Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Water absloute fustration!

• 27-09-2019 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I applied for water on March 16th,  It would not be much to expect to have water by now? 
    I paid the invoice in July and despite numerous calls, Irish water continue to give me the runaround. Oh the contractor has not opened the road......... we have no date of when we asked the contractor to do this.......... there is a backlog you have to wait your turn......... but no date will be given............ 

So my last call to irish water they gave me a work number and told me to phone Meath county council to ask the country council if they have released the road licence, as Irish water have no date of when this was applied for but said heres the work number. 

Irish water said 'we cannot talk to meath county council on your behalf as we are the third party' and the water is for your property its a data protection issue. 

I asked Irish water can they ask their contractor named 'F' to update them if they have the road licence their response was No the contractor only tell us they applied for the licence they cannot give us any other information. 

So I ring meath county council roads department  with the Irish water 'work order' reference number their response - that number 'means nothing to us' 'We cannot talk to you as Irish water are the applicants' its a data protection issue

So now I am facing moving into a house with no heating and no water and no prospect of when I will get this. Do Irish water have any compassion for families who are taxpayers? Our hard earned taxes are paying for this service. irish water are a disgrace if your contractors are backlogged show some compassion and competence towards the people who pay your wages and use another contractor. Get onto meath county council and the contractor and get a date of the work, I will wait for the next reponse and share this on every other social media platform too

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi mvrce,

We're so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

We can follow up with our New Connections Team on your behalf if you wish. Would you mind sending the following information via PM and we can try to help:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - New Connection reference number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mvrce

Since posting this thread last month 5 different 'Irish Water customer services agents' have responded to apologise. We are now at 9th October and despite numerous attempts Irish Water continue to pass me off with apologies. Once again they referred me to the county council and once again the county council referred me back to Irish Water - no prospective date of Water, applied for in March, paid for within one week of receiving the invoice in July, what does someone have to do to get a date? irish water know I am facing homelessness as I cannot move a young family into a house with no water and no heat, but no amount of pleading, phoning, emailing, complaining is working - SHAME ON IRISH WATER paid by the tax payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Mvrce,

We completely understand where you're coming from and and are doing our utmost to ensure this is rectified for you.

A member of our team will be in touch via PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 frustrated_

I waited 3 years and 3 months to get a simple water connection. Applied in June 2016 and it was completed (by an outsourced contractor in the end) in Sep 2019.

I hope you have a lot of patience. I feel absolute pity for anyone dealing with this absolute joke of a company. 

Hi frustrated_
    I waited 3 years and 3 months to get a simple water connection. Applied in June 2016 and it was completed (by an outsourced contractor in the end) in Sep 2019.

I hope you have a lot of patience. I feel absolute pity for anyone dealing with this absolute joke of a company. 
    We're very sorry that you had this experience and if you PM your name, address and application reference number, we can make a note of this on your account.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 frustrated_

Hi frustrated_

We're very sorry that you had this experience and if you PM your name, address and application reference number, we can make a note of this on your account.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

What good will "making a note of it on my account" now do? 

I sent all this information to you by private message back in 2016. You personally answered my query and did absolutely nothing about it then. 

At no point on this Irish Water account or on the support team does anyone bother checking back to see if the query been resolved. A robotic template answer is given (we will pass on to someone else) and then the customer is completely forgotten about. No one takes ownership of the complaints and so the issues continue on and on and the customers get even angrier and more irate.

Management should be sacked for running such poor support teams. The KPI's must be horrendous.

Hi frustrated_
    What good will "making a note of it on my account" now do? 

I sent all this information to you by private message back in 2016. You personally answered my query and did absolutely nothing about it then. 

At no point on this Irish Water account or on the support team does anyone bother checking back to see if the query been resolved. A robotic template answer is given (we will pass on to someone else) and then the customer is completely forgotten about. No one takes ownership of the complaints and so the issues continue on and on and the customers get even angrier and more irate.

Management should be sacked for running such poor support teams. The KPI's must be horrendous.
    We're very sorry for the inconvenience and delay in response. We can assure you we did everything in our power on our end to resolve this matter for you and were waiting on updates from crews. However, we understand how upsetting this was for you and sincerely apologise for any upset you were caused.

We have taken your feedback on board and have passed this on to all parties involved.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

Advertisement