Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clutch release bearing

Options
  • 11-03-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

If this is going, are you automatically looking at a new clutch?

Car is a 2011 Ford Smax with 66000 miles. On original clutch.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

No, but your paying for all that labour to whip the box out anyway so the clutch is commonly done and worth it in the long run to throw a new one in while they're at it.

Extra 100/200 euro maybe. I'm just pulling that price off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Not many places would do the job without a new clutch being included

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's a bit low on the price there. I'd say €400 and up, depending on difficulty of job on that particular car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks all.
    It makes sense to do it all at the same time I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Hal1 wrote: »
    That's a bit low on the price there. I'd say €400 and up, depending on difficulty of job on that particular car.

I meant 100/200 extra on top of what he'd already be paying for baring replacement + labour.

OP, Not sure where your located but I fond Walkinstown clutch and gearbox quite good on prices and turn around time can be very quick. Worth a call at least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement