Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Ireland Bill

Options
  • 28-05-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi 

I bought a house in October 2018.  The house was a bank sale and has been unoccupied for a few years.  (house is still unoccupied as it uninhabital in its current condition).   I signed up for an account with Electric Ireland in March 2019  and just received my first bill.     It states the last 28 bills were estimated and that I owe 1811.36!!
    I called electric Ireland they said (long story short) I am liable as the bill is now in my name? I have the current meter the meter reading from the house closing and the meter reading from March.    Surely I am only liable for bills for March as this is when I signed up.  There is no power currently being used in the house as work has not commenced. 

TIA 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Dublinchic wrote: »
    Hi 

I bought a house in October 2019.  The house was a bank sale and has been unoccupied for a few years.  (house is still unoccupied as it uninhabital in its current condition).   I signed up for an account with Electric Ireland in March 2019  and just received my first bill.     It states the last 28 bills were estimated and that I owe 1811.36!!
    I called electric Ireland they said (long story short) I am liable as the bill is now in my name? I have the current meter the meter reading from the house closing and the meter reading from March.    Surely I am only liable for bills for March as this is when I signed up.  There is no power currently being used in the house as work has not commenced. 

TIA 
    you should be able to show them something such as a sales agreement, and be liable for everything after that date. On a sidenote, Electric Ireland are a joke I am currently on hold with them being passed from department to department!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

sheriff2 wrote: »
    you should be able to show them something such as a sales agreement, and be liable for everything after that date. On a sidenote, Electric Ireland are a joke I am currently on hold with them being passed from department to department!

They have no chance of enforcing that. Go through complaints and get it sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi 

I bought a house in October 2018.  The house was a bank sale and has been unoccupied for a few years.  (house is still unoccupied as it uninhabital in its current condition).   I signed up for an account with Electric Ireland in March 2019  and just received my first bill.     It states the last 28 bills were estimated and that I owe 1811.36!!

TIA 
    Hi Dublinchic,

If you send us a private message we can take a look here in this department.

In the message, please confirm the relevant Electric Ireland account number, state for GDPR that you are the account-holder, and confirm your name, address and the telephone number on the account.

We will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

sheriff2 wrote: »
    Hi 

I bought a house in October 2019.  The house was a bank sale and has been unoccupied for a few years.  (house is still unoccupied as it uninhabital in its current condition).   I signed up for an account with Electric Ireland in March 2019  and just received my first bill.     It states the last 28 bills were estimated and that I owe 1811.36!!

TIA 
    Hi sheriff2,

If you would like us to review the query here in this department, do send us a private message confirming the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating for GDPR that you are the account-holder, and confirming your name, address, the telephone number on the account, and the details of your query.

We will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublinchic

Hi 

TIA 
    Hi Dublinchic,t.

In the message, please confirm the relevant Electric Ireland account number, state for GDPR that you are the account-holder, and confirm your name, address and the telephone number on the account.

We will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una
    I sent you a pm with all the details.  Can you let me know if you received it?  Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Dublinchic, 

We have responded to your private message.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement