Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016 Zafira Tourer 1.4TSI or Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.2 PureTech

Options
  • 07-05-2019 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We currently have 2 cars and both are quite old
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6HDI 2008 200KM's
    Mondeo 2007 1.6 Petrol 200KM's engine light and back brake issue.

The Citroen has been such a work horse for us we have 3 kids under 6 so need all the space. It gave issues last year with the drive shaft but got it fixed was expensive though.

We've moved house and now do not have a need for a diesel anymore
    Recently I'be been thinking of changing the Mondeo to a Petrol MPV. After alot of research I've come the conclision of importing either a petrol zafira tourer or Citroen C4GP from the UK.
    I'd be looking to spend around 16K to Max 18K

The reason behind changing the Mondeo is that it is giving issues and the Citroen is going really well both are pretty much worthless though to anyone else. When the time comes to changed the C4GP I'd hope to get a Leaf second hand as that car does hardly any mileage at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

Can't speak for the petrol specifically but we have a 2.0 CDTI Zafira Tourer. Great car all round but find the middle row of seats is tight with 3 kids in seats. The middle seat is not the same width as the outer 2 and clipping in seat belts is tight. We are planning on changing soon for a number of reasons but this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

The Zafira Tourer is not rated to take a Child Seat in the middle of the 2nd row. I confirmed that with Opel at the time of me looking at ones some years back. I initially got that information from the Manual of the Car. If you search boards I think I might have even posted the page from the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Yeah when googling it found out about that. Any one know what the pure tech engine that Citroen use is like reliability wise

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Yeah when googling it found out about that. Any one know what the pure tech engine that Citroen use is like reliability wise

Supposed to be a good engine, apparently won a few awards.my take on this small capacity, turbo charged engines is that it will work harder to move the mass that is the C4GP.. Being a relatively new engine, only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

Hi,

We currently have 2 cars and both are quite old
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 1.6HDI 2008 200KM's
    Mondeo 2007 1.6 Petrol 200KM's engine light and back brake issue.

The Citroen has been such a work horse for us we have 3 kids under 6 so need all the space. It gave issues last year with the drive shaft but got it fixed was expensive though.

We've moved house and now do not have a need for a diesel anymore
    Recently I'be been thinking of changing the Mondeo to a Petrol MPV. After alot of research I've come the conclision of importing either a petrol zafira tourer or Citroen C4GP from the UK.
    I'd be looking to spend around 16K to Max 18K

The reason behind changing the Mondeo is that it is giving issues and the Citroen is going really well both are pretty much worthless though to anyone else. When the time comes to changed the C4GP I'd hope to get a Leaf second hand as that car does hardly any mileage at all.
    I'd be getting another Citroen if you are happy with them. Their comfort is far superior. I would also be going a diesel as you will need the extra grind to move a car of that size around. A 1.2 is going to be very dead.

• Advertisement

It really wouldn't do the mileage to justify a diesel. Mostly 10 to 20 min journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

mengele wrote: »
    I'd be getting another Citroen if you are happy with them. Their comfort is far superior. I would also be going a diesel as you will need the extra grind to move a car of that size around. A 1.2 is going to be very dead.

Has 130bhp so might be ok for the OPs use case. It's used in the new Peugeot 5008, which looks more bulky and blocky

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

It really wouldn't do the mileage to justify a diesel. Mostly 10 to 20 min journeys

But the mileage in both ur other cars is fairly high? Is deck drive both in petrol and diesel.

We moved house and now drive/commute a lot less.
    Intrested in opinions of the 1.3 petrol engine. Does any other manufacturer do a car that in petrol that takes 3 accross the back with a huge booth and potential to take others in the booth. The Smax Galaxy and Alahmbra are all out of the price range really.
    The Cmax is smaller than C4GP. The Puegot 5008 doesnt seem to have a petrol engine in this range. There is the Kia Carens but that looks small.

Advertisement