Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,795 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure hes talking about a Simpsons episode re. blocking the sun.

No. He was 1000% serious.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

She was on the same campaign leaflet as this guy last time.
    https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/21/irish-election-candidate-ben-gilroy-stars-in-bizarre-campaign-video

I kind of get the feeling she might end up with a few more votes than we think, not enough to get elected, but enough to make you wonder about what crazies are out there with the vote

She was on the same campaign leaflet as this guy last time.
    https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/21/irish-election-candidate-ben-gilroy-stars-in-bizarre-campaign-video

I kind of get the feeling she might end up with a few more votes than we think, not enough to get elected, but enough to make you wonder about what crazies are out there with the vote

Cue

"but we only agree with her a little bit..."

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cue

"but we only agree with her a little bit..."

I don't even think she agrees with everything she says!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Nal wrote: »
    Still the best thing I've seen this year is Gemmas lad outside Google

"blocking out the sun, turning the atmosphere into a plasma, which acts as a conductive medium to transmit their 5G signals through the cloud, just like The Terminator, Skynet.......... the sun is going to be blocked out and everything is going to be stored in the cloud".

That lad has just unseated John Lennon from my fantasy dinner party thing.

Terry Lawton, mad as a box of Gay Frogs

http://climatechangeagenda.com/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Suttree wrote: »
    No, they did not 'act' the Ryans, my understanding is the guy is a construction worker, so he's probably out labouring while you get to spend time 'acting' like you're not a racist spending your life on the internet doing dog whistles.

Amazing the people going around lecturing people don't even know the facts of the story. I haven't even followed it that much and even I know he's a personal trainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

lleti wrote: »
    Amazing the people going around lecturing people don't even know the facts of the story. I haven't even followed it that much and even I know he's a personal trainer.

It would appear he's former construction worker and is now a personal trainer.

Do everyone a favour and explain how that has any impact whatsoever on it being incorrect to refer to him as an actor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

Suttree wrote: »
    It would appear he's former construction worker and is now a personal trainer.

Do everyone a favour and explain how that has any impact whatsoever on it being incorrect to refer to him as an actor?

Well his profession is not an actor but an advert has actors. They are acting in the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

Well his profession is not an actor but an advert has actors. They are acting in the ad.

No, they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Birneybau wrote: »
    Terry Lawton, mad as a box of Gay Frogs

http://climatechangeagenda.com/

Actually feel sorry for the lad

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

The Nal wrote: »
    Actually feel sorry for the lad

Jesus lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My god what a loop the loop, who is he? I read some of the comments on the Youtube video, laughable that these people look at clouds and think we are being killed by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Every single advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

Artificial Frequency Clouds !!!! ...... what a spacer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The only safe frequencies are the ones that are natural numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I was thinking she wants to pedal her racist hate so she could probably use Balbriggan in Dublin North. Its fits her scummy exploitative narrative more. She will probably run in both Dublin constituencies though.

Shocked at you Joey trying to label a whole area racist???

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Shocked at you Joey trying to label a whole area racist???

Huh?

Nope. I am saying Gemma will try to stir hate and racial tensions in Balbriggan and I didnt label anywhere racist.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Huh?

Nope. I am saying Gemma will try to stir hate and racial tensions in Balbriggan and I didnt label anywhere racist.

She will target poorer areas...they (immigrants, refugees) get everything handed to them, housing etc etc, you get nothing. The Government doesn't care about your area etc etc...vote for me. With no actual polices herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I read numerous news reports on the Ryans and went to the trouble of watching the LLS interview to get an answer to this one question but still no clarity. The question is: What exactly was targeted online, was it the Lidl twitter/facebook accounts featuring the Ryan ad OR was it their own personal social media accounts?

AllForIt wrote: »
    I read numerous news reports on the Ryans and went to the trouble of watching the LLS interview to get an answer to this one question but still no clarity. The question is: What exactly was targeted online, was it the Lidl twitter/facebook accounts featuring the Ryan ad OR was it their own personal social media accounts?
    No idea. Dont think it really matters. Hatemongering racism is still hatemongering racism. A death threat is still a death threat.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Big Vern wrote: »
    She will target poorer areas...they (immigrants, refugees) get everything handed to them, housing etc etc, you get nothing. The Government doesn't care about your area etc etc...vote for me. With no actual polices herself.

An accurate assessment!

But she does have policies:

* Ban 5G
    * Ban vaccines
    * Something something chemtrails!
    * Sack certain named people from RTÉ just because, then imprison them. Trials? What are you, some kind of cultural Marxist?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it's ok Columbo the gardai are looking after it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

it's ok Columbo the gardai are looking after it now.

I'm so sorry if I offended you in some way but some ppl can't help thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

They were. Them and their kid. With death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They were. Them and their kid. With death threats.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Link?

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/twitter-defends-response-to-racist-tweets-that-forced-lidl-ad-family-to-leave-ireland-955979.html

"The Garda Commissioner Drew Harris has said officers are identifying suspects involved in online abuse directed at a family, who have been forced to leave Ireland after receiving a death threat."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

john4321 wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/twitter-defends-response-to-racist-tweets-that-forced-lidl-ad-family-to-leave-ireland-955979.html

"The Garda Commissioner Drew Harris has said officers are identifying suspects involved in online abuse directed at a family, who have been forced to leave Ireland after receiving a death threat."
    Nice long article, no mention of death threats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,433 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I even went to the bother of posting the quote about the death threat from the article.

You didnt even read it then.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

john4321 wrote: »

It's literally right there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement