Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-11-2018, 12:21   #31
ionapaul
Registered User
 
ionapaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Lewin View Post
Well I found this one...it's Ranelagh, not Rathmines: but it IS within a fifteen-minute walk of Rathmines Library. (and the Swan Centre)

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/19-colliers-avenue-ranelagh-dublin-1946751/


For a measly 315K you can have a tiny, tiny freehold, own front door, as handy and central as anyone could want.
I imagine it is going to be one of those types, have been inside them before (the area I am thinking of is in Harolds X but can see how people might claim Rathmines; Emmet Street, Darley Street) and they are truly tiny!!!!
ionapaul is offline  
Advertisement
27-11-2018, 19:48   #32
4ensic15
Banned
 
4ensic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,658
The mate went to look at it. It is 2 storey, own door and in Rathmines, off the Upper Rathmines Road. It is only about 350 sq feet and there is no outside space at all. The front door opens directly from the living room into a lane. It is old but has been fully modernised. He wanted to go for it as a starter house but his girlfriend just won't have it. The bedrooms are tiny. Natural light is poor.
4ensic15 is offline  
27-11-2018, 20:39   #33
caviardreams
Registered User
 
caviardreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The mate went to look at it. It is 2 storey, own door and in Rathmines, off the Upper Rathmines Road. It is only about 350 sq feet and there is no outside space at all. The front door opens directly from the living room into a lane. It is old but has been fully modernised. He wanted to go for it as a starter house but his girlfriend just won't have it. The bedrooms are tiny. Natural light is poor.
Bedrooms? In a 350 sq foot 2 story house? Given the wasted space with stairs and landing etc. I am very surprised there is more than one bedroom.
caviardreams is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-11-2018, 20:50   #34
4ensic15
Banned
 
4ensic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by caviardreams View Post
Bedrooms? In a 350 sq foot 2 story house? Given the wasted space with stairs and landing etc. I am very surprised there is more than one bedroom.
The stairs is a dogleg . The landing is about 26 inches square. Toilet and h/b in a cubicle in front and a bedroom on each side.
4ensic15 is offline  
28-11-2018, 16:16   #35
handlemaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The stairs is a dogleg . The landing is about 26 inches square. Toilet and h/b in a cubicle in front and a bedroom on each side.

for the whole thread. tis very odd
handlemaster is offline  
Advertisement
28-11-2018, 16:35   #36
abcabc123123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Lewin View Post
Well I found this one...it's Ranelagh, not Rathmines: but it IS within a fifteen-minute walk of Rathmines Library. (and the Swan Centre)

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/19-colliers-avenue-ranelagh-dublin-1946751/


For a measly 315K you can have a tiny, tiny freehold, own front door, as handy and central as anyone could want.
That's some layout. It looks like there's a laneway behind it and the neighbours have built up though so you could probably replace the extension with a two storey and make it a very cool singleton's pad. Lot of money though.
abcabc123123 is offline  
28-11-2018, 17:09   #37
AlmightyCushion
Moderator
 
AlmightyCushion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 29,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Lewin View Post
Well I found this one...it's Ranelagh, not Rathmines: but it IS within a fifteen-minute walk of Rathmines Library. (and the Swan Centre)

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/ranelagh/19-colliers-avenue-ranelagh-dublin-1946751/


For a measly 315K you can have a tiny, tiny freehold, own front door, as handy and central as anyone could want.
It's more than 10K a Sqm. That's insane.
AlmightyCushion is offline  
28-11-2018, 17:28   #38
abcabc123123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyCushion View Post
It's more than 10K a Sqm. That's insane.
I wouldn't pay it but five cottages have sold on that street in the last two years and they've gone for 325, 365, 580, 304 and 450. Some people really want to live in Ranelagh I guess.

Last edited by abcabc123123; 28-11-2018 at 17:31.
abcabc123123 is offline  
28-11-2018, 18:03   #39
Effects
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The mate went to look at it. He wanted to go for it as a starter house but his girlfriend just won't have it.
So it's all yours now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The landing is about 26 inches square.
And the landing is smaller than can actually fit a human?
Effects is offline  
Advertisement
28-11-2018, 18:33   #40
4ensic15
Banned
 
4ensic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,658
[QUOTE=Effects;108745642]So it's all yours now?
It wouldn't suit me. It might work as a buy to let if I had the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects View Post
And the landing is smaller than can actually fit a human?
I don't know how big you are.
4ensic15 is offline  
28-11-2018, 19:15   #41
KevRossi
Registered User
 
KevRossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ensic15 View Post
The stairs is a dogleg . The landing is about 26 inches square. Toilet and h/b in a cubicle in front and a bedroom on each side.
Ron Jeremy would struggle to get his thingymajig into a 26 sq inch space
KevRossi is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet