Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

63mins on hold! That must be a record! (sadly prob not). Time to hangup and go do some productive work today! Maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Asked for unlocking code for phone 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. Had to change number at great inconvenience, plus buy a new handset. 
    Going to comreg to see if I can get any compensation for this hassle. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Now waiting 46 min for agent on chat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Waited 10 minutes to get someone then he does this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

bevan619 wrote: »
    Waited 10 minutes to get someone then he does this!
    I had the same experience back in August. 
    And the on hold /transferring call that eventually drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I had the same experience back in August. 
    And the on hold /transferring call that eventually drops

All they say on their twitter is to keep trying. Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 onepaced158

Their customer service is an absolute disgrace. I have been trying since last Wednesday to get a simple issue resolved. I have been speaking to multiple agents who transferred me to the sales department, then to be suddenly cut off or be told they can't help me. I have been giving numerous numbers to call but all I get is " Lately I been, I been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be..." 

Laughable the customer service, all you get on twitter is a generic response then!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To our customers[/font]

We are experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres which is also affecting availability on Web chat. We are aware that call waiting times are longer than usual and appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique,]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Our apologies for this inconvenience

eir Customer Care
    This is quite hilarious..
    I spent the better half of 2 days trying to make contact with Eir support. Costing me quite a hefty amount in phone credit.

Today I spent 1 hour 9 mins on hold. When the phone was finally answered nobody spoke to me. Instead I could hear a group of employees speaking with Dublin accents, chatting and having a laugh in the background. A female who was involved in that conversation could be heard moving back to her desk where i was waiting.. still chatting all the while. She brushed the microphone as she began typing but did not pick up the headset.. instead she kept chatting. I left the call going in the hopes she would eventually figure out i was there. ( 2 days filled with long periods of waiting will do that to you).

During that call I could hear one male begin to talk to another customer in the background.  I heard him apologising to the customer multiple times for the wait and other grievances. That they were "very busy" ( hard to believe from the rabble of laughing and 'banter' in the background ) when that male employee finished his support call, i then heard him roar out "f*** off! F***ing wanker!". To which the agent sitting at my calls position, (still hadn't picked up her headset) began skitting laughing and said "ahh stop the lights". 

Growing tired of this and realising she was completely oblivious that i was there during what i can only imagine was her lunch break? I began shoulding down the phone to try get her attention. 35 minutes I spent before i heard rusttling through the mic as she picked up the headset.. but rather than actually do her job and provide customer service she listened to me repeat " hello?.. hello?.." a handful of times before saying "oh jaysus.." and hanging up.

This is the second day i have spent trying to get through with no avail. The Eir online chat is down, you have no listed email address to raise a concern. Your facebook page is designed to only allow messanger so nobody can publicly call you out on your atrocious customer support. Your Twitter is outsourced to a international call center to directs you to contact customer support via phone.

I was calling to simply clarify an error in my bill. I think I'll also be looking at all avenues to raise a formal complaint  ( which you provide no information to do ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

4 times in the past 2 days trying to get to someone on 1901. Left waiting over 20 mins each time so gave up. The last time, the phone just disconnected. 

Have Eir completely sacked all their support staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I've just found out today that calls automatically end after 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

I joined eir last year, contract expired last month. On the whole I've never had any major problems with them, except for trying to contact them by phone or chat. 
    I was trying to find out if they could offer me a new deal of some sort, so I wouldn't have to change provider. After numerous attempts, all ending in failure, I've given up the ghost. I'm going to change provider asap. 
    To eir & the eir reps on here, after reading through this thread, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for treating people like this. Don't come back to me with the usual ****e reply apologizing for my experience with the service, you should all consider a change of job instead of reading the usual eir script off your computer screen which we all know you are trained to do. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Paulmc. wrote: »
    I joined eir last year, contract expired last month. On the whole I've never had any major problems with them, except for trying to contact them by phone or chat. 
    I was trying to find out if they could offer me a new deal of some sort, so I wouldn't have to change provider. After numerous attempts, all ending in failure, I've given up the ghost. I'm going to change provider asap. 
    To eir & the eir reps on here, after reading through this thread, you should all be ashamed of yourselves for treating people like this. Don't come back to me with the usual ****e reply apologizing for my experience with the service, you should all consider a change of job instead of reading the usual eir script off your computer screen which we all know you are trained to do. 
    Well said Paulmc. I'm in the same position as you. All I want to do is to discuss my options when my contract is up a the end of month. Generally I've had no issues with Eir with regards to the service they've provided, but preventing customers from being able to contact them is just not on!  I'd be happy to stay with them for another 12 months but due to the fact they cannot communicate with me, I am now looking to jump to another provider. Even on their online chat service, which I was advised to use by the eir reps, I was waiting over 15 minutes for someone to join, so just gave up. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Ironic thing is that Eir are losing customers that want to stay by making it so difficult to contact them. My contract was up. Tried several times to get through without success. Twice I got through after long waits only to be told by Eir agent that I would have to be transferred and put on hold again.
    Eventually gave up in frustration and filled out online form to move to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Cannot get through to a human! Waited over 45 mins the other day and call just disconnected!

Tried to ring on Saturday but the automatic response was that they were closed but it states on the website that they were contactable 0900-1800.

Worst customer service ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Still waiting almost a month to get unlocking code for phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

On hold for 47 minutes now an counting. Have a meeting at 12, so will need to drop it. Insanely bad customer service.

96fm in Cork devoted segment this morning too how bad Eirs customer service is. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

35 mins on hold a the moment, ironically all the songs on the hold music are about waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Currently 32 minutes waiting for eir mobile. My contract is up on 16/12/18. I just want to recontract! I don’t even want a new phone....😰

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

You'll be told to call back on the 16th. That's what happened to me. 102 minutes waiting to be told that, all the songs were waiting related as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

52 minutes waiting so far. This is insane. 

You'll be told to call back on the 16th. That's what happened to me. 102 minutes waiting to be told that, all the songs were waiting related as well.

Thanks. I won’t be calling back after today. I’m off to Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

While waiting I've learned that Eir is now owned by this chap, who has a net worth of $6.1 billion.

440px-Xavier_Niel004.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Niel

Interesting bio:

"On 28 May 2004, Xavier Niel was indicted and detained for a month for alleged procuring and misuse of company assets, which occurred in several sex shops in which he was a shareholder. 

On 30 August 2005, a Nolle prosequi was pronounced for the procuring part of his indictment, while on 13 October 2006, he was given a 2 years suspended prison sentence for the misuse of company assets."

Eir CE0 kinda said that they had decided to get rid of outsourced customer service which was pretty useless and bring it back in house. 
    Excellent decision. Companies everywhere are beginning to realize that outsourcing is a false economy.
    What seems to have happened though is that they have gotten rid of the outsourced service before they have properly set up their own customer care service. 

Magnatu wrote: »
    Eir CE0 kinda said that they had decided to get rid of outsourced customer service which was pretty useless and bring it back in house. 
    Excellent decision. Companies everywhere are beginning to realize that outsourcing is a false economy.
    What seems to have happened though is that they have gotten rid of the outsourced service before they have properly set up their own customer care service. 

That would explain a lot. I had heard similar and wondered how they would manage to bring it back in house quickly and without having a situation where the outsourcing company would still be there but not actually care about the eir customer leading to a lot of poor experiences. The answer is of course is that they couldn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Very few people left in Dublin from the outsourced company while very few people hired to fill the positions ergo long wait times and no one knowing what to do on the phone
    It's the kinda thing that should have taken 6 months+ to changeover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Titanucd wrote: »

That would explain a lot. I had heard similar and wondered how they would manage to bring it back in house quickly and without having a situation where the outsourcing company would still be there but not actually care about the eir customer leading to a lot of poor experiences. The answer is of course is that they couldn’t
    It would appear from posts on here and the copied and pasted rep-lies  that Éir themselves do not care about their customers so why would someone who is getting sacked really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garrett68

You'd have to have some sympathy for the poor souls working in Eir customer 'care' at this point. Waiting over an hour and fifteen minutes, I had to summon all of my zen not to simply scream at them and to calmly and clearly articulate the issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

she also said that thwey moved to regional hubs as they could not compete with the job availability in Dublin.

so, they will pay the same low wages in regional areas but the staff will have no other options but to stick it out,

agree in theory about the practice of outsourcing but changing the name on someone's payslip does not make them a better customer service rep 

• Advertisement

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

agree in theory about the practice of outsourcing but changing the name on someone's payslip does not make them a better customer service rep 
    Actually in my experience it makes an enormous diddeeence. Outsourcing companies entire focus is on stats. Number of calls taken, length of calls etc. Their exploited workers have little connection or respect for the "client" given their status as outsiurced second class employees.

The same person working directly for a company even if on same wages would look at things totally differently. They see themselves as more valued, have more loyalty to the company and provide a far superior customer experience.

I don't blame Eirs current outsourced customer service employees for their attitude and the shocking level of service they are providing.

Blame Eir instead for having outsourced customer service.

Advertisement