Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2018, 21:57   #76
LirW

It's all good, seems we all need to work in a big 4 as either account, lawyer or coder in order to buy in Dublin; silly me, how did I not think about that earlier!
All the chefs, care workers, civil servants under HEO grade, nurses and guards can go to shoite and move to Balbriggan, they're not worthy for city residence.
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 22:10   #77
keane2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by draiochtanois View Post
This post has been deleted.
Is the notion here that more than a handful of people in Facebook, Google and Microsoft in Dublin offices are being given 50k+ a year in RSUs?
(2) thanks from:
11-10-2018, 23:44   #78
Corb_lund

Quote:
Originally Posted by LirW View Post
It's all good, seems we all need to work in a big 4 as either account, lawyer or coder in order to buy in Dublin; silly me, how did I not think about that earlier!
All the chefs, care workers, civil servants under HEO grade, nurses and guards can go to shoite and move to Balbriggan, they're not worthy for city residence.
Society will value things differently, just like revenue generators in a firm will earn more than say ops etc

Not sure it's feasible for everyone to have their choice of place. If more than one person wants somewhere there will be a price premium.

Care workers, nurses etc are always going to fall behind that curve?
11-10-2018, 23:47   #79
Corb_lund

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane2097 View Post
Is the notion here that more than a handful of people in Facebook, Google and Microsoft in Dublin offices are being given 50k+ a year in RSUs?
No but there are a lot of people being paid substantially more than some professions. My boss earns multiples what I do and the senior management earn multiple tens times as much as me.

Hell even just drive down through business estates at the different units. A boss owns those buildings and will have more resources etc
12-10-2018, 00:06   #80
LirW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb_lund View Post
Society will value things differently, just like revenue generators in a firm will earn more than say ops etc

Not sure it's feasible for everyone to have their choice of place. If more than one person wants somewhere there will be a price premium.

Care workers, nurses etc are always going to fall behind that curve?
I don't think it's often a case of living in your area of choice but living anywhere within a reasonable distance of work.
It's all well and good talking about professional couples on quadrillion moneys but the reality is that most aren't.
I don't think it's a solution to ship off people that earn median income to Kildare and let them commute in a sub-par transport system while the city is either for top earners or people in social housing.

Yes, some people earn a lot but a hell of a lot more don't and fall behind. Upskill get isn't an option for everyone, some people love their meh paying jobs and not everyone can become a lawyer. Are they less deserving of a house anywhere close to work that's not a ridiculous commute?
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2018, 00:17   #81
Cyrus

Quote:
Everyone can’t have what everyone wants , so obviously those who earn more will get to live in the best areas how else would it or should it work
12-10-2018, 08:24   #82
Interested Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane2097 View Post
Some might have been awarded stock that ended up at that value, sure.

I know someone who works for one of those companies, they we given stock worth about a years salary that vests over a number of years. But the share price is set at the start of employment so if the share price goes up a lot over the course of employment you can end up with a lot of money.

I have no idea if that's generous or not as things go, there might be another company that gives you two years salary worth, I have no idea.
12-10-2018, 08:33   #83
Samuel T. Cogley

Didn't the last time we had this argument, or was it the time before that - someone linked a % of households earning over X grapgh and the households over 100K were in the top 95th percentile IIRC.
12-10-2018, 08:35   #84
Baby01032012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoam View Post
plus the "I'm an incredible landlord" threads... amatures should sell up and go home
No likes for your post...go figure
Advertisement
12-10-2018, 08:49   #85
Interested Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
Didn't the last time we had this argument, or was it the time before that - someone linked a % of households earning over X grapgh and the households over 100K were in the top 95th percentile IIRC.
I'm not surprised at all.
12-10-2018, 08:51   #86
Corb_lund

Quote:
I don't think it's often a case of living in your area of choice but living anywhere within a reasonable distance of work.
It's all well and good talking about professional couples on quadrillion moneys but the reality is that most aren't.
I don't think it's a solution to ship off people that earn median income to Kildare and let them commute in a sub-par transport system while the city is either for top earners or people in social housing.

Yes, some people earn a lot but a hell of a lot more don't and fall behind. Upskill get isn't an option for everyone, some people love their meh paying jobs and not everyone can become a lawyer. Are they less deserving of a house anywhere close to work that's not a ridiculous commute?
I'm sorry but if people are happy with their meh job then they can't be unhappy about living in a meh area?? Contrary to some opinions most people (outside of the ultrarich) actually work very hard to raise themselves above average and thus have above average cars, houses etc
12-10-2018, 08:54   #87
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corb_lund View Post
I'm sorry but if people are happy with their meh job then they can't be unhappy about living in a meh area?? Contrary to some opinions most people (outside of the ultrarich) actually work very hard to raise themselves above average and thus have above average cars, houses etc
A house in Kilbarrack now commands the guts of 325K. Meh workers as you folk are putting it would no doubt be delighted with a meh area.
Thanks from:
12-10-2018, 09:01   #88
beaz2018

what does "meh" stand for?
12-10-2018, 09:07   #89
Yamileth Substantial Grassland

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaz2018 View Post
what does "meh" stand for?
Think its the opposite of posh that we had a chat about 2 pages ago.
12-10-2018, 09:15   #90
Shedite27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
Can't find the link but about a year ago I read that 7% of households earn more than €100k
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion