range of 5 €5 on this list but you need to scroll down!

Includes Tayto cheese and Onion, Variety pack, Salt and Vinegar, Various flavors of O'donnell's crisps, large range of Cadburys bars oreo, caramel, whole nut, fruit & nut, Daim, Roundies, 7-up light, Pepsi Max and a range of Oreo products!

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00005139

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

2 x 240 lyons tea for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Good range of 5 €5 on this list but you need to scroll down
    Proper link 5 for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Includes Tayto cheese and Onion, Variety pack, Salt and Vinegar, Various flavors of O'donnell's crisps, large range of Cadburys bars oreo, caramel, whole nut, fruit & nut, Daim, Roundies, 7-up light, Pepsi Max and a range of Oreo products!

5 X 6pack Tayto for €5! My poor arteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

FOr those with 10/50 vouchers -my tesco has the self scanning guns, good for getting ahead of the queues but also with the 10 off 50 vouchers I can be sure I am just over the €50 limit. Before I used to tot up prices on my phone, unless it was something obvious.

I see the heineken, coors & bulmers trays no longer show as being available to buy online, maybe to get people to go instore.

2 for 40 online now

normakelle wrote: »
    2 for 40 online now

can you put a link up to what you are talking about? I can see no good offers for the heineken or bulmers, coors appears to be back now but 25 a tray (as before, but not 2 for 40). It might be tied to my local store or something, I think this happened before where some people saw offers which I could not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Weetabix / Lyons tea 2 for €10

Lyons Original Blend 240'S 696G
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266111732

Weetabix Cereal 72 Pack
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266111732

Lyons Gold Blend 240S 696G
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266580135

144 Weetabix for a tenner that's gross :p
    Best before 12/10/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Excellent, thanks for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

can you put a link up to what you are talking about? I can see no good offers for the heineken or bulmers, coors appears to be back now but 25 a tray (as before, but not 2 for 40). It might be tied to my local store or something, I think this happened before where some people saw offers which I could not.

go into tesco website, click on special offers, click on smirnoff vodka 2 for 40 and the cans 2 for 40 will be listed under the offers of 2 for 40

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32742418

• Registered Users Posts: 23,295 ✭✭✭✭zell12

TescoUK launching a new clubcard membership of £8pm in exchange for various discounts worth £40+ pm, spend dependent
    TescoIE said the company is ‘currently assessing when would be the right time to introduce it to Ireland’, so it could be launched here in the near future.
    TheGuardian Extra

zell12 wrote: »
    TescoUK launching a new clubcard membership of £8pm in exchange for various discounts worth £40+ pm, spend dependent

If you look into the details of the scheme- its not great value.
    You pay a membership fee of (in Ireland) EUR10 a month.
    This entitles you to 10% off two shops to a maximum value of EUR500 a month.
    If you buy smaller shops- you get the 10% off the first two smaller shops per month.

To make this work- you need to be able to plan two large shops monthly- where you buy absolutely everything and don't need to go back between shops.

It doesn't apply to petrol, baby food, electrical goods, lottery tickets and a list of other items- but it does apply to alcohol (though you'd want to be one staggering alcoholic to get through 500 quid of alcohol a month........

Notably- it is not valid for online orders.

Aka- its a desperate attempt to try and shoehorn people into doing a few large shops instore per month- moving away from where we've been going for the last 15 years, smaller and more frequent shops.

The people doing their online shopping will be particularly pissed with it- as will people who spend a fair bit over multiple shops- but for whatever reason aren't in a position to spend 250 a go on large shops.

I can't see it working as a scheme- sure some people will gain nicely from it- however, the fact that you have to pay a membership fee to use the scheme- probably will be a massive turnoff for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Aka- its a desperate attempt to try and shoehorn people into doing a few large shops instore per month- moving away from where we've been going for the last 15 years, smaller and more frequent shops.

You make it sound as if people doing a few large shops is a bad thing?

I think it would be great if we could reverse this small daily shopping trend.

Less traffic on the roads and less crowded shops sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Totally agree conductor - I think if they offered something like 10% of all shops over €10/15 up to a shopping value of €500 for the membership fee it would be a better deal. It would stop people getting a discount on every impulse buy shop like a bottle of coke and a sandwich, or at least encourage them to buy a few extra bits to bring it over a tenner (which is a win for tesco). The scheme would probably make members less price sensitive and a little less likely to shop around, so tesco would benefit o that front, and customers could potentially save €40 per month off headline prices.

but it does apply to alcohol (though you'd want to be one staggering alcoholic to get through 500 quid of alcohol a month........
    if you were allowed sign up for just 1 month it might be worthwhile, could be ordering for somebody else too, friend going splits on the fee getting in christmas drink.

I do not like the idea of this as there is obviously no free lunch so prices will go up overall, just like Dunnes seem to do as they factor in the huge amount of people using 10/50 voucers. There were/are lots of 20euro trays of beer at the moment, in tesco, supervalu, centra etc, but dunnes still were not hitting that, as so many would be using vouchers they cannot afford to go that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,973 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

green123 wrote: »
    You make it sound as if people doing a few large shops is a bad thing?

I think it would be great if we could reverse this small daily shopping trend.

Less traffic on the roads and less crowded shops sounds good to me.

There must be quite a number of people who couldn't afford to do large shops.

My family could do large shops, but paying Tesco a monthly subscription wouldn't be on my list of things to do. If people shop like we do, we visit all of the supermarkets depending what's on offer (even SuperValu), and aren't tied to one in particular.

To summarise, Tesco is getting no subscription from me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They are clearly trying to avoid churn & make up for the losses when they stopped taking other vouchers.

I got some €15 off €70 vouchers. Luckily it's easy to increase my typical spend with phone credit, dog food etc.

Definitely a buzz when your checkout total is €71 :D

Has anyone noticed that their Finest range has almost disappeared ?

Advertisement