Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Possible** Ryanair UK pilots strike in 2nd half of August

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

its never easy to know exactly what will happen with Ryanair if the strike does take place

not all their pilots are in the Union so if the non Union pilots go to work then obviously only a certain percentage of flights will be affected.

It is also complicated by the UK pilots also possibly striking on both days next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Ryanair claim to currently have a surplus of pilots. So maybe the impact might not be so severe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

matt cooper show

chatting to Pat Dawson and Eddie Wilson..

starts at about 37 mins.. after the news..

https://www.todayfm.com/shows/last-word-matt-cooper-234816

its v informative..

looks like if the strike goes ahead, sun destinations will be protected - with perhaps provincial uk flights affected..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

There was a video uploaded with some info on the Ryanair Facebook page earlier if anyone is interested. On mobile so cant share.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »

yeah - strange though how he didn't mention the court injunction which is being heard on Monday morning.. I am praying that it will be granted..

I don't think the strike will go ahead.. no judge in their right mind should allow this strike to proceed (to my knowledge)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Iradio published an article on facebook saying it could be Wednesday before the high court makes a decision on whether the 180 pilots can strike or not. Not much good for people flying Thursday and Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Article on the journal.ie
    https://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-high-court-forsa-strike-4773307-Aug2019/

"The judge said that he hopes to have a decision in the case by Wednesday morning, but said that he may be in a position to deliver his ruling on Tuesday afternoon."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have until tomorrow to cancel hotel. Flight Friday evening. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

The judge has gone off to "gather his thoughts" so decision will be made tomorrow :mad:

• Advertisement

lfen wrote: »
    The judge has gone off to "gather his thoughts" so decision will be made tomorrow :mad:

Seriously??? 🀬🀬🀬

"During submissions to the court today, Mr Hayden said it is also Ryanair’s case that the strike ballot is invalid because not all relevant members of the union who are directly employed by Ryanair were balloted.

Issues were also raised by the airline about the number of ballot papers issued to the union members.

The claims are denied. "
    https://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-strike-injunction-decision-due-tomorrow-4775016-Aug2019/

is it just Dublin flights or could Cork flights be affected too?

Any update this morning? Getting the email to check into my flight Friday but not sure whether to do it yet?

No strike this week, yay

https://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-strike-11-4776166-Aug2019/

"THE HIGH COURT has granted Ryanair an injunction preventing its Irish-based pilots from going on strike later this week"

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

The Irish injunction was granted. Enjoy your trip :)

woo hoo - hope all will be ok in Stansted on Fri...

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

sporina wrote: »
    woo hoo - hope all will be ok in Stansted on Fri...

There was a twitter post from Stansted Airport posted in another thread suggesting all flights will operate from Stansted:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111037691&postcount=598

just got a text from ryanair saying that all flights will operate as scheduled on fri.. (my flight is fri). woo hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm due to fly from Edinburgh to Dublin tomorrow - possibly affected by the UK strike but I got an email and text to say all flights operating. So we live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭gaillimh

Hi.
    I have flights booked for myself, my wife and our 2 small kids to Palma on September 22nd.
    I have just today spotted that there is planned strike action for that date.
    As of yet I have received no notification from Ryanair of any cancellation.
    As usual - attempts to get any sort of a straight answer via online chat with Ryanair were a complete waste of time.

Does anybody know if there is a minimum notice period that Ryanair must give to its customers in advance of a flight cancellation due to strike action?
    I would obviously try and rebook with Aer Lingus if their prices are not extortionate but the closer to departure it gets the more we would have to pay I'm sure.

Anyone know what the story is here?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

it could be as late as day before.

as with recent events Ryanair will not do any changes until it knows the strike will go ahead.

The UK pilots were on strike last week yet all flights went ahead as only a certain amount of pilots are unionised.

so even if there is a strike your flight might go ahead.

Advertisement