Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk X: The Long Hard Road to a Semi. MOD WARNING POSTS #1, #1474, #5707

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When is the WC rugby jersey launch..thought it was supposed to be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

When is the WC rugby jersey launch..thought it was supposed to be today.

Friday next, 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

https://i.imgur.com/LVbl5el.jpg
    Apparently this is a leak of the jersey. Same template of England's. Not entrirely sure what I make of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Apparently this is a leak of the jersey. Same template of England's. Not entrirely sure what I make of it tbh

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Just saw that on Reddit, if it's real it's very underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Looks like a poorly done throwback to the puma jersey from 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

mystic86 wrote: »
    Source?
    Just seen it on reddit. Can't be sure it's real but given it's same design as England's I'm guessing it is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Reminds me of the 07 WC jersey.

Which, y'know, nobody needs to be reminded of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hard to make out the shape of it, but design wise it’s still a huge improvement on the current jersey’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Clegg wrote: »
    Reminds me of the 07 WC jersey.

Which, y'know, nobody needs to be reminded of.

To be fair I associate all Irish rugby world cup jerseys with failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Best Irish jersey is the 2003 WC one, by a mile imo. Good colour, and understated in the right way. Peak highlights and fingerless gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Would love to see an Adidas Irish jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Would love to see an Adidas Irish jersey

Are you trying to break the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I quite like the current one we have. Although our form has been pretty poor in it NZ win aside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Seeing the leaked one I quite like it.

I said it about the England one that the simple design of it means it will last. Some jerseys really do not stand the test of time.

I think our RWC jersey will look very nice once you see it fitted and advertised.

Plain jersey with a simple design and no branding is enough for me. I will likely buy it unless it is made of that bizarre wetsuit like material the RWC'15 jersey was made from.

The updated RWC Logo is much nicer than that monstrous old IRB logo too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

salmocab wrote: »
    Are you trying to break the internet?

yep sure am, we should have played New Zealand for pink slips last time and took their Adidas sponsorship

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Here's a leaked Adidas Jersey now...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

"The Ireland Rugby World Cup jersey is more than just a jersey, it’s a source of energy. The pattern of the jersey takes inspiration from the northern lights, creating a bold and vibrant spirit for their Rugby World Cup campaign."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

That's cack tbh. Same neck as the new Munster one by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

tototoe wrote: »
    That's cack tbh. Same neck as the new Munster one by the looks of it.

I got the same impression, I wonder did the leaker actually just change the colour profile of the Munster jersey in photoshop. It probably also explains why the Jersey is sponsored by bank of Ireland when
    1. There are no sponsors on WC jerseys
    2. The Irish team is sponsored by Vodafone

But I am probably wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

errlloyd wrote: »
    I got the same impression, I wonder did the leaker actually just change the colour profile of the Munster jersey in photoshop. It probably also explains why the Jersey is sponsored by bank of Ireland when
    1. There are no sponsors on WC jerseys
    2. The Irish team is sponsored by Vodafone

But I am probably wrong.

I can't tell if the last two posts are serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭b.gud

One definitely isn't the other I'm not so sure about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I'm consistently amazed by how people can get caught up in a jersey, not just the Irish one, provincial ones too....I mean does it really matter?

I haven't thought of wearing , nevermind buying a jersey since I was about 15 :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I'm consistently amazed by how people can get caught up in a jersey, not just the Irish one, provincial ones too....I mean does it really matter?

I haven't thought of wearing , nevermind buying a jersey since I was about 15 :confused:

I love a jersey but I'm dangerously close to the "I'd better consider a polo shirt instead" age-bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Say nothing and let see where it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

Not a huge fan of the collar and cuffs.

Everything else is working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

P.Walnuts wrote: »

We're in a vacuum. The internet and sports fans on the internet abhor a vacuum. So in this particular vacuum, we fill it idiotic jersey talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I not sure I like it to be honest, I always thought the non-sponsors look a bit weird, but Ill hold off till I see it on someone. Sitting on a hanger never looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Sexton has a thumb injury and is out for at least a month. Ireland hope he might be back for the warm up game against Italy on the 10th of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

I not sure I like it to be honest, I always thought the non-sponsors look a bit weird,.

And now I feel old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement