Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there an opening for an "Apology Consultant"

• 01-04-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Could be the next big Career move,when the IT Bubble finally deflates ?

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/channel-4-apologises-following-jon-snows-comments-after-brexit-day-protests-37966474.html
    Speaking at the end of the programme on College Green, where congregations of anti-Brexit campaigners have spent months shouting during outside broadcasts, Mr Snow said: "It's been the most extraordinary day. A day which has seen ... I have never seen so many white people in one place, it's an extraordinary story.

"There are people everywhere, there are crowds everywhere."

Shocking stuff altogether,which galvanized the legions of the offended,into action.
    The remarks drew criticism online from some viewers who described Mr Snow's comments about "white people" as unnecessary.

Quite....

Presumably,the regulator/censor,will have had to draft in additional letter-steamers to deal with the vast torrent of complaints...Yes ??

Well,maybe not,as in a rare moment of Irishness,Ofcom sez "ah shure'n it can wait till Mundah"
    A spokesman for the regulator Ofcom said they would have to wait until Monday to say how many complaints - if any - had been registered regarding the incident.

A spokesman said: "We will assess any complaints we do receive before deciding whether or not to investigate."

With a bit of luck "Outraged,of Tunbridge Wells" will have the same luck as "Offended,of Tubbercurry" had with Stephen Fry......:eek:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/969956/gardai-drop-blasphemy-probe-against-stephen-fry-as-they-cant-find-enough-outraged-people/

:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

What?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Shirley, that's just a complaints department?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

*Sigh*

I'm tired. Someone put up a random gif for me please.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I've just apologized to myself for reading the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Candie wrote: »

Did you accept the apology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Candie wrote: »

Thats racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

The OP is one of those people that launches straight in to conversation about whatever has been on their mind without considering the other person has no clue what they're talking about.

Total lack of awareness.

I think the OP cut and paste random comments off Boards and put them into a new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Snow unwittingly linked a congregation of white people with police dogs, angry atmosphere, and no confirmed arrests. I think that is what the kippers reacted to as much as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I never, ever, apologise.

I'm sorry, that's just the way I am.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Did you accept the apology?

I did, it was very eloquently done. If I do say so myself. :P
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thats racist

And nobody can stop me!

Snow unwittingly linked a congregation of white people with police dogs, angry atmosphere, and no confirmed arrests. I think that is what the kippers reacted to as much as anything.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

*Sigh*

I'm tired. Someone put up a random gif for me please.

Et4b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

In this apology ridden world of today, there is probably a need for such a consultant. If a person said something that offended somebody, or an ethnic minority, and failed to apologise, then they would need the consultant to do damage limitation. He would probably advise them to apologise for not apologising in the first place. Or maybe issue a blanket apology in advance of any statement. So sorry if this offends anybody, I do apologise.

Advertisement