Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sounds like a nice mix of getting out and about and chilling at home. Hope the weather was ok for the wedding.

Being a Man U fan, I'm not allowed be happy about the result on Sat :D

They were very lucky with the weather, sun all day, just a little bit of wind, then overcast and rain that night well after all the photos were done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

200 days to go! Almost half way, I always know June 8th is the 200 mark as it's my Fathers birthday and he is 70 today so it's a biggy. Going to have a party for him later.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Lads ive all my xmas shopping done. Next have an amaxing sale on the website and are selling off xmas stock from last year. I saved 33 euro on the little ones christmas clothes.Also picked her up a hat and gloves was 18.50 reduced to 8euro. I also got her Santa gifts sorted she is mad into slides so we got her a 5ft slide from debenhams which was reduced and some little bits in fuddy duddy who also has a discount code. I got my two sisters scarfs from next and my dad a christmas jumper was 35 reduced to 13.50.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:mad: :mad:

A) You're making me stressed that I haven't all my shopping done

B) You're making me want to spend money in Next

:pac: :pac:

Haha sorry about that. Honestly though the quality in next is so good so its great to get a bargin and who dosent love a good scarf. If you type in Christmas too all the stock will come up from last year.

A) You're making me stressed that I haven't all my shopping done

B) You're making me want to spend money in Next

:pac: :pac:[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the hundreds! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Search is on for Galway Santa!
    https://connachttribune.ie/search-is-on-for-galway-santa-132/

Seriously, do you know any Santa lookalike ?
    Years ago, I had a colleague (from Kilkenny) who could have fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

otnomart wrote: »
    Seriously, do you know any Santa lookalike ?
    Years ago, I had a colleague (from Kilkenny) who could have fit the bill.

Man down the road from us! He has the full white beard, twinkle in his eye. And he is an absolute gentleman! He does drop by the local toy shop in the weeks leading up to Christmas in full outfit. The kids love him & when you see him, you legit think it's him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Man down the road from us! He has the full white beard, twinkle in his eye. And he is an absolute gentleman! He does drop by the local toy shop in the weeks leading up to Christmas in full outfit. The kids love him & when you see him, you legit think it's him!

A great excuse to let myself go when the hair goes grey/white :D

I couldnt help myself... I ordered my Christmas cards... What is actually wrong with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah Ciara I love it!!

Too cute!

Ciara, that's absolutely lovely !

Thanks everyone I always order myself one and pop it in a little frame. I love posting my Christmas cards every year

Ah they're lovely! Ramping up the cuteness factor. :D
    Where do you order them from?

I ordered them from optimalprint they have fab cards and have a discount at the moment

I went to shopping centers at the weekend that I haven't being at since Christmas and it amazed me how fast the time has gone.
    The next time I'll probably be at them will be for Christmas when they'll all be decorated!

ciara007 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone I always order myself one and pop it in a little frame. I love posting my Christmas cards every year

I love sending Christmas cards as well however has got very expensive the last few years. Spent over €50 on stamps last year :(

TRS30 wrote: »
    I love sending Christmas cards as well however has got very expensive the last few years. Spent over €50 on stamps last year :(

Same! I love Christmas cards but I find that very few people are doing them anymore.

62369504_2418942874837747_8550272360022802432_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=1252fe3c33b5395352b0a3c36d39b45b&oe=5D8364C4

• Advertisement

Just seen the YouGov poll on 50 traditional British dishes,

Key findings:
    -Mince Pies score higher than Christmas pudding
    -only 34% of 18 to 24 year olds who have ever had Christmas pudding like it, compared to 70% of the over 55s

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/food/articles-reports/2019/06/11/classic-british-cuisine-ranked-britons

Have to admit I do like most of the savouries, in fact reading the article made me crave a scotch egg !
    Would not touch jellied eels, though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A repurposed book shelf.

34hi1ag.jpg

I’m in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That’s beautiful!!

Sweet Jesus. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    A repurposed book shelf.

34hi1ag.jpg

I’m in love.

That is a work of art.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »
    A repurposed book shelf.

34hi1ag.jpg

I’m in love.

Wow, i'll take two please!

Sweet baby Jesus, that looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Is that yours Loughc? I would just sit on the floor in front of it staring at it.

I got a call on the weekend that I have to go to somewhere not very nice for three week for work. I had gotten used to not traveling and had not had to travel since Jude jnr arrived. I will be working up to the day of my leave in three weeks, first time leaving the wee one, leaving the OH to cope is pants too. Anyway I will be looking to the forum for positive vibes.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is that yours Loughc? I would just sit on the floor in front of it staring at it.

I wish. I just seen it online. Loved it, thought ya guys would appreciate it too ;)

• Advertisement

64416641_2329592550696686_5396645391179448320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=3f5da75f53ddacdcee2c745c4db55ea0&oe=5DC64BB8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement