Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

another 30 mins on hold then disconnected. 
    I suppose in fairness, I am the stupid one here. Time to write the disconnect me please letter and send it to Eir in the snailmail. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

LOL, 46 mins on hold and then "we are experiencing difficulties in connecting to our customer service representatives" and then it disconnected me.

If people google EIR problems and get this thread they'd never sign up to these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

im pretending to myself im playing a game, how long can you wait... after currently on 1hr 46 minutes on hold....

[update] moral support needed, now on 2hrs 17mins

[update 2] at 2hrs 37mins I got suspicious about opening hours to asked some dude on chat who just told me they closed this 1800 303 733 number at 5pm (2hrs 40mins ago). Yet their system cant actually tell me this and disconnect me?
    This is supposed to be a TeleCOMMUNICATION company isnt it?

Thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Alan666 wrote: »
    im pretending to myself im playing a game, how long can you wait... after currently on 1hr 46 minutes on hold....

[update 2] at 2hrs 37mins I got suspicious about opening hours to asked some dude on chat who just told me they closed this 1800 303 733 number at 5pm (2hrs 40mins ago). Yet their system cant actually tell me this and disconnect me?

Thats it

You should have kept going. See if you could get 12 hours 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thats it
    Who told you to ring that number or was it a text with the number?
    Because they can only cancel a pending account.

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »

Thats it

You should have kept going. See if you could get 12 hours 😂
    Im in shock. Phoned 9am today, it rang once, guy picks up. I need a drink

fritzelly wrote: »

Thats it
    Who told you to ring that number or was it a text with the number?
    Because they can only cancel a pending account.
    It wasnt about a cancellation, it was about signing up for a fibre package, KN Network guy calls to house, says box outside not activated cant complete, and not idea of ETA as not his area. Told to ring that number. 
    Interestingly a new install date given but no mention of the elephant in the room ie. no active box outside. And unfortuantely as its a new connection no other provider have the located marked as connectable so have to keep with Eir for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I rue the day this shower knocked on my door

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Go nuts people

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaillimh2010

Go nuts people
    Seems to be a running theme now on the Joe Duffy show too. Heard a little bit of it yesterday and folks seemed to be comparing how long they spent on hold in that twilight zone known as Eir customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Oh. So this is a thing. Well, dammit!!! I was wondering wtf was going on. Cannot get in touch with these buggers. Wonder can I just cancel direct debit from my bank? Is that possible. This is terrible, Eir you should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paul043

nothing worse than waiting 30 mins to speak to someone to try and stay with the company only then to get transferred and have the line drop. at this point its easier to make the switch to a different company. 

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Zorya wrote: »
    Oh. So this is a thing. Well, dammit!!! I was wondering wtf was going on. Cannot get in touch with these buggers. Wonder can I just cancel direct debit from my bank? Is that possible. This is terrible, Eir you should be ashamed.
    qcqwcdqw

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Oh you'd better believe it's a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

Im not an Eir customer but was in their shop yesterday,was looking at info for changing from sky to eir for tv and broadband. Was quite happy with what they were offering and had kinda made up my mind to switch.......then i found this thread!

To all the effected posters....cant you cancel your direct debit at the bank.Its mentioned above they have a penalty for this but how can they collect it if they have no access to your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

ciarano wrote: »
    They will charge you an Unpaid direct debit fee of €18.45 on to your next bill even if you cancel with the Bank ,I cant get through to Eir either
    This is impossible. I feel like I've been finally trapped by one of those online scam artists, or foreign Princes who now have access to my bank account. When I took on the plan a year ago, I was told that when it increases to ''just give us a ring'' and make a new deal....and now I am stuck with 77 euros plus some loose change leaving my bank every month for shagging broadband and a measly ol phone line so my mother can phone me when the mobile reception is poor. It's a total scam now. They must be laughing at us stupid suckers stuck paying so much for damn broadband and now not able to contact them to cancel it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

This is impossible. I feel like I've been finally trapped by one of those online scam artists, or foreign Princes who now have access to my bank account. When I took on the plan a year ago, I was told that when it increases to ''just give us a ring'' and make a new deal....and now I am stuck with 77 euros plus some loose change leaving my bank every month for shagging broadband and a measly ol phone line so my mother can phone me when the mobile reception is poor. It's a total scam now. They must be laughing at us stupid suckers stuck paying so much for damn broadband and now not able to contact them to cancel it....

