Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-10-2018, 09:17   #76
OscarMIlde

Quote:
Originally Posted by n97 mini View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharper View Post
It's a shame they didn't run the 66E through chapelizod bypass to compensate for the extra running time.
Terminus should be in Celbridge instead of Maynooth. Would alleviate the situation with the 67 somewhat, and would connect Celbridge and Leixlip.
I think there should be an orbital route connecting Leixlip-Maynooth-Celbridge in a loop. It makes sense considering the range of businesses around Backweston, Intel in Leixlip, and the University in Maynooth. That would leave the city centre routes free to go straight to town rather than getting stuck in the next town.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2018, 11:21   #77
Amirani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5339762 View Post
Serious question: Why would a continuous bus lane NOT be an option? Surely thats what proper public transport should do?
Current routing makes it very difficult, Terenure particularly is a bottleneck that can't really be fixed.

BusConnects aims to switch the current 16 routing to go through Rathmines where it will have priority measures for pretty much its entirety. There's no reason that the 16 needs to go through Terenure > Harold's Cross > Leonard's Corner, alternative routes can be provided here on less pressurised buses.
(3) thanks from:
11-10-2018, 07:42   #78
Rechuchote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirani View Post
Current routing makes it very difficult, Terenure particularly is a bottleneck that can't really be fixed.

BusConnects aims to switch the current 16 routing to go through Rathmines where it will have priority measures for pretty much its entirety. There's no reason that the 16 needs to go through Terenure > Harold's Cross > Leonard's Corner, alternative routes can be provided here on less pressurised buses.
Speaking as one who lives in Harold's Cross, I disagree completely. The 16 is a much used local route. But as far as I know (from postings by several local residents' association) the plan is not to put the 16 through Rathmines, but to continue it through Harold's Cross - but madly, it wouldn't serve the airport any more on its northern end.

It's also planned to make it much less frequent - in fact the whole Bus Connects fludge seems to involve far less frequency - the spine that goes along the Lower Kimmage Road (with, they imagine, no cycling allowed on that road) is planned to be around every 25 minutes, far, far less frequent than current buses.
11-10-2018, 08:46   #79
Qrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechuchote View Post
Speaking as one who lives in Harold's Cross, I disagree completely. The 16 is a much used local route. But as far as I know (from postings by several local residents' association) the plan is not to put the 16 through Rathmines, but to continue it through Harold's Cross - but madly, it wouldn't serve the airport any more on its northern end.

It's also planned to make it much less frequent - in fact the whole Bus Connects fludge seems to involve far less frequency - the spine that goes along the Lower Kimmage Road (with, they imagine, no cycling allowed on that road) is planned to be around every 25 minutes, far, far less frequent than current buses.
The F spine is meant to be every 8-10 minutes or so, I don't understand where you got 25 mins from.
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 10:35   #80
Rechuchote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrt View Post
The F spine is meant to be every 8-10 minutes or so, I don't understand where you got 25 mins from.
8-10 minutes at midday, 25 minutes at other times, I'm told.
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 10:39   #81
L1011

You've been told wrong
(5) thanks from:
11-10-2018, 10:48   #82
CatInABox

Mod: Xbox, ZTest
Quote:
8-10 minutes at midday, 25 minutes at other times, I'm told.
It's 8 minutes all day long, from 6 in the morning to 11 at night. At peak times, this increases to 5 minutes.
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 11:22   #83
GM228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
The GAI buses were being repainted in Volvo/Irish Commercials out in Naas I believe. I think DB buses go there too for warranty work.
Both Harris Commercials on the Naas road and Freeneys in Tallaght have been repainting the GA buses.

Freeneys also do all the DB and BE painting.
11-10-2018, 11:55   #84
Qrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM228 View Post
Both Harris Commercials on the Naas road and Freeneys in Tallaght have been repainting the GA buses.

Freeneys also do all the DB and BE painting.
I've always wondered why I used to see DB buses in Whitestown!
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 12:26   #85
Thargor

How long would it take to get from Bray to IKEA on that bus do you think? Probably faster to cycle it just like the 145 right now.
11-10-2018, 14:32   #86
Rechuchote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
How long would it take to get from Bray to IKEA on that bus do you think? Probably faster to cycle it just like the 145 right now.
If it's the 140 you're talking about, a fair while; isn't its southern terminus in Rathmines?
11-10-2018, 14:51   #87
Tarabuses

Quote:
If it's the 140 you're talking about, a fair while; isn't its southern terminus in Rathmines?
I think he is referring to the new proposed route 45.
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 15:01   #88
Rechuchote

Ah, in that case you will be transported at the speed of light as if you'd said "Beam me up, Scotty".
11-10-2018, 16:14   #89
ITV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarabuses View Post
I think he is referring to the new proposed route 45.
it'll be route 155 :-)
11-10-2018, 17:10   #90
Qrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITV2 View Post
it'll be route 155 :-)
has this been clarified?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image