Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graham Norton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

How Ian McKellan kept his patience with her I don’t know. I mean I’m not a huge fan of his but the dismissive way she spoke to him was unreal. After all she was married to Guy Ritchie and lived in England for a few years so she must have had at least some idea of who he was and how respected an actor he is.

Her remarks to him at the end about going to her Pride gig were so sarcastic. What a horrible self obsessed person.

As she said at the outset”I’m not used to sharing a couch”!

And those were the edited highlights? I shudder to think what the whole session must have been like 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Although for a 60 year old woman she has some body :D

Your joking right. A 60 year squeezing her boobs up like that just looks so wrong. They were nearly up to her mouth.
    Couple of over-filled water-balloons shoe-horned into a corset with a scarecrow's head parked on top. Tragic looking.

I agree. Looked terrible. Did not look very comfortable either. Sure corsets are fun to wear but not when your boobs are squeshed up like that. Just looked so wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I meant if she wasn't dressed up like a pirate hooker, and wasn't so self-obsessed (like I predicted she was going to be as soon as she came on), she wouldn't have a bad figure for her age.

Though she is an absolute poultice all things considered.

Someone that famous and rich with no husband always sets the alarm bells ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Someone putting on an eyepatch with no medical reason should be told to fook right off the show as they are an ultra idiot not worthy of wasting bandwidth on.

Or a pirate obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 66,769 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Someone that famous and rich with no husband always sets the alarm bells ringing.

The 1800's want you back. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Couple of over-filled water-balloons shoe-horned into a corset with a scarecrow's head parked on top. Tragic looking.

Nonsense. She loooks great for her age. And I don’t particularly like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Its odd that I’m defending Madonna who I don’t like at all but the eyepatch was part of her new madam x persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Himesh Patel going for the Bono style footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Why was Madonna so rude to Ian McK??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why was Madonna so rude to Ian McK??

She's just rude full stop.
    She doesn't seem to realise or be able tostop herself from saying inappropriate comments.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    She's just rude full stop.
    She doesn't seem to realise or be able tostop herself from saying inappropriate comments.

She's obnoxious. Thought she was particularly rude to Ian as opposed to the rest of the guests. Ian mck is very cool :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ian McKellens longstanding best-buds friendship with Patrick Stewart warms the cockles of my heart every time I read about their adventures. Two of the nicest, most genuine gentlemen in Hollywood. Being fantastic actors to boot helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ian McKellens longstanding best-buds friendship with Patrick Stewart warms the cockles of my heart every time I read about their adventures. Two of the nicest, most genuine gentlemen in Hollywood. Being fantastic actors to boot helps too.

One of my favourite episodes of the Graham Norton Show is with the two of them plus Hugh Jackman. It's just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

I thought Madonna was not only egotistical but also very boring. And the eye-patch that didn't cover the eye ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

physioman wrote: »
    Looks like she finds it hard to breathe.
    Probably a lot to do with the over tight corset that shoved her boobs into her chin when she sat down.
    Although for a 60 year old woman she has some body :D
    Probably a lot to do with the over tight corset that shoved her boobs into her chin when she sat down.
    Charlie19 wrote: »
    She doesn't come across very nice.
    Probably a lot to do with the over tight corset....oh you get the picture by now!

What a gentlemen McKellen is. He'd have been within his rights to give her a good slap for her obnoxious unprovoked rudeness.

Now THAT would have been good TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,803 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I'd prefer to see Sir Ian's residency than Pirate Mads

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I agree she looked ridiculous. I also think that she had heard from other previous guests how hilarious the show and its host can be at times, and she came on with the express intention of deliberately not finding anything funny, reacting with disdain to most of the humour.
    Waste of couch space.

She looks horrendous. Hate criticising women's appearances but she looks a state. I got the feeling she was uncomfortable in her outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Only watching this now. She is utterly obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tom Hanks is such a good guest.

A treasure.

Tom Holland's attempt at facial hair was impressive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tom Hanks is such a good guest.

A treasure.

Tom Holland's attempt at facial hair was impressive :D

I'M BATMAN!!!! :pac:

Stormzy has definitely had a few scoops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Charlie19 wrote: »
    She doesn't come across very nice.

She isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Shelga wrote: »
    Tom Holland seems like an insufferable precocious brat. Who needs to buy socks ASAP.

Harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was probably the best episode of the season apart from Gwenyty Paltrow, she's an awful gowl. It was a lot more organic instead of the forced 'tell me the hilarious story of this' which seems to be Graham's main interview technique

The part where Tom Holland said him and Jake were best friends on and off set was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Only watching this now. She is utterly obnoxious.

She's some weapon alright. She couldn't be any further up her own arse.

She's some weapon alright. She couldn't be any further up her own arse.

She comes across as very unlikeable, she's in 6 or 7 marvel films which is probably the biggest film franchise at the moment yet she doesn't know what marvel films she has been in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I can't stand the woman. Her "Goop" garbage which is just trading off her fame and selling overpriced rubbish. F*cking rejuvination stickers from NASA? C'mon. I know, I know. fools and their money etc. But predatory businesses like this wind me up.

Having said that, I would give ANYTHING to see Tom Hanks yell "I'm Batman" in full costume. Hahahahaha. Please somebody fake that...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,803 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Stormzy has definitely had a few scoops

I just don't get his "grime" music

I want Hanks saying Batman for my phone as a tone :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here's a strange one... despite the cast of hobbs and shaw appearing of gramham norton show, Jason Statham has never appeared once on the show.

Advertisement