Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-10-2018, 20:08   #91
Van.Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOnegative View Post
No pacing Dublin the following week, ran Köln two weeks ago.
You could pace the few of us tomorrow aiming for sub-4!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-10-2018, 05:37   #92
ISOP

here we go!
Thanks from:
20-10-2018, 17:09   #93
Van.Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOP View Post
O'Reilly's just off dam square looks a good central location if anyone is up for it, seems convenient enough if everyone is staying in central Amsterdam?
I’m still up for a beer if anyone is about - what time you thinking?
20-10-2018, 19:53   #94
ISOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van.Bosch View Post
Quote:
O'Reilly's just off dam square looks a good central location if anyone is up for it, seems convenient enough if everyone is staying in central Amsterdam?
I’m still up for a beer if anyone is about - what time you thinking?
I'll be there 2 or half 2 Tommorrow depending on how it goes! Hopefully see you there. White singlet, red asics
21-10-2018, 11:12   #95
Itziger

Any news or updates?
Advertisement
21-10-2018, 14:12   #96
Van.Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itziger View Post
Any news or updates?
Perfect conditions, flat route, good support.

Was aiming for sub 4 or B goal of sub 4:10. Came home in 4:22. Not too happy not too disappointed.
21-10-2018, 14:29   #97
ISOP

I'm in Slainte here not far from O'Reilly. Will be here for an hour or so. Bad day for me at the office. Was looking for sub 4 and was going great till 20 when my stomach went. Had to stop a few times and revert to run/walk. Got home in 4:24. Really great marathon
21-10-2018, 14:46   #98
Van.Bosch

Quote:
I'm in Slainte here not far from O'Reilly. Will be here for an hour or so. Bad day for me at the office. Was looking for sub 4 and was going great till 20 when my stomach went. Had to stop a few times and revert to run/walk. Got home in 4:24. Really great marathon
Sounds like the same as me - just got sick again for the second time.

Won’t make it to Slainte within the hour but if your grabbing some grub or pints later - I’ll come to you?
22-10-2018, 09:49   #99
tHE vAGGABOND

Having done far less training than I should have over last few weeks I knew I was undertrained [new job with travel and home stuff]. So went off somewhere between 4 hours and 4.10 group. Knew as soon as 2 or 3 miles the effort was too hard. So slowed down a fraction, doing a pile slower miles. [the experience of really blowing up hard a few times!!!]

Ended up adopting a "run-walk strategy" for last 7 or 8 miles & came home in 4.38 or so. Don't really mind the time, as I knew I was undertrained and doing it for my own health [mental and physical]. So had a great day, and ran with a smile on my face [...er..lotsof the time - despite being utterly spent in my legs]

[The day before the plan in my head was to go with 4.30 and attempt some kind of tiny negative split & should have done that].
Advertisement
24-10-2018, 00:41   #100
Runninghard

I did the half on Sunday. Happy with my time as was struggling. Lots of Irish on course and for support. Interesting race - so many runners you were never alone but atmosphere was almost dead in places. Some mates who did the full said the buzz wasn’t a patch on Dublin. Nice flat course with only one climb out of an underpass towards the end. Lots of water and refreshments on course.

The finish in the stadium was a nice touch but the bottleneck to exit afterwards was positively dangerous especially for tired and dehydrated runners as refreshments were outside again. I saw at least 2 people get weak. Not sure how bad it was for the full finishers. Would definitely recommend it - if they get the stadium exit sorted.
Thanks from:
26-10-2018, 14:54   #101
tHE vAGGABOND

Just caught up with the actual race itself - the actions of Kenenisa Bekele are a bit mad. I was laughing when the day before at the expo, someone on a TV was saying that they were going for a world record...

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2018/10/...rdam-marathon/
04-12-2018, 21:59   #102
sideshowbob321

Bailed in today for next year's race decent enough price for return flights Sat - Mon €95. Hotel pricey enough but 5 Star so probably too posh for my blood but hey
Anyone else signed up?
Will I make a new 2019 thread??
05-12-2018, 11:09   #103
sca21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowbob321 View Post
Bailed in today for next year's race decent enough price for return flights Sat - Mon €95. Hotel pricey enough but 5 Star so probably too posh for my blood but hey
Anyone else signed up?
Will I make a new 2019 thread??
I'm in for this following Berlin PFO (X2). Looking forward to this.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion