If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG wifi issue

• 13-05-2019 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Got the LG49UK6400PLF from yourselves about 6 months ago.

Since yesterday the tv just refuses to connect to wifi. Was watching something on netflix and it just disconnected.
    All other devices, tablets, phones, other smart tv no problems, just this tv for some reason.
    Tried switching tv off at the wall for a while. Same with modem.
    It did reconnect this morning after entering the wifi password twice in a row, but disconnected again after 20 minutes of netflix.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Jacovs wrote: »
    Hi guys

Since yesterday the tv just refuses to connect to wifi. Was watching something on netflix and it just disconnected.
    All other devices, tablets, phones, other smart tv no problems, just this tv for some reason.
    It did reconnect this morning after entering the wifi password twice in a row, but disconnected again after 20 minutes of netflix.

Hi Jacovs,

I'm sorry to hear you;re having issues with your TV.

The first thing I would do is give LG a call directly on 01 686 9454

This may be a software issue that can be fixed over the phone. If it can't be fixed please let me know and I can arrange to have an enginner come to you to inspect.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Hi Jacovs,

This may be a software issue that can be fixed over the phone. If it can't be fixed please let me know and I can arrange to have an enginner come to you to inspect.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

Also tried a reset, but still no luck.
    Seen online a fix is to try switching the time and date from automatic to manual, but that didnt work either.

After entering the wifi password 5 times last night it did connect for about 20 minutes and then went again.

Will give LG a call and let you know.

Hi Jacovs,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

Also tried a reset, but still no luck.
    Seen online a fix is to try switching the time and date from automatic to manual, but that didnt work either.

After entering the wifi password 5 times last night it did connect for about 20 minutes and then went again.

Will give LG a call and let you know.
    No problem Jacovs, keep me posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I have a similar issue with an LGTV. Couldn't resolve it, but a workaround is to connect with an ethernet cable (or use a wifi repeater with an ethernet cable if not near the modem) - for some reason this works without any trouble. Let me know if you find out any more.

Danny2580 wrote: »
    I have a similar issue with an LGTV. Couldn't resolve it, but a workaround is to connect with an ethernet cable (or use a wifi repeater with an ethernet cable if not near the modem) - for some reason this works without any trouble. Let me know if you find out any more.
    Thanks for the post Danny2580!

• Advertisement

Thanks Danny.

Am aware of this workaround and have a set of home plugs if needed, but would rather try to resolve while inside guarantee incase wifi is ever an only option in future.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Danny.

Am aware of this workaround and have a set of home plugs if needed, but would rather try to resolve while inside guarantee incase wifi is ever an only option in future.
    Hey Jacovs.

Did you drop LG a call on the number supplied above incase they know of an issue or of a settings change.
    The LG team should know the product inside out and might have had to deal with this issue before.

Let us know what they say and we can go from there.

Hey Jacovs.

Did you drop LG a call on the number supplied above incase they know of an issue or of a settings change.
    The LG team should know the product inside out and might have had to deal with this issue before.

Hi Kenny

Didnt ring them yet because it seems to be working fine again. Figured there might not be much point in ringing them while its working if they need to troubleshoot the problem.
    After resetting the tv there was some updates though, netflix app and such updated. Maybe the tv itself updated too? No idea but I have the number now if it happens again.

Thanks Guys

Hey Jacovs.

Hi Kenny

Didnt ring them yet because it seems to be working fine again. Figured there might not be much point in ringing them while its working if they need to troubleshoot the problem.
    After resetting the tv there was some updates though, netflix app and such updated. Maybe the tv itself updated too? No idea but I have the number now if it happens again.

Thanks Guys
    No problem Jacovs.

Keep an eye on it and if you still get issues let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Hi guys

Just in case you have virgin media internet, a recent update to your router may have caused it.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057871087/7#post110197353

• Advertisement

derekbro wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just in case you have virgin media internet, a recent update to your router may have caused it.

Thanks for that derekbro.

I do indeed, thank you. Will give that a read.

I do indeed, thank you. Will give that a read.
    No problem Jacovs.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

If using Virgin Media, log in to your router and give your 2.4GHZ and 5.0GHZ Networks different names. Lots of LG's flitter between the two otherwise, due to some sort of bug. This resolved my issue, I now connect to the 2.4GHZ with no issues.

If using Virgin Media, log in to your router and give your 2.4GHZ and 5.0GHZ Networks different names. Lots of LG's flitter between the two otherwise, due to some sort of bug. This resolved my issue, I now connect to the 2.4GHZ with no issues.
    Cheers for the info Danny2580.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.