Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Adidas have actually been doing a lot of leisurewear/training gear for GAA clubs around me and the stuff is actually really good quality, all embroidered logos and crests etc.
    Definitely Adidas and not O'Neills?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

kmart6 wrote: »
    Definitely Adidas and not O'Neills?

Definitely Adidas. Our 1/4 zips and training tips are Adidas with embroidered Adidas logo and crest. The 1/4 zip was around €45 and the training tops were €25. Obviously that's pretty much at cost but still some difference between that and what they're charging for the Leinster gear with screen printed stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Definitely Adidas. Our 1/4 zips and training tips are Adidas with embroidered Adidas logo and crest. The 1/4 zip was around €45 and the training tops were €25. Obviously that's pretty much at cost but still some difference between that and what they're charging for the Leinster gear with screen printed stuff.

Ya sure the club didn't just buy plain Adidas tops and have them embroidered themselves?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,974 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dregin wrote: »
    Ya sure the club didn't just buy plain Adidas tops and have them embroidered themselves?

Sounds like that alright

dregin wrote: »

Doubt it, all the gear is sold through thegaastore.com which stocks a lot of the Adidas club gear, for loads of different clubs. So unless thegaastore is doing it and paying for somewhere to do some high quality stitching including sponsor logos.

And also the club colours aren't really close to anything that would come as a plain Adidas top without being special order.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Speaking of other clubs (smaller) with Adidas doing their kit, have not seen these in the flesh yet so not sure if its embroidered or not.

https://m.facebook.com/Dublindogosrfc/shop_nt/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

for those interested... Stu Lancaster gives an interview on the "Coaching Corner" podcast thats well worth a listen.
    Gives a good overview of his coaching ethos and techniques.

https://castbox.fm/episode/Stuart-Lancaster%2C-Ep-74%2C-Coaching-at-Leinster-id35244-id166267606?country=ie

some things i picked up on..
    Hes coaching both attack and defense.
    He loves the on-field, in tracksuit, hands on coaching and isnt interested in ever having an overarching role like he had with England again.

heres some links hes involved in:

https://findingmastery.net/stuart-lancaster/

https://www.udemy.com/leadership-lessons-and-building-high-performing-teams/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is it worth buying that Udemy course do you reckon?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is it worth buying that Udemy course do you reckon?

if youre involved in management of teams in work spaces, or in high performance areas, or committee management......then for the sake of €11 i think you cant go wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Speaking of other clubs (smaller) with Adidas doing their kit, have not seen these in the flesh yet so not sure if its embroidered or not.

https://m.facebook.com/Dublindogosrfc/shop_nt/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Looks like it's printed onto their kit. Which would be better than the stickers.

I'm not going to pay top dollar for a blue t-shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

His team in the Prem finished 30 points behind Exeter Chiefs who couldn't make it into the final 8 in Europe.

In fairness, it's his first season - let's see if they improve next season.

But I stand by the assertion that most of the prem teams underperform given their talent and to me that's generally a coaching issue. Southern Hemisphere coaches don't always deliver in the North.

Sorry, you're coming across as an absolute spoofer, and arrogant to boot. NZ coaching is at the cutting edge of innovation and quality. I bet you didn't even know who Chris Boyd was until I mentioned him. He won the competition and got to another final with a team who had never won it before. If that's not good coaching then Ii don't know what is.

You said in ur other comment they were rubbish based on a heavy defeat that'll be three years ago by the time they meet Leinster this season. How relevant was the time Ireland got smacked by 60 points in 2012 by the ABs when they nearly beat them in 2013? Or won the 6N in 2014 and 2015? It's completely IRrelevant because it's a new coach in charge.

Maybe get some humility from somewhere. And some more rugby knowledge before posting arrogant claptrap.

mark_way wrote: »
    Sorry, you're coming across as an absolute spoofer, and arrogant to boot. NZ coaching is at the cutting edge of innovation and quality. I bet you didn't even know who Chris Boyd was until I mentioned him. He won the competition and got to another final with a team who had never won it before. If that's not good coaching then Ii don't know what is.

You said in ur other comment they were rubbish based on a heavy defeat that'll be three years ago by the time they meet Leinster this season. How relevant was the time Ireland got smacked by 60 points in 2012 by the ABs when they nearly beat them in 2013? Or won the 6N in 2014 and 2015? It's completely IRrelevant because it's a new coach in charge.

Maybe get some humility from somewhere. And some more rugby knowledge before posting arrogant claptrap.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.png

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.png

Such an arrogant spoofer, get some humility Venjur

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Venjur, you're even worse than Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Knocked off top spot. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Chris who?

Venjur, you're even worse than Buer.

I'm not vein enough to be worse than Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

Maybe I'm being unfair on Venjur? Maybe he was consistent and thought Leinster could be written off in the Heineken Cup in season 2018/2019 before the competition kicked off based on them getting humped by Wasps 51-10 three years earlier with a different coaching set-up in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Maybe I'm being unfair on Venjur? Maybe he was consistent and thought Leinster could be written off in the Heineken Cup in season 2018/2019 before the competition kicked off based on them getting humped by Wasps 51-10 three years earlier with a different coaching set-up in place?

Or maybe you could just disagree in a civil way rather than having a go. Play the ball, not the man if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well this could be an interesting day on here.

• Advertisement

I'm not vein enough to be worse than Buer.

You're Venjurous enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You've been swarmed. No alternate opinions allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Ugh, is mark_way still here?

You've been swarmed. No alternate opinions allowed.

ive yet to see an opinion which will counter venjurs original statement that Saints wont pose any problems to Leinster in next seasons CC.. which was the original point made.

Saints are definitely improving, given their winning of the inaugural premiership cup.... and reaching the play offs this year... but in the overall scheme of things they were very much "best of the rest" when it comes to premiership rugby.
    They lost as many games as they won... and one win less could have meant them finishing in 9th rather than 4th.

as for chris boyd.... he doesnt have half the talent at saints as he had with the canes. Consistency is a real problem with them and they are loosing some real experience next season. Theyve a couple of very good u20s coming through, and some hardened pros like proctor and owen franks coming in though.

A qf place is definitely within their grasp id they can take at least 9 from Benetton, but i can actually see Benetton doing a bit of a "newcastle" next season and surprising on the european stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Saints may not cause a problem for us in the group stages but with the way we were playing towards the end of the season we might have problems.

We are playing an incredibly one dimensional game plan that centres around grinding teams down with forward play on static back play. If that doesn't work we are limited in terms of a plan B.

It worked on most teams in Europe but I don't like it as a Leinster fan. Expansive rugby is what we should be aiming for and I haven't seen signs of it for 4/5 seasons regardless of winning a Champions Cup in that time.

Heymans wrote: »
    Saints may not cause a problem for us in the group stages but with the way we were playing towards the end of the season we might have problems.

We are playing an incredibly one dimensional game plan that centres around grinding teams down with forward play on static back play. If that doesn't work we are limited in terms of a plan B.

It worked on most teams in Europe but I don't like it as a Leinster fan. Expansive rugby is what we should be aiming for and I haven't seen signs of it for 4/5 seasons regardless of winning a Champions Cup in that time.

yeah.... you havent a clue....

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yeah.... you havent a clue....

Really? What about the static attack we had in the Champions Cup final? When we come across teams that are interested in fronting up we are limited. Thanks for your incisive insight.

It takes someone special to be unhappy about a season where your team won EVERY TROPHY POSSIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Do you think people are just determined to be unhappy about everything about a team they supposedly support or is it their default and they can't help it?

I pity someone of either mentality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, Leinster only scored 132 tries this season. Sad.

Side note, sickened to finish the pro14 on 99. I presume there aren't a lot of centuries in Pro14 history.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement