Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charged €13 to take £30 out at a bank of Scotland ATM ?

• 11-02-2019 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi I’m a BOI customer I just withdrew £30 out of a bank of Scotland ATM and the total charge In euro on my 365 account is 47.00 ?? How can that be right ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi I’m a BOI customer I just withdrew £30 out of a bank of Scotland ATM and the total charge In euro on my 365 account is 47.00 ?? How can that be right ?

Hi LizzeyBennett,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. When the transaction debits your account this will show as the amount you withdrew along with the conversion rate applied for that day. Please note that cross border handling fees are also applicable. Please see here for Visa Debit Card charges.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You need to get yourself a Revolut account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LizzeyBenett

Gooser14 wrote: »
    You need to get yourself a Revolut account.

I do and used the bank card instead lesson learned ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LizzeyBenett

Hi LizzeyBennett,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. When the transaction debits your account this will show as the amount you withdrew along with the conversion rate applied for that day. Please note that cross border handling fees are also applicable. Please see here for Visa Debit Card charges.

Thanks Jen

I was charged more than the maximum charge according to that link ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I was charged more than the maximum charge according to that link ??

Hi LizzeyBenett,

From reviewing your original post, €47 does not sound right for a £30 ATM withdrawal. Would you have made any other withdrawals or paid at a point of sale? When the transaction has fully processed it will show a breakdown of the amount withdrawn and the rate applied and the cross border handling fee will be listed as a separate debit. After this, if you need the transaction checked further you can do this using the Ask a Question option in the Service Desk on 365 Online.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Get a Revolut as mentioned. Avoid a bad exchange rate as well BOI border gouging charge.

Advertisement