Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-09-2018, 18:08   #16
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brendand_ View Post
Did you get a reference from a previous landlord?
If they screwed over the previous LL, the previous LL may have said anything to get them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eireog1 View Post
They have sent me a picture of the cheque that they are trying to lodge so that they can transfer the money to me
I don't see how their financial issues are your problem. Have the 14 day warning issued.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 18:42   #17
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brendand_ View Post
Just curious, not trying to apportion blame or anything - it's not on for people to not pay rent without a very good reason such as becoming unemployed, and even then they should be in communication with you about that. Did you get a reference from a previous landlord?

you mean there is no reason not to pay rent
14-09-2018, 18:45   #18
K.Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eireog1 View Post
They have sent me a picture of the cheque that they are trying to lodge so that they can transfer the money to me rent should have been paid on the due date.
Sounds like another fob off excuse, anyone can write a cheque and send a pucture of it to you, without money in your account it is meaningless.
If you have not received any money in the last three months then you need to protect yourself from any more nonsense.
Tell them you giving them notice for all arrears to be brought up to date and if by the end of that notice the arrears are not cleared they will be issued with a termination notice.
Plenty of good tenants out there waiting.

Last edited by K.Flyer; 14-09-2018 at 18:52.
(3) thanks from:
15-09-2018, 03:06   #19
ted1

If you used a generic lease you’ll find a clause about leaving the property empty for more than 30 days.

https://www.let.ie/files/part4.pdf

See 3.6

After that assume that they have moved out. Simple dunk the stuff, keep receipts to use against deposit which is forefeitted and relet
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion