Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iceland money off vouchers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Btw, can this thread be unexpired and marked 'Iceland offers' or similar

Another €10 off €50
    LRysi3e.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Iceland doing vouchers in store..handed one when we walked in. 4 vouchers starting Dec 1st till 31st Dec. Ranging from spend €60 get €15 off to spend €40 get €10 off. It's not a shop I really buy anything in but we were just having a browse but ended up getting loads of party food, frozen lobsters, crisps and a few non freezer bits and pieces. €60.10 spend for €45 and all things I would have been buying anyway at some point before Christmas. Very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the tip - sounds like a good time to stock up. Were they whole lobsters or lobster tails?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Which Iceland was it? Was planning on doing a large Iceland shop today anyway, so handy to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I signed up to emails from them and they send these now and again. The current one is spend 20 get 5 off and you can show on your phone, no need to print it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

123654789 wrote: »
    I signed up to emails from them and they send these now and again. The current one is spend 20 get 5 off and you can show on your phone, no need to print it.

Have you a link to this?
    Please!

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip - sounds like a good time to stock up. Were they whole lobsters or lobster tails?

They were the whole lobsters. Normally Aldi and Lidl do them but I haven't seen them this year. That was actually the only reason I went into Iceland. But when we were handed the voucher, we decided to make use of it.

antodeco wrote: »
    Which Iceland was it? Was planning on doing a large Iceland shop today anyway, so handy to know!

It was in Clonmel. I'm assuming it would be nationwide though.

It was from filling in a Bonuscard application I picked up in store though I never put anything on the card
    http://www.iceland.ie/bonuscard/
    If you prepay €30 onto the card you get €1 free and can use it to pay along with your fiver off €20 voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You also get a FREE 5kg Turkey if you spend €100 in one transaction
    according to the leaflet.
    No idea how you spend €100 in one transaction as you would need one
    very large freezer!

Special offers:
    20 Eggs for €2
    1kg Granulated Sugar 80c
    24 pack of spring water €3
    65 wash Surf (Tropical Lily) €8
    24 pack of toilet rolls €5

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You also get a FREE 5kg Turkey if you spend €100 in one transaction
    according to the leaflet.
    No idea how you spend €100 in one transaction as you would need one
    very large freezer!

Special offers:
    20 Eggs for €2
    1kg Granulated Sugar 80c
    24 pack of spring water €3
    65 wash Surf (Tropical Lily) €8
    24 pack of toilet rolls €5

I suppose you could buy 20 packs of the toilet paper for €100 to get the free turkey.Would be enough to keep you going for 2019 ;-)

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I suppose you could buy 20 packs of the toilet paper for €100 to get the free turkey.Would be enough to keep you going for 2019 ;-)

Unless something went badly wrong with the turkey :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks OP. Back from Iceland. Spent €120, and got €15 off and a free turkey!

They have vouchers along by the tills so I just walked up and took one of the leaflets. They are date specific, so different amounts depending what week in December you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Iceland isn't all about frozen food, it's what they are known for but I have found they can be very reasonable for store cupboard items, and they are great for office birthday parties etc as the small packs of cakes and treats are cheaper than the usual shops. Good selection too. I wouldn't usually spend anything near the amounts you have to in order to get the money off but at this time of year it's easier as they do great offers on the 24 pack of cans (Pepsi Max, 7UP Free, Fanta Zero and occasionally Dr Pepper Zero). The regular price of these are 2 slabs for €15 but I have seen them do them for €13 for 2 on specials.

They also have good offers from time to time on the boxes of sweets, crisps, biscuits etc. They also have items that wouldn't normally be sold on the Irish market (e.g. they have a Fry's Selection Box for €3 which contains 2 Turkish Delight, 2 Peppermint Creams and 2 Chocolate Creams). I got a 300g box of After Eights in my local one on Saturday for €2 (might have been a daily special). It's worth a look if you are near one and need a few stocking fillers or generic household gifts.

MB05 wrote: »
    they have a Fry's Selection Box for €3 which contains 2 Turkish Delight, 2 Peppermint Creams and 2 Chocolate Creams)

These are in Dealz at the mo for €3 each or two boxes for a fiver. OT but just posting it coz there's more Dealzes then Icelands here

Pity they dont sell alcohol in any of their Irish stores... would be handy for hitting a voucher limit. Their UK stores do.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Pity they dont sell alcohol in any of their Irish stores... would be handy for hitting a voucher limit. Their UK stores do.

They sell alcohol in the Portlaoise one

js35 wrote: »
    They sell alcohol in the Portlaoise one

Hmm even more curious that the stores in Talbot St and Coolock dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hmm even more curious that the stores in Talbot St and Coolock dont!

Fermoy and Clonmel doesn't sell it either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Fermoy and Clonmel doesn't sell it either!

Neither do Tralee or Listowel. Is Portlaoise a recently-opened store and have they sold alcohol there since it opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks for this i was planning to buy my christmas dinner shopping in Iceland anyway for having the nuts to put out the banned orangutang ad, so this makes it easier again, and i do like the party food bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Quackster wrote: »
    Neither do Tralee or Listowel. Is Portlaoise a recently-opened store and have they sold alcohol there since it opened?

I think it opened this year ? And yes , they've sold alcohol from the start .

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

zell12 wrote: »

Perhaps a mod can merge the two threads.

Advertisement