Cancel the direct debit at the bank,they will have no access to take any penalties/bills or anything then.
    This thread is very frustrating and im not even with Eir! Getting a reply from Eir reps on here saying to contact customer service in making the situation worse i imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HappyScribbling

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To our customers[/font]

We are experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres which is also affecting availability on Web chat. We are aware that call waiting times are longer than usual and appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique,]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Our apologies for this inconvenience

eir Customer Care
    I couldn't be more unhappy with the lack of response from Eir customer service. I spent 1 to 2 hours this week trying to get some resolution to my voicemail being blocked. The Chat person clearly wasn't aware of the problem I was highlighting, and continued to give me useless options. The only reason I continued the chat was because it was so difficult to get any phone response or chat response...
    The works part of it All is I missed a very important funeral, as I returned from Austrailia, I knew I had messages, but couldn't check them....Gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HappyScribbling

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To our customers[/font]

We are experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres which is also affecting availability on Web chat. We are aware that call waiting times are longer than usual and appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique,]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Our apologies for this inconvenience

eir Customer Care
    I couldn't be more unhappy with the lack of response from Eir customer service. I spent 1 to 2 hours this week trying to get some resolution to my voicemail being blocked. The Chat person clearly wasn't aware of the problem I was highlighting, and continued to give me useless options. The only reason I continued the chat was because it was so difficult to get any phone response or chat response...
    The works part of it All is I missed a very important funeral, as I returned from Austrailia, I knew I had messages, but couldn't check them....Gutted
    And having said all that, I still tried 3 times --make that 4 times today to get a reply.. What do I have to do to get some service!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 27 greengirl1968

its an absolute farce - I had a confirmation on Boards from an eir representative that the account was closed - this was from attempting to close it in August last. registering complaints with comreg etc

Lo and behold another bill

After losing now about 2 working days to trying to sort this - they are an absolute disgrace of a company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

This was the final straw - called saying I was a new customer - 'I pressed the wrong button' idea.  Call was answered in 30s or so.  They however didn't pass me onto someone who could 'help' me.  A long time customer.  So goodbye Eir.

I did send them a polite message...

[font=Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]I am not having a go at you ********. Just Eir, we all have to work with ejits. So if you could, pass this on to Management?

It is amazing that calls got through in under a minute with new customers, yet old customers are treating like dirt.

I am going to terminate my contract with Eir in the short future - there are better deals elsewhere...not many but I'll come back when Eir when they do a SWOT analysis - emphasis on W.

It's mainly because of the absolute failure on customer support via the online help/the call waiting and ESPECIALLY when the stupid contract ends - where the bill jumps up (not quite double, but close to it).

Vodafone - the contract ends, but they don't have the hidden print - it's 45e/m forever. With Eir - YOU HAVE TO PHONE UP AND BEG FOR A DEAL. And I think that is really scummy practice - easy scam on getting quick bucks on 'that' month.

Eir - You have failed a LOT of the people within Ireland - promises failed. Agents sorting out deals that will never go through.

TWO WORDS...Be respectable, or Be honourable.[/font]

Just saying - better deals out there...EH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Chatbot repeatedly asked for “memorable date” and refused to clarify what date they were referring to.

Absolute joke of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

How to leave Eir:
    Trust me, this process will save you a mountain of grief and leave you in control.
    Of course, you shouldn't have to do this but trust me it's a lot easier than hours on hold and lots of broken promises.

Process:
    Get a a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:
    (Yes I know this is a pain but a good few Post offices are open Saturday mornings).

Eir, Account cancellation Team, Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road, Dublin 8

Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit, most banks you can do this online and/or in an app.

Eir "should" send you a letter confirming cancellation and requesting return of any equipment and final bill.

Any issue, you have documentary evidence and receipt by Eir that you cancelled your account properly.

And again, you should not have to do this, but do you want a solution or more grief?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Technician failed to show up today to move my eir service to new address. Could not get through to speak to anyone all day, enough is enough with this incompetent company.

If I cancel direct debit with the bank while still in contract, am I correct that eir cannot get any more money from me?

Tarzann wrote: »
    Technician failed to show up today to move my eir service to new address. Could not get through to speak to anyone all day, enough is enough with this incompetent company.

If I cancel direct debit with the bank while still in contract, am I correct that eir cannot get any more money from me?

They can't take money from your bank account but they can still keep billing you and give the debt to a debt collector.

So you need to be able to document that you kept to the contract and exited per agreed terms.

Then you can tell the debt collector to push off.
    Just be careful of your credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

https://www.eir.ie/credit-insights/

Is the Credit Insights database shared with financial providers, or only with other telecommunications companies?

[font=eir-medium-web, "Arial Medium"]Which telecommunications service providers are participating in Credit Insights?[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]The participating telecommunications service providers are:

Three
    eir
    Vodafone
    [/font]

Email address for complaints:

I understand that Eir is bringing customer service  back in house.
    Sounds like a great idea.
    Obviously this is difficult process with recruiting and training new employees.

In the interim Eir could provide an email address that customers could  use to work and track issues.

Leaving customers hanging on phone lines is waste of the customer's time and Eirs resources.

Many progressive companies use email for complaints. They allocate a number to an automated email reply to track the issue.

I understand that there is an Eir email address that ComReg recommend when customers are not satisfied with the service.

ccm@eir.ie

Is this correct address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

On web chat for over an hour - no joy. Call centres have been closed for the last hour so no joy there either. Rang the 'sales' team and got through straightaway! Sarah there, very nice, said of course I'll transfer you over. Transferred me to a message saying call centres closed. It's ridiculous.

Advertisement