Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2018, 22:28   #541
HeidiHeidi

I've given up on it entirely. Can't find the rainfall radar screen anywhere on phone or laptop, only a rainfall forecast screen - and even when I could, the colours were so bland as to be borderline useless. I'm sick of trying to navigate my way around the site, it's not in the slightest intuitive. I default to the archive site for as long as it lasts.

I emailed Met Eireann with my comments, and have heard not a dickybird back from them (which is surprising and disappointing, as when I happened upon a glaring error in a sea area forecast a few years ago and emailed them about it, the forecaster on duty was straight back to me in jig time, I was most impressed).
Advertisement
18-10-2018, 10:36   #542
MetEireann
Verified representative

Launch of Ireland's High Resolution Ensemble-based Forecasting System

The Met Éireann EPS, called IREPS – Irish Regional Ensemble Prediction System, came into operational use at midday on Monday October 15th 2018 and is the first EPS system run operationally by Met Éireann. The ensemble had been running pre-operationally for several months. The European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) has been running coarser grid ensemble prediction systems for the past few decades. However, the advantage of IREPS is its very high resolution.
Article on met.ie here:
https://www.met.ie/irelands-first-hi...casting-system

Last edited by MetEireann; 18-10-2018 at 12:30.
18-10-2018, 12:00   #543
sryanbruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetEireann View Post
The Met Éireann EPS, called IREPS – Irish Regional Ensemble Prediction System, came into operational use at midday on Monday October 15th 2018 and is the first EPS system run operationally by Met Éireann. The ensemble had been running pre-operationally for several months. The European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) has been running coarser grid ensemble prediction systems for the past few decades. However, the advantage of IREPS is its very high resolution.
Article on met.ie here:
Error.

Quote:
404: PAGE NOT FOUND.
18-10-2018, 12:15   #544
spookwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sryanbruen View Post
Error.
Think this is it

Thanks from:
18-10-2018, 12:24   #545
Gooser14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi
I've given up on it entirely. Can't find the rainfall radar screen anywhere on phone or laptop, only a rainfall forecast screen - and even when I could, the colours were so bland as to be borderline useless. I'm sick of trying to navigate my way around the site, it's not in the slightest intuitive. I default to the archive site for as long as it lasts.

From the drop down menu select Forecast Maps & there you will find 6 icons including ones for Recent Rain & Forecast Rain. Presumably it is the recent rain view you are looking for.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2018, 12:50   #546
spookwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi View Post

I emailed Met Eireann with my comments, and have heard not a dickybird back from them (which is surprising and disappointing, as when I happened upon a glaring error in a sea area forecast a few years ago and emailed them about it, the forecaster on duty was straight back to me in jig time, I was most impressed).
Noticed some presenters use an outline on their maps while others don't. It is hard to read with the lack of borders and I also find there is a large inconsistency in the rainfall radar when comparing it to other radar sites. Another good idea would be mark on the marine forecast maps and warnings where Erris head, Malin point etc is.
Thanks from:
09-11-2018, 18:35   #547
DOCARCH

Has old site been taken down....can't see link anymore on new site?

Will miss old radar!
09-11-2018, 18:37   #548
SleetAndSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCARCH View Post
Has old site been taken down....can't see link anymore on new site?

Will miss old radar!
nope still here on http://archive.met.ie/ , still says it on the new site for me.
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2018, 18:39   #549
DOCARCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleetAndSnow View Post
nope still here on http://archive.met.ie/ , still says it on the new site for me.
Phew! Disappeared for me?
Advertisement
02-01-2019, 08:46   #550
mean gene

Its raining in Cork and theres nothing on the rainfall radar here
02-01-2019, 08:58   #551
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean gene
Its raining in Cork and theres nothing on the rainfall radar here

Is it mist/drizzle, as the radar doesn't pick that up?
02-01-2019, 08:59   #552
mean gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Is it mist/drizzle, as the radar doesn't pick that up?
tis ya that could be it
02-01-2019, 09:02   #553
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mean gene
tis ya that could be it

Net weather's radar is showing a little more detail, you can see the light rain/mist/drizzle to some degree on it
02-01-2019, 17:54   #554
learn

Agmet : Gurteen's % average sss ?
02-01-2019, 23:08   #555
piuswal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Net weather's radar is showing a little more detail, you can see the light rain/mist/drizzle to some degree on it
Where does Net weather get its radar images from?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion