Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-10-2018, 12:25   #211
CrowdedHouse

And on another PC related note - I'm copying files from usb stick to a larger one and it takes an age..
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 14:53   #212
Kitty6277

Myself and the OH are thinking of getting a place together in January. Pretty sure I could afford it, but things that rely on other things keep getting in the way.
11-10-2018, 14:56   #213
northgirl

Bulbous Noses
(2) thanks from:
11-10-2018, 15:01   #214
ger vallely

Working in a preschool which closes at 1.30. Adults who don’t show up, on a regular basis until at least 1.45 because ‘they are busy and have things to do.’ Good job I’m just passing time there, off the clock with nothing better to do with my own time.
11-10-2018, 15:15   #215
dubstarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger vallely View Post
Working in a preschool which closes at 1.30. Adults who don’t show up, on a regular basis until at least 1.45 because ‘they are busy and have things to do.’ Good job I’m just passing time there, off the clock with nothing better to do with my own time.
Start charging late fees.or keep ringing the emergency contact number.They will get pissed off and give out to the other person for you
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 15:30   #216
SusieBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger vallely View Post
One of my friends runs a créche, the stories of parents doing things like that never ceases to amaze me.

What with Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year, she's opening for a limited amount of hours to accommodate working parents.
She sent letters home last week to get an idea of how many parents would be sending their kids in, so she could start sorting staff levels & ratios.

She was stunned to find almost every parent would be sending their kids in.
After speaking to most of them during drop offs/pick ups, the vast majority of them aren't even working that day.

The excuses for sending their child in varied from wanting to clean the house in peace, to wanting a free morning to meet their friends for coffee, to wanting to allow some time for last minute present shopping.

A few even complained that the créche would be closing at 2pm, asking would she not consider staying open an hour or two later.

Of all days to want your kids out of the way, it shouldn't be Christmas Eve.
I just don't get it.

Many of her colleagues have families and their own children who they would like to spend Christmas Eve with, but now most of them will have to work to accommodate Sandra so she can hoover in peace without her little precious annoying her.
Absolutely ridiculous imo.
11-10-2018, 16:11   #217
Your Face

^^^^^ That's actually really sad.
11-10-2018, 16:17   #218
beerbaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBlue View Post
What with Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year, she's opening for a limited amount of hours to accommodate working parents.
She sent letters home last week to get an idea of how many parents would be sending their kids in, so she could start sorting staff levels & ratios.
How much are the fees ?
11-10-2018, 16:31   #219
SusieBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbaron View Post
How much are the fees ?
No idea, from what she said they aren't charged for Christmas Eve as part of their regular fees, so parents who keep their kids at home won't be charged or penalised.
She did this in an effort to encourage as many people as possible to keep their children at home (thus needing fewer staff) but it didn't work.
Advertisement
11-10-2018, 17:14   #220
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
One of my friends runs a créche, the stories of parents doing things like that never ceases to amaze me.

After speaking to most of them during drop offs/pick ups, the vast majority of them aren't even working that day.

The excuses for sending their child in varied from wanting to clean the house in peace, to wanting a free morning to meet their friends for coffee, to wanting to allow some time for last minute present shopping.

A few even complained that the créche would be closing at 2pm, asking would she not consider staying open an hour or two later.

I just don't get it.

Many of her colleagues have families and their own children who they would like to spend Christmas Eve with, but now most of them will have to work to accommodate Sandra so she can hoover in peace without her little precious annoying her.
The cheek and self entitlement! she should tell all to bugger off!
Thanks from:
11-10-2018, 18:30   #221
dubstarr

Quote:

I just don't get it.

If she doesnt want the kids,dont open the creche that day.Dont open it and then moan people want to use it.
11-10-2018, 18:33   #222
DareGod

When the label on a food product tells you the quantity in grams but the nutritional info on the back is in ml. Why!
11-10-2018, 18:33   #223
Trigger Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstarr View Post
If she doesnt want the kids,dont open the creche that day.Dont open it and then moan people want to use it.
Agree with this. There is so much to do on christmas eve with getting presents sorted, food, collect the elderlies etc. So been able to drop the kids at creche, that you paid for, is a big help.
Christmas is long enough for the kids too, they will be at home from christmas eve until in to the new year as the creche is closed. No fees discount in december.
11-10-2018, 18:47   #224
Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's all gone Pete Tong. At least tomorrow's Friday.
11-10-2018, 20:01   #225
Autosport

I may have broken my toe it hurts like hell and is badly bruised

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion