Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 175 route......Information please?!

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

ddx05 wrote: »
    The bus would show up at the stop, roughly 5 mins after it disappeared from the app

Not an unusual occurrence on DB services either might I add

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Qrt wrote: »
    I think the only bus lane along the route is Taylor's Lane, mental! The 175 really does fill a deficit, which hopefully the S8 will do too.

The entire route has been built over the years with absolutely no bus priority without a lot of investment... even the narrowed, cycle friendly roundabout at the Knocklyon road... there is no way to fit a bus lane in there on both sides, its crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Qrt

The entire route has been built over the years with absolutely no bus priority without a lot of investment... even the narrowed, cycle friendly roundabout at the Knocklyon road... there is no way to fit a bus lane in there on both sides, its crazy.

BusConnects Mark II might sort it. Only 12 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭p_haugh

How are people finding the 175 service? I got it today from Oldbawn and it was ten minutes late, but it was heading into rush hour. My cousin, however, told me that there have been loads of complaints regarding it being late but its just hearsay.

So far I haven't had any problems. Only takes me 25 minutes to get to Dundrum now instead of 40-45 minutes on the 17/75. Even during rush hour it only took an extra 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Qrt

p_haugh wrote: »
    So far I haven't had any problems. Only takes me 25 minutes to get to Dundrum now instead of 40-45 minutes on the 17/75. Even during rush hour it only took an extra 10 minutes.

Which section is that? I think the worst section is the Wyckham Way roundabout, the lights at Balally/Sandyford Rd, and J12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Which section is that? I think the worst section is the Wyckham Way roundabout, the lights at Balally/Sandyford Rd, and J12.

The section from UCD to Dundrum.

Advertisement