Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster Bank introducing transaction charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

van_beano wrote: »
    You'd be better off getting your wages paid into a Credit Union account and then transferring it to N26. It would be cheaper.

Never thought of that, the transfer is 20c for each transfer so I’m ok with that unless they put the charge up again which they probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Sono wrote: »
    Never thought of that, the transfer is 20c for each transfer so I’m ok with that unless they put the charge up again which they probably will.

Aren't they charging 20 cent for you receiving your wages aswell and then another 20 cent transferring it to N26? If it is a weekly wage and transfer, it can all add up over the year.

Aren't they charging 20 cent for you receiving your wages aswell and then another 20 cent transferring it to N26? If it is a weekly wage and transfer, it can all add up over the year.

They are charging for both you are correct there, it’s a monthly salary so it’s not too bad for now but long term I might look to get paid into credit union.

They are charging for both you are correct there, it’s a monthly salary so it’s not too bad for now but long term I might look to get paid into credit union.

I had been spoilt by Ulster Bank with free banking for decades. I stuck by them when they brought in the "€3k in the account at all time" policy. Only jumped ship, like many others on this thread, when they made it impossible to dodge fees. With KBC now, all good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

No way to see breakdown of the charge either. Up to yourself to calculate. You'll only see overall charge in statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I see Ulster Bank also charge you for debiting your monthly charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

No way to see breakdown of the charge either. Up to yourself to calculate. You'll only see overall charge in statement

Wrong. Log into your account from a browser, statements option, look up charges and you can see the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

I got charged €18.39 yesterday for monthly fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I use my ulster bank account for wages purposes only pretty much, transfer a lump to N26 each pay day and it’s working out great, very easy to use and their app and notifications are great too.

Why not get paid into the N26 account?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Well wasn't very obvious to me. It seem they only have to provoid breakdown if greater than 10 euro. Changed to 4 euro from the 1st week in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

SSr0 wrote: »
    Wow, abandon ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Bojill wrote: »
    Wow, abandon ship!

I'm emigrating to Austria next month, so not worth while changing banks here.

I can't wait to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I can't wait to leave.

- If you wanted to hang on to a FREE Irish Current account then EBS Money Manager is the answer.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Why not get paid into the N26 account?

Employer wouldn’t allow it.

That’s a lot of usage! Crazy charge

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I can't wait to leave.

N26 will work in Austria as it does here. No need to wait until you get there and then set up a local account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

How are people who opened a KBC Current Extra account getting on?

I opened one and due to get first wages in on Friday. Plan to close Ulster Bank current account soon and get all Direct Debits and Standing Orders moved over.

Question - can I pay off my UB Credit Card from my KBC Current Account? Trying to figure out how I can achieve this.

henke wrote: »

I opened one and due to get first wages in on Friday. Plan to close Ulster Bank current account soon and get all Direct Debits and Standing Orders moved over.

Question - can I pay off my UB Credit Card from my KBC Current Account? Trying to figure out how I can achieve this.

Have been with KBC since March after moving from Ulster Bank. Experience has been ok, they have had the odd technical problems on their App but nothing catastrophic. I pay my Avantcard CC through the KBC App by setting Avantcard up as a Payee. 'tis easy to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Been all good for me. Switching was a pain but once done, it's been plain sailing.

Have been with KBC since March after moving from Ulster Bank. Experience has been ok, they have had the odd technical problems on their App but nothing catastrophic. I pay my Avantcard CC through the KBC App by setting Avantcard up as a Payee. 'tis easy to set up.

Trying to figure out how to do this. I don't seem to have an IBAN for UB credit card just a card number and need IBAN to add payee.

• Advertisement

Trying to figure out how to do this. I don't seem to have an IBAN for UB credit card just a card number and need IBAN to add payee.

Contact UB and ask them. From what I can work out is, from an Avantcard viewpoint, is that it's the same IBAN for every customer to pay into but the payments are diverted by way of the reference details added

Been using N26 account since these fees come in and I’m very happy with the account, love the instant notifications once you use your card, it’s very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Very happy with KBC. I would suggest applying for a KBC credit card, doing a balance transfer (6 months interest free) then paying it off :D

I top up my revolut card at 1,000 each month for my credit card, transfer it back to my bak account and pay 990 on my credit card
    KBC gives me 10 cash reward on my credit card because it was an online purchase... Free Money 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

All going well. Like some others, switching was a little cumbersome and not all payments made the move initially so had to do them manually.

For credit card it's best to ring UB to make sure. I'm pretty sure I got my number from Credit Card statement. Made a small transfer in initially to make sure it was right.

Do find transfers a little awkward at times on KBC. On the plus side it's super secure, but there are many stages of getting digital keys and performing validation checks (moreso if using a computer rather than the app). Transferring between Current Account and Saver account is very handy.

🤪

Can't find it written anywhere but does anyone know the max cash withdrawal amount per day on KBC Extra Current.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Can't find it written anywhere but does anyone know the max cash withdrawal amount per day on KBC Extra Current.

According to this (recent) and this (from 2 years ago but KBC's offical twitter), it's €700 max ATM withdrawal.

Great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Been with KBC for a while and found them perfectly fine, a few times wages didn't show til later in the day (once the next day) when everyone else got them in the morning
    Transfers into them are quick as well compared to some other banks
    Telephone support is also very good (guess it has to be)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys just got my charges statement for 16 euro for the month ffs.i have a n26 account so just wondering is it easy to switch my wages into my n26 and change over direct debits.i also have a overdraft with ulsterbank that i dip into only when i need it but not very often.will having overdraft make a difference.id actually like to keep it if possable.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,243 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Will have to check with your employer about getting wages paid in to it - some are a bit backward, same goes with direct debits to some Irish companies

N26 don't currently have an overdraft facility in Ireland - in the planning

Advertisement