Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm looking for a **particular** dark chocolate mousse sponge cake

Options
  • 30-12-2018 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭

boards.ie, I need help. I'm looking for a **particular** dark chocolate mousse sponge cake. Approximately 250 diameter x 60mm high, fairly plain finish. Likely bought in Dublin 4 or 6.

I've checked SuperValu, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, Donnybrook Fair & Dunnes websites & cake not there. That doesn't mean they don't have them in store.

Someone suggested checking Butler's Pantry.

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Butlers pantry do a chocolate sponge alright: http://thebutlerspantry.ie/cakes-for-all-occasions/

Also try the Natural Bakery company place perhaps?

SuperValu Blackrock has an extensive bakery - possibly worth calling in to check

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Can you describe what you’re looking for? It might help people identify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Faith wrote: »
    Can you describe what you’re looking for? It might help people identify it.
    Original description tweaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Victor wrote: »
    Original description tweaked.

Can you provide a bit more info on the nature of the cake though e.g is the sponge chocolate, or just the mousse filling? Is it iced? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can you provide a bit more info on the nature of the cake though e.g is the sponge chocolate, or just the mousse filling? Is it iced? etc.

About 50% chocolate mousse as topping, 50% chocolate sponge base. No icing, no decoration beyond the mousse. Very 'rich', but very simple.

• Advertisement
Advertisement