Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-10-2019, 19:44   #391
BillyHasMates

I'm just glad the game is over with. Dread games against Utd and find them tough to watch.

Thought we deserved the point in the end but nothing more. Found it really tough in the final third to create dangerous moments due to how well Utd set up and played in defence. They got tight to our main ball players and didn't give us space to play. Our passing wasn't quite good enough to play around the tight marking. Nullified our fullbacks for the majority of the game. The Utd players put in a shift as expected.

As for VAR I think a pattern is beginning to show. It appears that atleast for the Premier League VAR will only overrule the ref for an offside or a handball. VAR doesn't seem to overrule the ref for fouls. There was slight contact by Lindelof on Origi which is usually blown for a foul but I never expected VAR to overrule the goal based on what I have seen in previous games where VAR did not change the ref's decision for more obvious fouls. I think the VAR decisions today were consistent with how I have seen it implemented so far, though I don't agree with it.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 19:53   #392
Dcully

Was always going to be a tough game for Liverpool regardless of the gulf in class.
It was manu`s world cup final so to speak and they worked very hard to put in the shift they did,they really frustrated Liverpool but in the end Liverpool bossed the final quarter and got their just reward, 1-1 fair result on the day.
Ox was excellent when he came on, delighted for Lallana to get the equalizer.
Salah was a big loss today, his stats are through the roof this season, the clueless point only to his goals only but he has evolved to a more complete package the last 12 months or so.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 19:54   #393
Will I Am Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHasMates View Post
I'm just glad the game is over with. Dread games against Utd and find them tough to watch.

Thought we deserved the point in the end but nothing more. Found it really tough in the final third to create dangerous moments due to how well Utd set up and played in defence. They got tight to our main ball players and didn't give us space to play. Our passing wasn't quite good enough to play around the tight marking. Nullified our fullbacks for the majority of the game. The Utd players put in a shift as expected.

As for VAR I think a pattern is beginning to show. It appears that atleast for the Premier League VAR will only overrule the ref for an offside or a handball. VAR doesn't seem to overrule the ref for fouls. There was slight contact by Lindelof on Origi which is usually blown for a foul but I never expected VAR to overrule the goal based on what I have seen in previous games where VAR did not change the ref's decision for more obvious fouls. I think the VAR decisions today were consistent with how I have seen it implemented so far, though I don't agree with it.
Accurate.
20-10-2019, 19:57   #394
Jurgen The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunbergsAreGo View Post
A serious question, where are In United going?.
Have you ever heard of an app called grammarly? I have it on VERY good authority that it has remarkable results in a very short period of time. Worth investigating.
20-10-2019, 19:57   #395
ebbsy

That point could keep Utd up.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 20:00   #396
pablo128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbsy View Post
That point could keep Utd up.
The 2 points dropped could cost Liverpool the league.
20-10-2019, 20:00   #397
Hotblack Desiato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1990 View Post
Atkinson just gave everything to Man Utd today & I wasnt surprised. He has done that before against Liverpool.
Totally ridiculous to be accusing a professional referee of bias like that.
20-10-2019, 20:00   #398
Hotblack Desiato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo128 View Post
The 2 points dropped could cost Liverpool the league.
Again.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 20:00   #399
rob316

Sitting back against Liverpool never works, there seems to be this misconception we struggle to break down sides that sit deep. The full backs are too good to be left cross the ball freely as no matter how poor they have played soon or later they'll make the right one.
Only way to to beat Liverpool is what Ole did first half. Outwork the midfield and press the full backs, but if your not a side that presses it's difficult to keep that pace for the best of 90 mins.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 20:02   #400
Hotblack Desiato

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
Only way to to beat Liverpool is what Ole did first half. Outwork the midfield and press the full backs, but if your not a side that presses it's difficult to keep that pace for the best of 90 mins.
Some more fitness and happiness and putting the manager's arm around players and we'll be grand
20-10-2019, 20:06   #401

Ole surely won't be sacked now I'd imagine.
20-10-2019, 20:09   #402
ThunbergsAreGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is it View Post
A serious question, how many pints have you had?
Haha very fair, but where is this United team going? It's hard to see a way forward
20-10-2019, 20:09   #403
mightyreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotblack Desiato View Post
Some more fitness and happiness and putting the manager's arm around players and we'll be grand
Might win the champions league if you do .. in 2 years
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 20:11   #404
Hotblack Desiato

I was referring to Ole, not Klopp!

Klopp has the benefit of a club structure which is working well and scouting and signing the right players. United don't have that*. Klopp was offered the United job and turned it down and I can't blame him.

* Although we made 3 good signings last summer, at least 2 were targets last year and not signed. Both defenders. We've also let attacking players go without replacing them. Doubt we'll make a significant attacking signing in January but we must make at least 2 of them next summer.
20-10-2019, 20:14   #405
bangkok

Liverpool were lucky to get a draw. No 2 ways about it
Thread Closed