If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tv/sound

Options
  • 10-07-2019 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a 55' tv. It's mainly for watching sport and the occasional movie. Room size is approx 4.5m x 4.5m so not sure if sound would be adequate from new tv's, if not would be open to recommendations.

Budget is around €1500 in total but could go slightly higher if required.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

caddy16 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking for a 55' tv. It's mainly for watching sport and the occasional movie. Room size is approx 4.5m x 4.5m so not sure if sound would be adequate from new tv's, if not would be open to recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Caddy16.

Thanks for the post.

If it was me I would go for the following:

LG 55C8PLA priced at 1529 Euro or £1289 sterling.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203216-lg-oled55c8pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx
    The LG above has a decent speaker setup and you may not require an extra soundbar for the room size.

Samsung also have the 55Q70R a little over budget at 1579 Euro or there is a sterling deal at £1199 which includes the £200 instant cash back offer (THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE STERLING PRICE).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203890-qe55q70r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx?swapstore=1
    The sound is also good on the QLED and agian you may not require an extra bar to fill your room.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.

Both TV's include our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Caddy16.

Thanks for the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203216-lg-oled55c8pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx
    The LG above has a decent speaker setup and you may not require an extra soundbar for the room size.

Samsung also have the 55Q70R a little over budget at 1579 Euro or there is a sterling deal at £1199 which includes the £200 instant cash back offer (THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE STERLING PRICE).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203890-qe55q70r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx?swapstore=1
    The sound is also good on the QLED and agian you may not require an extra bar to fill your room.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.

Thanks Kenny. Is there much of a picture difference between oled & qled?

Any simple cost effective (200/300 euro) sound addition that would work with these?

Also for the sterling discount on the samsung do I just purchase directly online?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Caddy16.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Kenny. Is there much of a picture difference between oled & qled?

Any simple cost effective (200/300 euro) sound addition that would work with these?

Also for the sterling discount on the samsung do I just purchase directly online?
    Hi Caddy16,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

I think the OLED is a far superior panel to the QLED. As it does not have a conventional backlight the contrast, colour brightness and sharpness are much better than the QLED. The QLED also looks a bit more washed out than the OLED.

If you're looking for a good soundbar around 300 Euro I would look at the Yamaha YAS207 which sounds incredible at 299 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

You can purchase the TV online in sterling and apply the discount voucher however if you have any issues with the transaction drop me a PM with your contact number and we can process the order over the phone.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Caddy16,

I think the OLED is a far superior panel to the QLED. As it does not have a conventional backlight the contrast, colour brightness and sharpness are much better than the QLED. The QLED also looks a bit more washed out than the OLED.

If you're looking for a good soundbar around 300 Euro I would look at the Yamaha YAS207 which sounds incredible at 299 euro:

You can purchase the TV online in sterling and apply the discount voucher however if you have any issues with the transaction drop me a PM with your contact number and we can process the order over the phone.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, appreciate the guidance. Will go with the oled. Quick question on the soundbar, older reviews seem to suggest an issue with sub losing connection are you aware of any recent issues with this?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Caddy16,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, appreciate the guidance. Will go with the oled. Quick question on the soundbar, older reviews seem to suggest an issue with sub losing connection  are you aware of any recent issues with this?
    Hi Caddy16,

We've sold a lot of these and haven't had any returned for the sub dropping out so it's not an issue I've been familiar with.

If you want to go for those drop me a PM with your contact number and I can call you to process.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Caddy16,

We've sold a lot of these and haven't had any returned for the sub dropping out so it's not an issue I've been familiar with.

If you want to go for those drop me a PM with your contact number and I can call you to process.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, a few weeks off buying as moving to new house but will be in touch.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Caddy16,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, a few weeks off buying as moving to new house but will be in touch.
    No worries Caddy16.

Drop us a post when your ready :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.