Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alphabet Sheep-Music Artists Edition (Prize On Offer)

• 29-10-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

The object of SHEEP is to give the most popular answer.

The topic of this quiz is MUSIC ARTISTS. PM me a list of 26 music artists/bands in alphabetical order. DO NOT post your list in this thread.

RULES

For the purposes of this game, the word 'THE' can be left out of the band name.
    For example if the band/artist is called The Muppets you can just put them under M.

All other shorthand answers are not allowed.
    For example if the artist/band is Walt Disney you cannot put him under D for Disney (but you can put him under W of course).

Also, I have chosen 2 music artists/bands from a hat-one very well-known, one not so well-known generally.

If you give me the very well-known music artist you will get zero points
    E.G. if the well-known music artist is Mickey Mouse and you answer Mickey Mouse for M and 9 other people give the name Mickey Mouse for M this will result in ZERO points for all 10 who gave that answer!

If you give me the lesser-known music artist you will get double the points of the sheep score of that letter
    E.G. if the lesser-known music artist is Mickey Mouse and you answer Mickey Mouse for M and the sheep score for M is 25 you will get a massive 50 points!

The two chosen music artists/bands will be revealed at the end of the game.

Is that clear? I hope so.

Use the below as a template. Feel free to google.

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

One more thing-there is a prize on offer! I will post a prize to an Irish/N.Irish address for an outright winner free of charge! What will the prize be? Who knows-you'll just have to win to find out!

There are no incorrect answers in Sheep-can you pick the most popular one? Let's find out!

I will keep this open for a couple of weeks and reveal will take place soon after provided we get the numbers of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Rebretta losing the run of themselves now with all these Sheeps!

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Im so confused by the rules.

If you sheep you get zero. Always? Or just if you deem them "well known"

HOW WILL I KNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I've only chosen 2 music artists from the whole world and from all the letters so there's only 2 (or 1) letter(s) where those rules can apply.

One well-known, one not so well-known. If you give me the well-known one you get zero points. If you give me the lesser-known one you get double the points of the sheep score of that letter.

The chances of you giving me one of the chosen music artists isn't that big. The chances of you giving me both are slim to none.

They're only small stipulations to make it a bit more interesting at the end.

If you still don't understand just ignore that bit and play it as a normal sheep (which is what it is). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Reberetta wrote: »
    I've only chosen 2 music artists from the whole world and from all the letters so there's only 2 (or 1) letter(s) where those rules can apply.

One well-known, one not so well-known. If you give me the well-known one you get zero points. If you give me the lesser-known one you get double the points of the sheep score of that letter.

The chances of you giving me one of the chosen music artists isn't that big. The chances of you giving me both are slim to none.

They're only small stipulations to make it a bit more interesting at the end.

If you still don't understand just ignore that bit and play it as a normal sheep (which is what it is). :)
    I understand now. Now I have to enter don't I?

I'd also like to understand if there's a wooden spoon prize and if Mam is entering?

No prize for last place. Not sure who mam is? My mother ain't allowed to enter-would be a conflict of interest there. Quickbeam has entered so far.

• Advertisement

Is it just artists or can you use bands too?

Bands & artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

No wrong answers in sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'll try to get an entry into you tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Clarabel wrote: »
    I understand now. Now I have to enter don't I?

I'd also like to understand if there's a wooden spoon prize and if Mam is entering?

They're better be a wooden spoon prize Clara , I haven't enough yet to give you all one at Christmas :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

I'm in.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

That's me in....could be a very low scoring sheep takes this...such a wide category. Kinda got sidetracked and put in a lot of my favourite bands instead of being sheepish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I'm in :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Doneded. Found that easier than the sports stars one actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,819 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , wooden spoon here I come , funny how you remember the bands you grew up listening to .
    Or maybe that's just me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

In it, you want the address now or later for my prize?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Got in now before I had a chance to start changing.
    How long is a piece of string?!

To thine own self be true

15 entrants so far. Still at least a week to submit. Even if you don't want the prize you can still play to win.

plates-15-25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

15 entrants so far. Still at least a week to submit. Even if you don't want the prize you can still play to win.

plates-15-25.jpg

Are these the prizes?!

To thine own self be true

Are these the prizes?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll be in when I get to look at this.

When are you closing this. Will be tomorrow/Thurs before I get to this.

I'm going to close sign-ups for this on Wednesday the 13th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Submitted my answers.

Clarabel wrote: »
    I understand now. Now I have to enter don't I??

Still haven't got an entry from you Clarabel. Only a few days left, don't miss out!

TELEMMGLPICT000000857468_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZhRXD-CrdszQMWkCtz09kGicCWElhUMGxahgz2dg-AU.jpeg?imwidth=450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

In, hope you got.

Last chance saloon.

Get your entry to me before late Thursday afternoon for chance to win a crap top prize!

Any last minute entries?

I'll be getting my calculator out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Last minute is my middle name(s) :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Last minute is my middle name(s) :D

Your parents were unusually cruel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any last minute entries?

I'll be getting my calculator out tomorrow.

I left it late but I'm in. :)

Advertisement