Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ashling Thompson case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Your post was, I got that....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

greenspurs wrote: »
    apologists.... ..
    Always a reason, excuse, underlining issue.... always.

No one takes responsibility , and no one will make sure they do.

where in my post do I apologise for her? or give an excuse , clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Autecher wrote: »
    That is true, she also took the time to pose for the cameras after her court case too unlike Ms. Thompson.

A very classy lady indeed.

EEN%20KIELY%20190428697.jpg

I still would

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭monseiur

bye go off to Oz so....

Australia ceased being a colony for convicts a long time ago, doubt she'd be allowed in now

Their immigration standard is something we should learn from, with so many foreign convicts wandering our streets at our expense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't understand how she was still in the night club 90 minutes after the first assault.

Was she mates with "security"?
    If I was the second person assaulted, I'd be making a claim against the night club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I don't understand how she was still in the night club 90 minutes after the first assault.

If I was the second person assaulted, I'd be making a claim against the night club.

The bar is frequented by GAA heads so wouldn’t surprise me ... she should’ve been kicked out after the first one or held by security for the gardai to deal with her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

The bar is frequented by GAA heads so wouldn’t surprise me ... she should’ve been kicked out after the first one or held by security for the gardai to deal with her

It's full of Guards and nurses and is generally awful but in fairness the security aren't the worst. I've come across a lot worse in Cork down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

bye go off to Oz so....

Shes received terrible advice that Daily Mail story is just car crash stuff...She must have lost every sponsor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7281409/Gaelic-games-star-complains-shes-harassed-nightclub-assaults.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

CorkFenian wrote: »
    Shes received terrible advice that Daily Mail story is just car crash stuff...She must have lost every sponsor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7281409/Gaelic-games-star-complains-shes-harassed-nightclub-assaults.html

Maybe she didn’t receive any advice. Could she have been approached by the media herself and was paid for her interview, Did the interview for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

vriesmays wrote: »

Bizarre article. She must have a decent PR team to get her an article in the Daily Fail.

Perhaps looking to get picked up by an agency over there leading to a stint on reality tv. That's all it is, a vanity project.

In fairness, she is playing the media well and people like to read stories about controversial characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's not an interview with the Daily Mail, that's just a rehash of the Sindo interview with an explanation of what camogie is tacked on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

I wonder will there be letters of protest in the Sindo next Sunday about their disgraceful interview with poor Aishling? Even by the Sindo's standards it plumbed the depths. I was going to write one myself but I said they probably won't print it so I didn't bother.
    The only other one they did like it that comes near it for outrage is the "John the Baptist" article on that crook John Delaney.

CorkFenian wrote: »

Jesus that is the UK website of the Mail. Amazing they would cover a story like that. Just shows how amazingly stupid the article was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

lukin wrote: »
    Jesus that is the UK website of the Mail. Amazing they would cover a story like that. Just shows how amazingly stupid the article was.

They just want an excuse to print photos of a good looking girl. They'll cover a murder if the victim has Instagram photos on a beach in a bikini

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭political analyst

From the interview in the Sunday Independent's Life supplement and the detail of the court case, I believe she was explaining her actions, not excusing them, i.e. the car accident in which she was injured, the suicide of her on-off boyfriend, the fact that she had been training earlier in the day of the assault and had then consumed alcohol without eating. Sure, who wouldn't want to know why she attacked a woman who had said Hello to someone who she (Thompson) was talking to?

Why would anyone engage in sporting activity and then take alcohol without eating anything? It doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Fast Twitch

Is she very good looking?.. she's as rough as fnck..

Agreed. All the talk of her good lucks. She has a unique 'look' but there are good looking girls everywhere you look.

Mostly it's a scowl she carries. You'd soon get sick of looking at her if you had to listen to her and put up with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

From the interview in the Sunday Independent's Life supplement and the detail of the court case, I believe she was explaining her actions, not excusing them, i.e. the car accident in which she was injured, the suicide of her on-off boyfriend, the fact that she had been training earlier in the day of the assault and had then consumed alcohol without eating. Sure, who wouldn't want to know why she attacked a woman who had said Hello to someone who she (Thompson) was talking to?

Why would anyone engage in sporting activity and then take alcohol without eating anything? It doesn't make sense.

Is that not the basis of all Irish sport?

[/B]
    Is that not the basis of all Irish sport?

I presume the poster means consuming alcohol after training, in the Thompson case, which kind of defeats the purpose of training to drink straight after.

As opposed to the usual drinking after winning some competition.

• Advertisement

Ye need to get out more.

Thighs on her a 6 month old Tit fed Holstein would be proud of.

Fairly bad comparison. If it's one things Holsteins are noted for it's definitely not their thighs, light and long legged.

Belgian Blue, Charolais double muscled more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I presume the poster means consuming alcohol after training, in the Thompson case, which kind of defeats the purpose of training to drink straight after.

As opposed to the usual drinking after winning some competition.

it doesn't though and it's a silly point.
    I'm sure she (and other sports people) drink occasionally but train almost daily to not detriment. with the exception of peaking for an event where you'd be living like a monk,

back on Aisling...she is a geebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Stick ball, the daily fail never fails to entertain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

They even call handball fives.

No letters in the Sindo today in response to the piece on Aishling last Sunday.
    I am sure they got loads but didn't publish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

lukin wrote: »
    No letters in the Sindo today in response to the piece on Aishling last Sunday.
    I am sure they got loads but didn't publish them.[/quote
    How can you be so sure?
    Maybe people dont give a ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

monseiur wrote: »
    Australia ceased being a colony for convicts a long time ago, doubt she'd be allowed in now

Their immigration standard is something we should learn from, with so many foreign convicts wandering our streets at our expense :rolleyes:

Except if you bothered to actually read about the sentencing, she doesn't have a conviction on her record, she was (rather bizarrely) given a 6k fine with the quid pro quo being no conviction.

Ordinarily a situation like this, minor assault in a club with drink on board, with no real injuries inflicted, early guilty plea, no previous, you wouldn't get anything close to a 6k fine. Not even half that. Probably just probation. She was obviously desperate to avoid the conviction though as it would affect overseas travel and possibly garda vetting for coaching positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If she was charged in Kerry the judge would have asked her for a contribution to the courts poor box. Quite obvious a deal was done to avoid a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's reardens sure, your a god in there if you play gaa.

If I was before the courts for what she did I'd have gotten a suspended sentence but nonetheless got a criminal conviction.

6k is absolutely nothing to keep a clean record, judge leaving her off so lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Water John wrote: »
    If she was charged in Kerry the judge would have asked her for a contribution to the courts poor box. Quite obvious a deal was done to avoid a conviction.

Do you think a dog bites once? I would guess there are a few other incidents swept under the carpet by the GAA/AGS, out of court settlements and what not. Once her time is up with the team she is going to be a terror to deal with.

Advertisement