Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage a/c review and Calculation error by BOI

• 10-04-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a letter from BOI to say they had charged the incorrect since 2017 and I owed €692.85 or if I wanted to pay a lump sum I could pay €580.24. ( No explanation to say what happened in 2017 )

One of the options was to pay an additional €2.52 a month for the reminder of the mortgage, or add an additional month to the end of the mortgage
    As part of this you gave a compensation amount of €0.05 !

I mailed BOI on the 4th April asking for my correspondence to be handled as a complaint, and they only replied asking me to contact the 0818 phone number, and did not acknowledge my correspondence. However, I want to communicate by e-mail, and to also have everything in writing

Under the consumer protection code, my complaint has not yet been acknowledged within 5 business days ( today being day 5) which would be a CPC breach !

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

scuby wrote: »
    Hi,

I received a letter from BOI to say they had charged the incorrect since 2017 and I owed €692.85 or if I wanted to pay a lump sum I could pay €580.24. ( No explanation to say what happened in 2017 )

One of the options was to pay an additional €2.52 a month for the reminder of the mortgage, or add an additional month to the end of the mortgage
    As part of this you gave a compensation amount of €0.05 !

I mailed BOI on the 4th April asking for my correspondence to be handled as a complaint, and they only replied asking me to contact the 0818 phone number, and did not acknowledge my correspondence. However, I want to communicate by e-mail, and to also have everything in writing

Under the consumer protection code, my complaint has not yet been acknowledged within 5 business days ( today being day 5) which would be a CPC breach !

Cheers

Hi scuby,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We are very sorry if you feel that your complaint was not addressed. Our complaints department do not communicate via email and we would be unable to accept a complaint through email as this would not be a secure channel. For security reasons we would not be in a position to discuss or disclose account sensitive information through email.

For our complaints process and to submit your complaint please see here. Please be assured that one of our investigators would be happy to look into your complaint and respond to you directly in accordance with CPC guidelines.

Please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

tried completing the complaint online form, but keeps saying I have used a special character, which I checked and re-checked and there was none...painful

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

You can't accept a complaint via email but think doing it over the phone is safer? That sounds quite bizarre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

canonball5 wrote: »
    You can't accept a complaint via email but think doing it over the phone is safer? That sounds quite bizarre!

Too easy to complain by email, gotta make it as difficult as possible.

tried completing the complaint online form, but keeps saying I have used a special character, which I checked and re-checked and there was none...painful

Thanks for the information. When submitting your complaint through the online form this will only accept letters, numbers, comas or full stops. Anything other than this will be considered as a special character and would prevent the complaint form from being submitted online.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Thanks for the information. When submitting your complaint through the online form this will only accept letters, numbers, comas or full stops. Anything other than this will be considered as a special character and would prevent the complaint form from being submitted online.

Thanks Jen

Only used letters, numbers, commas, full stops etc
    I had mailed my complaint to the generic address on the 4.4.2019, and was told the mortgage query could only be queried by phone, and my complaint has not been processed by the bank, under the consumer protection code.

I have not received an acknowledgement of same within 5 days under cpc, see section 10.9 of the cpc 2012

Not accepting a complaint by email is complete rubbish, as this is considered a durable medium when communicating between a customer and financial institution.

Can you please provide an email address for me to forward my query/complaint

Retyped complaint online again this morning, no special characters and still not being accepted!

Retyped complaint online again this morning, no special characters and still not being accepted!

Only used letters, numbers, commas, full stops etc
    I had mailed my complaint to the generic address on the 4.4.2019, and was told the mortgage query could only be queried by phone, and my complaint has not been processed by the bank, under the consumer protection code.

I have not received an acknowledgement of same within 5 days under cpc, see section 10.9 of the cpc 2012

Not accepting a complaint by email is complete rubbish, as this is considered a durable medium when communicating between a customer and financial institution.

Can you please provide an email address for me to forward my query/complaint

Thanks for getting back to us here. In this instance if you are unable to submit your complaint online it will be necessary to do this through the address or phone number provided on the link. As per our Boards charter we are unable to escalate complaints here and we do not have an email address for complaints.  Just to mention when your complaint has been received through the appropriate channels it will then be logged and responded to within the specified timeframes.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement