Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to cancel but on hold for 1hr 21mins to 1901

• 07-02-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi All,

This really is an absolute disgrace. All I am looking to do is to cancel my Eir mobile contract and yesterday I sat waiting on hold for 1hr 21mins before eventually having to give up and hang up.

I tried the click to chat and explained to them that I was sitting on hold for that long to 1901 but there advice was continually to call 1901 to speak with a manager.

I have rang again today and the automated message advised there was a wait time of over 30mins. I can not sit on the phone waiting that long. I urgently need someone to cancel my eir mobile immediately.

Can you someone from Eir please urgently advise on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Hi All,

This really is an absolute disgrace. All I am looking to do is to cancel my Eir mobile contract and yesterday I sat waiting on hold for 1hr 21mins before eventually having to give up and hang up.

I tried the click to chat and explained to them that I was sitting on hold for that long to 1901 but there advice was continually to call 1901 to speak with a manager.

I have rang again today and the automated message advised there was a wait time of over 30mins. I can not sit on the phone waiting that long. I urgently need someone to cancel my eir mobile immediately.

Dont hold your breath, i have been trying to cancel for weeks, just got a bill and will laugh at them till the cows come home

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

Still waiting - what a joke of a service.

I'll be using this to get on to Com Reg

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057953470

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I was considering their service. But these reports have put me off. 

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I was considering their service. But these reports have put me off. 

I wouldn't touch them if I were you - regularly allowing customers to sit on hold for over an hour - not allowing customers to cancel via the online click to chat. Absolute joke.  

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

left the two years ago. current provider(using same infrastructure) is so good i have forgotton their name
    the op needs to email the complaints email as outlined in Martian Martins link. Also state that your cancellation date on the email, why cancelling ant that you are out of contract/or rolling monthly contract. Then cancel all payments to eir(direct debit etc).once is sure the email is not bouncing,
    and ignore all future eir corresponse or just fire off emails to the complaint address if eir keep sending bills

I think cancelling the direct debit might be the only way to actually get these people on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

I think cancelling the direct debit might be the only way to actually get these people on the phone.
    Won't work, they will just send out bills and letters(and maybe a debt collection letter), i just ignored mine, as was in the right, and they never went further.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Eir are a far cry from meteor.
    I remember Calling meteor and you'd wait 3 minutes maximum.

They'ed always get your issue sorted over the phone.
    With eir I find you've to jump through hoops and bounds just to get some simple change.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Same here just can’t get to cancel eir, it’s crazy stuff can’t get through on phone or chat , by god I’ll never go near them again (if I can ever get away)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

glwaymiko wrote: »
    Same here just can’t get to cancel eir, it’s crazy stuff can’t get through on phone or chat , by god I’ll never go near them again (if I can ever get away)

One hour twenty mins today it took to get through
    Tried offering loads of offers, but I stood firm

30days notice submitted
    Cannot wait to be shot of them
    Even sky provide a better service for broadband!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 concat1

Hi All,

I know how that feels, I am a month without my landline now and have made over 70 phone calls and complaints and only keep on being left on hold and if someone answers then they will pass you on to another department who will put you on hold again and then disconnect you and you will have to start the process all over again.  This afternoon I have made 12 calls to them and still did not get to talk to anyone.  They are a shambles of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

Has anyone tried this. I cant get any further.

3rd day of attempting to get through with no response after 41mins - no response here from any of the Eir reps either.

do any of the reps from eir check these boards still?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Reminds me of this episode of friends where Phoebe is on hold for hours....

Kate: Ya know, I gave up a part on a soap for this.
    Joey: Wow! Yeah I, uh, I gave up a job too.
    Kate: Really? What?
    Joey: Uh, de-clawing cats.

Joey: Hey, Pheebs, where were ya?
    Phoebe: I'm so, so, so sorry, Joey. I am definitely gonna see your play, I swear. Your play is very important to us. Thank you for your patience. Your play is the next play I'm gonna see.

Joey: What's going on? What's this about L.A.?
    Kate: They still want me for General Hospital.
    Joey: But... but what about us?
    Kate: Last night was wonderful. But I can't stay here just for you.
    Joey: Well, so... stay for the museums!

Monica: Phoebe, it's been two days.
    Phoebe: Yeah, I know. Oh, good thing it's one of those 801 numbers, right?
    Ross: Phoebe, 800 is toll free. 801 is... is Utah.
    Phoebe: No, no, no, oh no, it has to be 800. Because all those big companies have 800 numbers, every.... Yeah, every big Utah-based company has one.
    All: Hang it up! Hang up the phone!
    Phoebe: Fine, fine! Uh oh!
    Monica: What?
    Phoebe: Well, I think I broke it. But that's all right, here's the number you can call.

never thought of the cost of 1901 - is it a low cost number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

3rd day of attempting to get through with no response after 41mins - no response here from any of the Eir reps either.

You will need to hold a lot longer than that at the moment. Usually 1-2hrs hours before you get through if ringing between 9am & 5pm.
    (Best time I found to ring is just after 8am)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

do any of the reps from eir check these boards still?

To be fair they do when they can but they have limited ability to solve/answer everyone's problem on boards.

Sorry but expecting people to wait 1-2 hours on hold to cancel their account is utterly taking the piss.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Purplej

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/notice_letter.doc

You are much better off sending a registered letter to Eir right now.
    There is a reason Eir even creates a template for this LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

I rang because my bill went up by 10euros and wanted to ask why  I was on hold for about 30 minutes and decided to try the Web chat (another disaster)  They told me that my deal was up and eir decided to charge me 10 euros extra for this month and next month it would be 78 euros. I told them to cancel my contract he told me he couldn't that I would have to ring customer care who I was still on the phone to by the way to cancel  I looked for offers on the Internet and got sky for 30 euros for twelve months with the added bonus of them sorting out cancelling eir for me happy out

No Eir reps at all, no?

Tried again today - waiting 49mins on hold before I got a message saying "We are experiencing issues connecting to our customer services" and then it hung up.

As I am trying to cancel with them but they are simply not answering at what point does this become straight up theft of the monthly direct debit?

another hour wasted on hold again today - what a f8cking joke

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sd2011

Currently on hold 1 hour 16 minutes...absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi Martian Martin

As we continue to make many improvements to our contact centres, we are recruiting and training our teams across our new sites in Cork, Limerick and Sligo. These changes will result in a better experience for eir’s customers in the long term.   

While we go through this transition, we are facing longer than normal wait times in our Customer Care call centres, we appreciate your patience during this time.

You can find more information on cancellations here

Many thanks

~ Linzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Ah, yet another tinned reply.

<snip>

Amazing how it is practically impossible to engage in any sort of communication with a communications company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

7 days to get a reply on this! Madness!

Advertisement