Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-09-2018, 08:31   #241
Inviere

New Cemu version released, 1.13.2 (for Patreons, free version in a few days). Seems to have given a significant performance increase

Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2018, 22:27   #242
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
RetroArch coming with full glsl shader supoprt...that's going to be pretty special, & will make the Switch possibly the best portable emulation machine available.
You spoke too soon!

https://www.smachz.com

I just found this device advertised on Facebook. Have yet to investigate if it's real or is a scam. Impressive power for its size of it turns out to be true though.
08-10-2018, 22:37   #243
Doge

Looks like it's not a scam site after all and had a successful Kickstarter. However a lot of people are saying it has the same fate of the Vega by calling it Scam Z!

Will be interesting to see if it gets released.
08-10-2018, 22:45   #244
Doge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
New Cemu version released, 1.13.2 (for Patreons, free version in a few days). Seems to have given a significant performance increase

That's not your channel I presume?.when I heard the Irish accent and since you're the biggest emulation enthusiast on here it got me thinking! Hmmmm
09-10-2018, 10:41   #245
megaten

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Smach Z. It's probably been around 5 years or more since they announced the connect and still don't have a functional prototype. Its a shame we don't see more niche handhelds since I really like them. I think my favourite is still the GP2X Caanoo I had years ago despite the ridiculous design decisions it had like having an analog stick instead of a dpad.
Advertisement
09-10-2018, 14:35   #246
CathalDublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaten View Post
I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Smach Z. It's probably been around 5 years or more since they announced the connect and still don't have a functional prototype. Its a shame we don't see more niche handhelds since I really like them. I think my favourite is still the GP2X Caanoo I had years ago despite the ridiculous design decisions it had like having an analog stick instead of a dpad.
I'd the GP2x Wiz, was awful, I sold it and got another PSP phat
09-10-2018, 15:16   #247
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
That's not your channel I presume?.when I heard the Irish accent and since you're the biggest emulation enthusiast on here it got me thinking! Hmmmm
Hey Guys, what's up, and welcome back to the ch....no, not mine I'm afraid I find his videos were instrumental in learning how to set up Cemu though.
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 19:25   #248
2 Scoops

Some of these new snes emulators are amazing, they can remove the slowdown in games without speeding up the framerate. I've only tried UN Squadron, Final fight 3 co-op so far and the slowdown is totally removed and the games play like the exact same as the originals otherwise.

15-10-2018, 18:55   #249
Inviere

Had a blast of the new Switch Virtual Console release of RetroArch for the Switch. Wow, an absolute game changer for the Switch in terms of homebrew. The shaders look really nice too (they look way better in person, my phone camera didn't do a great job of capturing the image properly)! Very simple setup & useage, I'm truly impressed with it!

Advertisement
16-10-2018, 08:15   #250
The Last Bandit

It really is a brilliant handheld for emulation alright, not messed about too much with the shaders yet still just figuring out what works and what doesn't - Playstation emulation is still a work in progress though, even with the workarounds I'm not really happy with it.

An Arcbrowser type of frontend would be a brilliant addition in time too, as good as retroarch is, the UI is a bit meh for jut picking up a game and playing.
16-10-2018, 09:50   #251
o1s1n

Is it particularly difficult to get homebrew running on a Switch? Amazed to see software of that quality running on it already.
16-10-2018, 10:06   #252
The Last Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Is it particularly difficult to get homebrew running on a Switch? Amazed to see software of that quality running on it already.
Nope, super simple - even has its own app store to download from. Now, its rather easy to get your console banned so if online play is a must from you then extra care must be taken - or buy another console.

I've complete disconnected my console from my Nintendo account so if its get banned no big deal, I'll can always get another and relink to my account if needed.
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2018, 10:47   #253
megaten

Looks interesting, I thought people were looking at a dual boot solution for switch though were you could run homebrew without afffecting your official OS tied to your accounts.
Thanks from:
16-10-2018, 15:30   #254
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Bandit View Post
An Arcbrowser type of frontend would be a brilliant addition in time too, as good as retroarch is, the UI is a bit meh for jut picking up a game and playing.
I'm quite comfortable with the RetroArch UI at this stage, having spent the summer practically living inside it. That said, it could do with some tweaks to simplify/streamline certain things. They've been listening too!

https://twitter.com/libretro/status/1051522388754599936

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Very simple. You need either a phone, a pc, or something like this which I ordered (no faffing about with cables etc, just insert it before boot & job done). After that you need a memory card for the Switch with the required files for the cfw of your choice, and you're all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaten View Post
Looks interesting, I thought people were looking at a dual boot solution for switch though were you could run homebrew without afffecting your official OS tied to your accounts.
I think TLB's solution is a good one, disconnect your account from the Switch you're exploiting, and leave it offline. I'm not a believer or advocate of modded consoles being online anyway, so for me, it works perfectly - my Switch has never been online, and never will be. If for some reason I want a Switch to go online with, I'll buy another one. Modded consoles online should be banned, but not banned in terms of updating (which I believe Nintendo do, a pure arsehole move that one).
Thanks from:
16-10-2018, 15:35   #255
Galway_Drummer

Any jailbreak to emulate on the ps3 superslim yet does anyone know?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion