Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lady can't have her hairy balls waxed [mod notes/warnings in post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

bluewolf wrote: »
    How does one "act like a woman"

We need to be getting rid of these gender roles and stereotypes, not reinforcing them
    Apparently, you must put on a tiara and do your best to look like 1980s Pat Butcher from Eastenders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

cdeb wrote: »
    Bollox.

Jonathan Yaniv is a man.

That is not transphobia. That is simple fact. And trying to shout it down as hate speech is despicable.

Very much this. Those that do nothing except scream "TRANSPHOBIA" at the sky need to know that this doesn't work anymore. As soon as you start calling someone names, you've lost the argument.

I said it earlier in this thread that Jessica Yaniv is a man, and I stand by that view. I strongly suspect that his attempts to extort money from small businesses, having weaponised transgenderism, will fail and fail spectacularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Nermal

MrFresh wrote: »
    So why not just go with the flow on the others?

Yes, why not just go with the flow?

Also, if you don’t go with the flow, we’ll fire you and close down your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

We need to be getting rid of these gender roles and stereotypes, not reinforcing them

Exactly. We are going backwards when it comes to these things. Back in the 80s men wearing make up was cool and just that - a man wearing makeup. Now they have to declare themselves non binary/transgender/whatever to be able to do it. I'm still waiting to read an account of a "trans" child that didn't use gender stereotypes as an indication that they should really be the opposite sex - " little Dave always liked dresses and princesses instead of toy cars so we knew he was really a girl" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Drop €5 in a charity shop and you could be a woman tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

MrFresh wrote: »
    I'm not a psychiatrist.

It's disingenuous for you to try and minimise his comment, especially when the only issue he took was with the sexual part and not the assault part.

Being trans is not a mental illness though. And being trans in the presence of a minor is not a heinous offence.

In your very last post you declared “I’m not a psychiatrist” yet here you are very confidently declaring that believing yourself to be a woman when you are in fact a man is not a mental illness.
    What medical professional qualification do you have that allows you to state that?
    I didn’t ask you if you thought that being a biologically fully operative man dressed as and pretending to be a woman in a woman only space in the presence of a young girl was a heinous crime.
    (I cannot for the life of me imagine why you would think it was appropriate, it’s absolutely not).
    I asked you if you could understand that the father of the young girl doesn’t want a penis and testicles hidden behind a skirt near his young child in a ladies bathroom? And why he might react angrily to that scenario?
    Can you answer that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Some posters here(non-religious and religious conservative types) oppose that view as they want to keep traditional gender roles(gender norms) specifically aimed at stopping boys wearing clothing like dresses\skirts that has been of the opposite gender. They've no problem with girls wearing trousers though!

The conservatives are the problem enforcing gender stereotypes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

klaaaz wrote: »

I might be crazy but I think the actual problem is the male pedo in a dress that is trying to set up a topless pool party for unaccompanied minors by pretending to be a woman.

Some posters here(non-religious and religious conservative types) oppose that view as they want to keep traditional gender roles(gender norms) specifically aimed at stopping boys wearing clothing like dresses\skirts that has been of the opposite gender. They've no problem with girls wearing trousers though!

You think I’m a problem suggesting that a person with a vagina is a woman and a person with a penis is a man?
    But you don’t think a 32 year old quite large man dressed as a woman who is obsessed with helping newly pubescent girls insert tampons is a problem? At all?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

lawlolawl wrote: »
    I might be crazy but I think the actual problem is the male pedo in a dress that is trying to set up a topless pool party for unaccompanied minors by pretending to be a woman.
    splinter65 wrote: »
    You think I’m a problem suggesting that a person with a vagina is a woman and a person with a penis is a man?
    But you don’t think a 32 year old quite large man dressed as a woman who is obsessed with helping newly pubescent girls insert tampons is a problem? At all?!?

I was referencing gender stereotypes enforced by conservatives, not that weirdo in Canada.

• Advertisement

I was referencing gender stereotypes enforced by conservatives, not that weirdo in Canada.

This thread is specifically about the racist misogynist paedophile in Canada.

klaaaz wrote:

Nope. Noting and acknowledging the difference of the majority of men to the majority of women is not reinforcing gender stereotypes.

And why exactly are stereotypes bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Men can wear all the dresses and makeup they like to express their gender but it will never make them a woman - sex and gender are completely different things. Women who never wear dresses or use makeup are not conforming to gender stereotypes but are not insisting that they are men, not pretending they have a penis, not demanding prostate checks, to compete in men's sports, to have access to male only spaces. They make a choice how they wish to dress and fit into life doing so without making ridiculous demands on the rest of the world.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: We're getting a lot of reports about the misgendering, deliberate or otherwise, of Jessica Yaniv.

Whatever people's thoughts on the case at hand, how this person chooses to identify is their choice alone. Jessica Yaniv, whatever you might think of her actions elsewhere, chooses to identify as male-to-female transgender. Discuss the person's actions all you want, but from here on in, use the person's preferred pronouns.

I'm out. This is a ridiculous subject which obviously can't be discussed with any objectivity.

It's disgusting to see boards.ie go this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yaniv is a troll at best and a deviant at worst. Literally anyone can just choose to be whatever they want and that's just that? Even if it's for nefarious means? Or to prove a point? Or simply to act the bollox, no pun intended, and everyone else has to just go along with it? Such a dangerous attitude to hold.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Literally anyone can just choose to be whatever they want and that's just that?

When it comes to gender, yes. Whatever your thoughts on the person at hand (and to be clear, I personally believe that this is a very questionable individual), subverting that right simply because you think they are a Bad Person undermines that right for genuine transgender people out there.

If you truly believe that Yaniv is a troll or deviant, then the pronouns used shouldn't matter. Moderation of this thread has stopped people from making that point. The person's actions should speak for themselves.

Literally anyone can just choose to be whatever they want and everyone else has to just go along with it?
    mike_ie wrote: »
    When it comes to gender, yes.

Right. Well I wholeheartedly disagree with that and I disagree with your/the mod team's stance on it vehemently. I suppose that really restricts what I can say any further in an open or honest fashion pending infractions... so I guess that's me out too.

mike_ie wrote:
    When it comes to gender, yes. Whatever your thoughts on the person at hand (and to be clear, I personally believe that this is a very questionable individual), subverting that right simply because you think they are a Bad Person undermines that right for genuine transgender people out there.

So you have the right to identify as what you want to be, but your rights extend to such an extent that everyone else must go along with it?

That's some power.

I'm out. This is a ridiculous subject which obviously can't be discussed with any objectivity.

It's disgusting to see boards.ie go this way.
    I also am now 100% excluded from expressing "IMHO" views as a result of this admin instruction enforcing progressive left-wing ideological words that I refuse to use, and I have sent a PM to the admin in question in protest.

In the spirit of not questioning mod/admin actions on thread, I will not post here again.

My views haven't changed or gone away. I've just been silenced.

Shield.

• Advertisement

Shield wrote: »
    I also am now 100% excluded from expressing "IMHO" views

Fantastic point. Time to axe that part of the forum's name.

This is a local shop..for local people..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I also am now 100% excluded from expressing "IMHO" views as a result of this admin instruction enforcing progressive left-wing ideological words that I refuse to use, and I have sent a PM to the admin in question in protest.

In the spirit of not questioning mod/admin actions on thread, I will not post here again.

Shield.

100%. Speak only if you are in agreement with certain ideologies, and if you dare think otherwise keep silent. Absolutely pathetic! This sort of thinking is why the world is currently in the sh1tst0rm that it is.

jaxxx wrote: »
    100%. Speak only if you are in agreement with certain ideologies

Yep. ''Use the correct pronouns'' is what's rubbing me up the wrong way. Many would be of the opinion that they are using the correct ones. Should say ''use the person's preferred pronouns'' or something to that effect.

Anyway, unsubscribing now as don't want to incur a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

A couple of years ago I really thought Jordan B Peterson's rhetoric was a little ott, mainly because I haven't been in education for quite sometime but pretty much every thing he was rallying against is now coming into the real world and not just limited to the university campuses.

He predicted this and we didn't take heed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The far left once again proving that they are the real fascists.

I’m out. The mods are anxious because most of us want to say that a person with a penis and testicles is a man and apparently this tendency is breaking a forum rule.
    Ladies and gentleman I give you..............the fascism of the left.
    The rest of you can enjoy pretending that scientific facts are always debatable.

Let me get this straight. If Brendan O'Carroll decided tomorrow he was going to identify as Mrs Brown in real life and considered himself a woman now. Went about dressed as Mrs Brown etc. That we would all have to play along and refer to him as her.

If we didn't we'd be considered transphobic ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

In your very last post you declared “I’m not a psychiatrist” yet here you are very confidently declaring that believing yourself to be a woman when you are in fact a man is not a mental illness.
    What medical professional qualification do you have that allows you to state that?

Like I said, I don't hold any. I rely on the opinion of professionals.

I didn’t ask you if you thought that being a biologically fully operative man dressed as and pretending to be a woman in a woman only space in the presence of a young girl was a heinous crime.
    (I cannot for the life of me imagine why you would think it was appropriate, it’s absolutely not).
    I asked you if you could understand that the father of the young girl doesn’t want a penis and testicles hidden behind a skirt near his young child in a ladies bathroom? And why he might react angrily to that scenario?
    Can you answer that ?

Of course I understand it. Prejudice isn't hard to understand.

lawlolawl wrote: »

The problem is using that person to try and attack the rights of other trans people.

Right. Well I wholeheartedly disagree with that and I disagree with your/the mod team's stance on it vehemently. I suppose that really restricts what I can say any further in an open or honest fashion pending infractions... so I guess that's me out too.

Shield.

All ye were asked was to refer to the person in question as she. That's it. Are ye that offended by the very notion of transgenderism that ye will bow out of a conversation rather than make that one concession?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Great world we live in, a very obvious pedophile with a very unsavoury taste towards young girls and they're menstruation cycles gets away with it because he has convinced a few simpletons he wants to be a woman, he's a dirty animal and should be locked up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement